Author Topic: Not Wearing a Hat To the Royal Wedding = Slap In the Face?  (Read 10307 times)

Nurvingiel

• Super Hero!
Re: Not Wearing a Hat To the Royal Wedding = Slap In the Face?
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2011, 02:41:57 PM »
I really don't know much about this tradition or "requirement." Is this a big deal?

For me, it would be. I mean, I don't know about your situation, but I can say it's not often I have the chance to wear a hat that looks like Cthulhu's gift wrap. I gotta take the opportunity where it arises.
It's important to show proper reverance to the Elder Gods, with celebratory gift wrap hats. ;D

Someone's wedding is just not a good place for a fashion statement.

Do you mean political statement?  Because a whole lot of those hats and fascinators were fashion statements.  (I'm not sure a wedding is the place for either, personally, just trying to clarify what you meant)

I think I'd disagree that weddings aren't the place for fashion statements. British weddings of a certain style tend to be all about the Big Hats. ;D
see, I guess making any kind of "statement" deliberately seems to be kind of attention seeking which I always thought was inappropriate for wedding guests.
I thought that her lack of a hat or fascinator was a fashion statement, since the dress code is to have a hat that matches the rest of your outfit.

She dressed differently to make a statement. If it was political, that would be inappropriate too.
If I had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if I had some eggs.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
Re: Not Wearing a Hat To the Royal Wedding = Slap In the Face?
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2011, 08:15:47 AM »
I really don't know much about this tradition or "requirement." Is this a big deal?

For me, it would be. I mean, I don't know about your situation, but I can say it's not often I have the chance to wear a hat that looks like Cthulhu's gift wrap. I gotta take the opportunity where it arises.

You almost made me choke on my breakfast! ;D
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.