Author Topic: Will you take a picture with my camera ?  (Read 15697 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Will you take a picture with my camera ?
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2011, 10:29:20 AM »
Technology is working to solve this problem. Last time I was at a camera show, there was one maker (Nikon, maybe? Or Fuji?) with a cute little camera with a viewscreen on the *front* as well as the back, so you could easily take a picture of yourself!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2011, 03:23:04 PM »
Technology is working to solve this problem. Last time I was at a camera show, there was one maker (Nikon, maybe? Or Fuji?) with a cute little camera with a viewscreen on the *front* as well as the back, so you could easily take a picture of yourself!

I think that might be Samsung.

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2011, 06:09:51 AM »

Still requires that you have long enough arms though ;)

I've asked and been asked. I don't think it's rude to ask as long as you're not interrupting anybody, and as long as you take no for an answer.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2011, 12:00:52 PM »

I have this feature on my Samsung Rugby II.  It always switches this feature on when I'm trying to check the time and it always freaks me out. :-\

PaintingPastelPrincess

• She of 3 P's
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2011, 06:51:56 PM »
OP, I think you were fine and the lady & teenagers were quite rude.  I agree that your response may have been confusing, but you were coming from book-brain and were confused yourself.  I don't blame you for not wanting to step away from your books or your luggage, and I especially don't blame you for not wanting to handle someone else's camera.

Personally, if I want pictures of myself & whoever I'm with, I either try to ask an employee of where I'm at (if possible), or I make do with friends & I passing the camera around and taking pictures of one another.  I don't think it's rude to ask a stranger once, politely, to take a picture (provided said stranger isn't obviously occupied with something, and I do thing reading counts as occupied with something), as long as an answer of "No." is taken gracefully. 

I don't mind doing favors for people, but it's going to be at *my* convenience and at *my* comfort level, not theirs.  For strangers, anyway.  I'm more willing to be put out when it's family/close friends. 

inna.minnit

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »
Most digital cameras have an auto timer.  I guess rude family didn't know that.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2011, 01:38:25 PM »
I don't think it's rude to ask a stranger once, politely, to take a picture (provided said stranger isn't obviously occupied with something, and I do thing reading counts as occupied with something), as long as an answer of "No." is taken gracefully.
But apparently Picture Lady doesn't. I have no trouble imagining that if she had been asked, she might have said "Well, it's not like I interrupted her! She wasn't doing anything, just reading."

Get between me and my book at your peril. ;)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~