Author Topic: Simple version of ehell for a mobile phone?  (Read 2982 times)

wendelenn

Simple version of ehell for a mobile phone?
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:50:48 PM »
Hi all,

I recently switched phones from a Samsung cell phone to a slightly fancier version of a Samsung cell phone.  On my old phone, when I logged into ehell and read the forum, it was a very simple version--plain text, no pictures, no background, etc.  I liked it because it was very easy to use and navigate.

On my new phone, I can't seem to figure out how to get the simpler version. What comes up is the full featured version that looks just like the regular ehell website. Which looks nice, but I have a hard time getting around the full featured version on my cell phone. (e.g. clicking on the tiny "new" button or clicking on the tiny numbers to go to the next page! 

I don't mind, and I'll get used to it, but I'd love to know if there's a way to get the simple version back!

thanks,
Wendy
"I don't mean to be rude", he began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable.

"--yet sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often," Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely.  "Best to say nothing at all."

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
Re: Simple version of ehell for a mobile phone?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:53:40 PM »
I linked it at one time.  I will see if I can find it.

Bellantara

• Normal is a setting on the washing machine.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 10:54:25 PM »

Here it is:

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?;wap2

wendelenn

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 11:27:20 PM »

Here it is:

well, darn, that ALMOST worked!  It's exactly what I was looking for, but I can't seem to login. . .when I hit "login" it gives me the words "username" and "password", but no boxes to type in! (just white space after each word.)  Oh well. . .
"I don't mean to be rude", he began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable.

"--yet sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often," Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely.  "Best to say nothing at all."

Bellantara

• Normal is a setting on the washing machine.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 11:21:18 PM »

Here it is:

well, darn, that ALMOST worked!  It's exactly what I was looking for, but I can't seem to login. . .when I hit "login" it gives me the words "username" and "password", but no boxes to type in! (just white space after each word.)  Oh well. . .

Huh. It works fine for me. (Granted, I'm trying it on my laptop, but still. . . )  The boxes to type in show up under the Username and Password fields for me on the laptop. Don't know what to tell you.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 05:25:44 PM »
I set my BB to use no pics for this site and column instead of page view.  Like you, seeing the full version n the BB is difficult to read. I think you might have to fiddle with page display settings for your phone. 

The drawback with this setup is I can't quote and seeing the quote trees is difficult because everything is inline.   

kckgirl

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 09:51:53 PM »
Hi all,

I recently switched phones from a Samsung cell phone to a slightly fancier version of a Samsung cell phone.  On my old phone, when I logged into ehell and read the forum, it was a very simple version--plain text, no pictures, no background, etc.  I liked it because it was very easy to use and navigate.

On my new phone, I can't seem to figure out how to get the simpler version. What comes up is the full featured version that looks just like the regular ehell website. Which looks nice, but I have a hard time getting around the full featured version on my cell phone. (e.g. clicking on the tiny "new" button or clicking on the tiny numbers to go to the next page! 

I don't mind, and I'll get used to it, but I'd love to know if there's a way to get the simple version back!

thanks,
Wendy

If it's an Android phone, tap twice on the screen when the words are tiny. They'll usually adjust to fit the screen, and when I touch my screen and hold or slide my finger for a second, a +/- thing shows up at the bottom. If I click on the plus, the words get bigger.
Maryland

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 01:53:53 PM »
FYI, it's the "wap2" that makes it a simple site.  Sometimes, when I'm reading a post with pictures, I cant see them on the simple site, I'll remove those letters from the end of the url, and voila! it's the fulls site.
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou