Author Topic: Blocking  (Read 3933 times)

Larrabee

Blocking
« on: May 04, 2011, 12:27:01 PM »
I was wondering if there was a way to 'block' or 'ignore' a particular poster on these forums as there is on some others.  I can't see any obvious way to do this and I suppose given the nature of the forum its possible that it doesn't exist, but if it does does anyone know how to do this?

Ms_Shell

Re: Blocking
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »
Not 100% sure, but going off some previous threads on this topic, I'm inclined to say no.  I seem to remember one of the moderators saying that we should apply the ignore function with our eyes and mouse (can't remember the specific thread, sorry.)
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker

Larrabee

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:46:14 PM »
I guess that makes sense, its just not as easy as having the software do it for you!

Thanks anyway.

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 06:26:38 PM »
I was wondering if there was a way to 'block' or 'ignore' a particular poster on these forums as there is on some others.  I can't see any obvious way to do this and I suppose given the nature of the forum its possible that it doesn't exist, but if it does does anyone know how to do this?

You could just send me a PM and tell me to knock it off.  ;D
Words mean things.

Larrabee

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 06:34:20 PM »

;D

Actually, despite your slightly controversial style, I would never block your posts Juana!

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »

Hah!  Love it.

I've been wondering this too.  I had a problem with a poster a few months ago (not a regular), but it hasn't recurred lately.  Could have used an "ignore" feature then for sure.

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 07:14:54 PM »
Count me in on also wanting an ignore function.

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 07:15:43 PM »
Unfortunately, this version of the forum does not have an ignore function.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC