News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 22, 2018, 05:44:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: well, THAT was the worst book ever!  (Read 387558 times)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Re: well, THAT was the worst book ever!
« Reply #1785 on: February 07, 2013, 11:19:21 AM »
Have you ever read a novel that was SO bad that you know you should stop reading it, but there's a sick fascination with it anyway?

I'm currently reading a Star Trek: Deep Space Nine novel, and in the first thirty-odd pages:

- O'Brien was slapped in irons for ripping a hole in a Cardassian ship in dock, against the express wishes of the Cardassian engineer
- Kira is seen to be listening (and it's implied giving heed to) recordings of a Bajoran terrorist who's calling for the expulsion of the Federation
- Sisko implying stating that the only way he'll hand over control of the station to Bajor is if he deems them worthy
- Bashir hitting on anything that moves, including Major Kira, twice in the same meeting
- Odo casually discussing the particulars of his regeneration cycle with a Cardassian Gul, and letting the Gul watch him while he regenerates
- The Gul in question, in Odo's quarters, smoking a pipe.  Filled with tobacco.  That he purchased from Quark.  That he got from Earth

It's like a train wreck.  There's still over 150 pages to go, so I'm considering starting a list of all the ways this book fails.

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #1786 on: February 07, 2013, 12:05:49 PM »
I once had a book of movie trivia that was so WRONG.  Frederic March's full name was Fred Eric March, and the like.  Why would you make up something like that?  I have never seen such a mess in my life.

I think I went through it, making a list of all the errors.  This was before the internet, but still, I was a high school senior and had better movie reference material than this person did.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

Twik

« Reply #1787 on: February 07, 2013, 12:33:45 PM »
I once had a book of movie trivia that was so WRONG.  Frederic March's full name was Fred Eric March, and the like.  Why would you make up something like that?  I have never seen such a mess in my life.

I think I went through it, making a list of all the errors.  This was before the internet, but still, I was a high school senior and had better movie reference material than this person did.

I presume after the internet, the person who wrote this proceeded to write those lists of misinformation like, "The name 'trench mouth' comes from the infection people got from eating off dirty dishes called trenchers."
"The sky's the limit. Your sky. Your limit. Now, let's dance!"