News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 25, 2017, 04:04:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: You want me to give you a ride *every day*? Hopefully final Update p 46  (Read 148732 times)

Roe

I'd forgotten about the death of his mom.

So had I!!!  Which makes it all the more reasonable not to engage the crazy.

Phoebe

Today the weather is great, warm and sunny. However overnight  another storm is approaching from Antarctica bringing gales and lots and lots of rain.  So if Clara is going to try again my guess is it will be tomorrow morning. 

How cool is that, hearing about weather patterns from Antarctica on the evening news?  All I get here are Buffalo's leftovers  ;D 

amandaelizabeth

• Amanda's home based ece
Its not cool, its blooming freezing.  LOL

A couple of years ago, a storm brought an iceberg to the South Island.  Being Kiwi's we just took a sheep out there and sheared it

fixed the spelling

Nurvingiel

I'd forgotten about the death of his mom.
So had I!!!  Which makes it all the more reasonable not to engage the crazy.
Is there ever a good time to engage crazy this crazy?
If I had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if I had some eggs.

Stranger

• diligo ergo sum
So many questions!  :)I am really so grateful for the support on this issue.

I didn't speak to Carla on the day I wanted to (days are a bit muddled because of MIL) because we learned that afternoon that MIL wasn't doing as well as we hoped she would. That, coupled with my cowardice about actually confronting Carla meant that I let it slide until she was at my garage door again  >:(

As an aside, DH passed his exam! 

I haven't seen Carla since I told her that I will involve the law if she doesn't leave me alone. I am hoping it will stay that way. However - it is raining and very cold. I am keeping my guard up!

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Today was another story, though. My MIL passed away last night, and we had a difficult evening and morning. Carla BANGED on my door at 08:00 this morning, because it was raining  ::)

I have spoken to the police last night, and I got excellent advice. I have to tell Carla that I am going to lay charges against her if she doesn't stop contacting me (in any way). I will do that today. Hopefully she will listen. If she doesn't, I will have help to make her stop.
I didn't speak to Carla on the day I wanted to (days are a bit muddled because of MIL) because we learned that afternoon that MIL wasn't doing as well as we hoped she would. That, coupled with my cowardice about actually confronting Carla meant that I let it slide until she was at my garage door again  >:(

I’m sorry if anyone gets offended that I’m using quotes to illustrate just where I’m confused, but I don’t see any other way to put it clearly…  1st post says MIL passed away the night before.  2nd post, posted after 1st, says that Stranger spoke with the cops the night before & was going to speak with Carla that day.  3rd post says Stranger didn’t speak with Carla because MIL wasn’t doing well that afternoon, but according to the posts, MIL passed away before Stranger was planning on speaking with Carla…  I’m just very confused at this point.  I realize that the days may be muddled, but If I read things correctly, either MIL passing & speaking with the cops happened the same evening or within a day of each other, but however it happened, it sounds like both had occured before Stranger posted that she was going to speak with Carla that day.  I'm just so confused now...

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Roe

Today was another story, though. My MIL passed away last night, and we had a difficult evening and morning. Carla BANGED on my door at 08:00 this morning, because it was raining  ::)

I have spoken to the police last night, and I got excellent advice. I have to tell Carla that I am going to lay charges against her if she doesn't stop contacting me (in any way). I will do that today. Hopefully she will listen. If she doesn't, I will have help to make her stop.

I’m sorry if anyone gets offended that I’m using quotes to illustrate just where I’m confused, but I don’t see any other way to put it clearly…  1st post says MIL passed away the night before.  2nd post, posted after 1st, says that Stranger spoke with the cops the night before & was going to speak with Carla that day.  3rd post says Stranger didn’t speak with Carla because MIL wasn’t doing well that afternoon, but according to the posts, MIL passed away before Stranger was planning on speaking with Carla…  I’m just very confused at this point.  I realize that the days may be muddled, but If I read things correctly, either MIL passing & speaking with the cops happened the same evening or within a day of each other, but however it happened, it sounds like both had occured before Stranger posted that she was going to speak with Carla that day.  I'm just so confused now...

I just don't understand why you keep harping on this.  What difference does it make?  TBH, I've changed a few details when I post and I'm sure others have too.  If you think there's something wrong with Stranger's post than report it to a mod and let them take care of it if they deem it worthy of intervention.

Vesper

I've been following this thread since the start and want to say congratulations to Stranger for sticking up for yourself and your family.  :)

What I don't understand is why Bibliophile is picking apart posts like it's a life and death situation. There isn't any need for it. The general gist of what is going on is there and you have no reason to keep harping about minor things like mixing up dates, etc. :-\

Bibliophile

I just don't understand why you keep harping on this.  What difference does it make?  TBH, I've changed a few details when I post and I'm sure others have too.  If you think there's something wrong with Stranger's post than report it to a mod and let them take care of it if they deem it worthy of intervention.

As I said before, I was curious why she didn't speak with her the day she said she was going to.  Again, just curious.  Stranger chose to answer the question; however, the answer just left more questions for me.  I don't think my question was rude or unreasonable - and I'd only say it was "harping" if I continued with the same line of questioning without waiting for Stranger to answer.

The timeline doesn't make sense.  I don't think that's a small thing in trying to understand the story.

Either MIL dies night before, Carla knocks at 8am next morning, Talks to police that evening, Will talk to Carla next day, Nothing happens for a few days til Carla knocks again and Stranger says she'll call - but then where does MIL not doing well fit in?

or

Talks to police one evening & will talk to Carla next day, but that afternoon MIL isn't doing well, MIL dies, Carla knocks on door 8am day after mom dies but nothing is said to her, then couple days later when Carla knocks again, she tells her she'll call police next time. But then the reason doesn't make sense either.

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Poirot

• Needler of threads, not threader of needles
I understand bibliophile's confusion because it confused me as well. (MIL's death followed by MIL's illness.)

That being said, I often deliberately change details in my posts to make me less identifiable. I think in such a long thread, a few inconsistencies are to be expected, and all in all, Stranger's story strikes me as very credible.

Although understandable, I think repeatedly picking at the inconsistencies is starting to bother some posters, although IMO it is completely your right to do so if you wish.

A spoon! A spoon! My kingdom for a case of #%^***** spoons!

goblue2539

• Caffeine makes the world go 'round.
The way I'm reading it is that the call to the police and the calls regarding MIL came on the same day, or at least within the same 24 hour period.  So, Strangers speaks to police and gets advice to warn Carla.  She intends to speak to Carla the next day.  After call to police, call comes in that MIL isn't doing well and isn't expected to make it much longer.  Carla comes banging on the door the next day at 8 am.  Stranger doesn't have energy to deal with Carla because of worry over MIL.  Stranger finds out worry about MIL was justified, because MIL passed the same night that Stranger spoke to the police.  Insert a few days of worrying and stressing over what needs to be done now that MIL is gone, and suddenly it's Friday with Carla "surprising" Stranger at the garage door.  Stranger spits out necessary info on her intent to call the police and Carla slinks away.

I'll admit that I got myself a little confused when I was trying to put the timeline together.  But, I also know that losing a close family member can put everything into a fog.  While I understand and respect where the questions were coming from, I can't blame Stranger for not remembering exactly what order things happened in if MIL's death wasn't exactly expected.

I do hope this helps. 

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
I've been following this thread since the start and want to say congratulations to Stranger for sticking up for yourself and your family.  :)

What I don't understand is why Bibliophile is picking apart posts like it's a life and death situation. There isn't any need for it. The general gist of what is going on is there and you have no reason to keep harping about minor things like mixing up dates, etc. :-\

I don't get it either. It comes across very judgmental and is getting increasingly frustrating. I don't want the mods to lock this thread because of one person appearing* to be searching for shenanigans.

* I know Bibliophile has said that's not the intention, and I believe that, but it's still the tone of the posts.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Bibliophile

The way I'm reading it is that the call to the police and the calls regarding MIL came on the same day, or at least within the same 24 hour period.  So, Strangers speaks to police and gets advice to warn Carla.  She intends to speak to Carla the next day.  After call to police, call comes in that MIL isn't doing well and isn't expected to make it much longer.  Carla comes banging on the door the next day at 8 am.  Stranger doesn't have energy to deal with Carla because of worry over MIL.  Stranger finds out worry about MIL was justified, because MIL passed the same night that Stranger spoke to the police.  Insert a few days of worrying and stressing over what needs to be done now that MIL is gone, and suddenly it's Friday with Carla "surprising" Stranger at the garage door.  Stranger spits out necessary info on her intent to call the police and Carla slinks away.

I'll admit that I got myself a little confused when I was trying to put the timeline together.  But, I also know that losing a close family member can put everything into a fog.  While I understand and respect where the questions were coming from, I can't blame Stranger for not remembering exactly what order things happened in if MIL's death wasn't exactly expected.

I do hope this helps. 

Not really.  When she posted that she spoke with the police and was going to talk with Carla that day, she had already known that MIL had passed as she posted about it previously.  I realize that a death in the family is a difficult thing and I respect the issues that they're dealing with.  I don't think that a person trying to figure out a now very complicated timeline is all that odd.  If someone is asking for advice on a situation, it helps to be able to understand what's been going on.

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.