Author Topic: What's it to ya, Jane Seymour?  (Read 3887 times)

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
Re: What's it to ya, Jane Seymour?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 11:05:36 PM »
I think lots of people still know who she is. Her TV series Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman is still being rerun on cable and satellite TV stations. It's just gossip and not worth getting too upset over in my opinion. Schwarzenegger made his bed so now he'll have to lie in it.

Ed.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 11:19:05 AM »
Not germane to the topic, but I met Jane way back in the late 70s when she was in N. MI making that movie with Christopher Reeves. Have her autograph.  :)

She was pretty snooty until I said I didn't know who she was (I was used to super-snooty resorters, so she was nothing new).

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 06:30:46 PM »
She may be right, and presumably she was asked about AS by an interviewer. In any case, I don't think it makes much difference.

If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

lkb

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 05:28:52 AM »
@Jaxsue:
I live in Michigan and Mackinac Island still raves about "Somewhere in Time." I was there last summer (my favorite place on earth.) Watched the movie again after I came back and I must say, IMHO, the movie did not age well. Horrible acting (especially Reeve), really stupid plot (not really time travel but self hypnosis).
While Jane Seymour is a beautiful woman, she does strike me as very self-absorbed.
Loved your anecdote.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 01:28:30 PM »
@Jaxsue:
I live in Michigan and Mackinac Island still raves about "Somewhere in Time." I was there last summer (my favorite place on earth.) Watched the movie again after I came back and I must say, IMHO, the movie did not age well. Horrible acting (especially Reeve), really stupid plot (not really time travel but self hypnosis).
While Jane Seymour is a beautiful woman, she does strike me as very self-absorbed.
Loved your anecdote.

I saw it again a couple of years ago and I agree, it didn't age well. Jane bought an antique pocketwatch for Christopher while in the shop and I think he may have worn it in the movie (the shop was in the "gaslight," or tourist ("fudgie") district, which caters to wealthy resorters). She had 4 huge bodyguards with her, but being used to dealing with SSs I didn't give her special treatment. She did thaw a bit when I didn't fawn all over her.

I miss N. MI. I live in NJ now so it's quite a distance. There's still a Michigan girl somewhere inside me!  :)