Author Topic: Talking on the cell phone while on the toilet  (Read 13865 times)

BeagleMommy

Re: Talking on the cell phone while on the toilet
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 02:18:10 PM »
One of my gal pals was actually admonished in a public restroom for FLUSHING, interrupting a cell phone conversation in the next stall.

Okay, that made me go  :o

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 02:25:31 PM »
One of my gal pals was actually admonished in a public restroom for FLUSHING, interrupting a cell phone conversation in the next stall.

Okay, that made me go  :o

I would be sorely tempted to flush a few more times!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

songbird

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 10:58:19 PM »
The woman who cleans the restroom at our office has been known to chat on the phone while she works.  She's in the restroom several times during the day to clean and replenish supplies.  It's very awkward when she's on the phone.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 08:21:52 AM »
I'll admit, I walked into the bathroom at the airport talking to my mom, but I couldn't hear out in the terminal because of all of the announcements and it was about getting a script filled that I so badly needed.

I will also talk to only 3 people on the phone while I'm going to the bathroom, it's only ever at home, and I have asked all of them if they mind; seeing as 2 of the 3 do it back to me, it's not so bad.  They are my mother, my sister, and my best friend.  Best friend rarely ever gets it but if I have to go, I just let her know she might hear some funny noises.  She and I almost never talk on the phone (honestly, I hate talking on phones for very long but that's because I have a hard time focusing) and it's usually during a break of some sort, so we don't want to hang up.  It almost never happens with her, like I said, but neither of us mind.  I guess that's what makes it different, that I have asked, they have said its okay.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 11:27:37 AM »
My best friend and I have been known to have marathon phone conversations and there've been times I've tried to hold it but one night finally said "I'll call you back, I've gatta use the bathroom."  She said "So? Go, I don't care.  I've done it while on the phone with you before."  I was surprised cause I'd never heard a sound.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

FizzyChip

• weight
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 03:39:10 AM »
I used to interview people as part of my job.  First round interviews were conducted over the phone, and I always tried to tee up a convenient time for the applicant.  So, it was with great surprise that just before concluding one of these calls, some 10 minutes in, that I heard the unmistakable sound of the dreaded flush.

I think I was caught so off guard that I exclaimed "Oh my god, are you in the toilet?" to which the applicant replied nonchalantly "yeah".

I realise that some times it's the old "when ya gotta go..." moment, but I thought at the time & under the circumstances he could have been more discreet, at least held off flushing until the call was ended.

BTW - I don't know if it makes much difference, but these were quite senior positions within the company I was working for and it was very off-putting to think that I could be working with someone who apparently had so few social boundaries.

Redsoil

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 03:55:28 AM »
Is it bad that upon reading the title, the thought of a "word game" came to mind?  You know the sort - where participants keep adding to the actions, until it's so cumbersome players start dropping out/adding outrageous substitutions etc.

Soooo, anyone up for a little game?

Talking on the cell phone while on the toilet juggling cats...

Next!
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

SisJackson

• Wear Sunscreen!
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 04:57:37 AM »
I don't take anyone to the bathroom with me - whether I'm out with girl friends* or I'm on the phone.  I've never had a conversation so crucial that it must be carried on while one or the other of us goes to the washroom.  My mother tries this, and as soon as I can tell (her voice changes when she enters the acoustics of her bathroom) I just tell her, "Oh, I don't mean to interrupt, call me back later, bye" and hang up before she can protest - because she will, and will tell me that it's fine, she won't be but a minute.  But it's not fine with me.

If someone else wants to have a phone conversation while they are taking care of their elimination business and I happen to be in the same public ladies' room, that's up to them, but I'm not going to be quiet or anything.  I know a friend who was called out for making excessive noise while a fellow toileter was talking on the phone (she flushed twice) and she said loudly "Oh, did I pee in the phone booth again?  Goodness gracious me!  I really need to be more careful about using a bathroom next time."

*I've been informed that I will have my Woman Card rescinded because I don't request that my female friends join me in the ladies' nor do I accompany my friends when they excuse themselves to go.  I've never understood that particular "thing" that some women do.

cattlekid

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 05:02:42 AM »
My husband and his BFF will have long phone conversations when both parties are on their respective loos.  I have been known to do the same thing but ONLY with DH, because he has no problem with it.  However, these are not conversations that I initiate.  It's not like I take the phone into the loo just to see who I can call.   ;D

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 06:51:40 AM »
Taking this thread to a new low:
In college, I lived in a co-ed dorm. The bathrooms were co-ed because the dorm had originally been intended for singlesex and so there was only one bathroom every so often on each floor. Numerous times, I remember having a conversation with a male friend and we both needed a potty break. We'd go in together and use stalls next to each other. Carrying on the conversation the whole time, while seeing each other's feet underneath the stalls pointing in opposite directions.

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 08:23:59 AM »
I think it's nasty.

I'm also amused by people who are all "ONOZ I don't want the guy on the other end to hear me!" Well, unless it's you making the call, by definition it's someone else making the call. The odds seem statistically insignificant that Callmaker is telling Recipient, "So I'm calling from the bathroom, and that's Juana making those awful sounds, by the way."
Words mean things.

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 07:38:24 PM »
I will freely admit that I make absolutely no effort whatsoever to stifle myself just because my co-worker has decided the bathroom is the best place to have a lovey-dovey conversation with her boyfriend.

Seriously, you initiated a conversation in the bathroom and expected there not to be bathroom noise?
Utah

EMuir

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 11:32:05 PM »
I've answered my cell in the restroom at work because it was my brother, I knew he had a "situation" happening, and I told him to call me if he suddenly needed me.  The conversation wasn't long, and I wasn't going to leave him hanging.  What I do in a stall is my business and I take the risk of bathroom noises being overheard.

A woman who works for the same company, different department, actually reported me to my boss because she overheard me take that call.  My boss hinted to her manager that perhaps her employees should have more work to do so they wouldn't have time to bug him about such inconsequential matters.