Author Topic: Disastrous shopping trip angels  (Read 1740 times)

CakeEater

Disastrous shopping trip angels
« on: May 20, 2011, 11:02:31 PM »
Went grocery shopping with DD age 2 and DS age 9weeks this morning. Normally all is fine on these sorts of trips. Today DD decided that she would throw the mother of all tantrums halfway through the checkout.

Angel 1, a lady from my church, happened to be there, left her trolley of paid-for items near the door and cam and unloaded the remainder of my pretty packed trolley, put all the bags back in and helped me out to the car and unloaded the groceries into my car.

As I was dealing with tantrum, I notice that the nappy on DD is about to explode - who knows why as I had changed it fresh just before we left the house. So I'm changing her and angel 2, complete stranger brings me a bag to put the wet one in, and says - 'I've dealt with that a few times myself".

Then I notice that one of the bags of pasta I have in the trolley has split and is spilling pasta all over the floor. Angel 3, store employee, came and found the pasta packet, went and got me a new one, and swept up the mess, all while being very pleasant and understanding.

Thanks goodness the baby is perfectly behaved throughout this complete debacle. Wow - I'm quite sure this place never wants me to darken their doorstep again, but how very grateful I was to those three ladies this morning.

PaintingPastelPrincess

• She of 3 P's
Re: Disastrous shopping trip angels
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 11:11:24 PM »
I always think it's so sweet when people stop to help others like this, when possible. :) How sweet of all three of those ladies!

Ms Aspasia

Re: Disastrous shopping trip angels
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 06:27:45 AM »
Aw, that's really nice to hear.  Shopping trips can be quite a challenge with little ones!