News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 04, 2016, 06:22:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Etiquette of singles  (Read 4202 times)

diesel_darlin

Re: Etiquette of singles
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 10:23:34 PM »
I think the definition of date depends on the couple.  I know some couples who are perfectly fine hanging out with singles and don't make them feel awkward and like they're a 3rd wheel.  I also know other couples who are all over each other (ie a makeout session at restaurant booth) and it is an awkward feeling for the single.   Also every other word out of their mouths is about how awesome it is to be 1/2 of a couple (yes this is a specific example). 

I think if you're not the latter couple, for the most part you're fine.  But whenever there's an odd number in a group someone is going to be the odd one out.  If one person in the group is consistently that odd number, that's when they're going to feel bad.

This.

I have married friends that I met while I was still married. They've been with me through the whole divorce and everything.

We do many activities together, but they never make me feel like I was an outsider.

I have been in situations where there were whispers, and heavy PDA. I left, and the couple couldn't figure out why I left.  ::)

Sharnita

Re: Etiquette of singles
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2016, 02:35:03 PM »
When making plans for family get-togethers, ask the single family members about their plans and commitments. Do not assume they can automatically accommodate to whatever the marrieds/with kids decides.