Forum Administration > Glitches, errors, problems

Posting pictures tutorial (very image heavy)

<< < (3/3)

The Opinionator:
Hello!  ;D

Who's the pretty puppy?

Bijou:

Holy smoke!  It worked!  I hope my doodle cat didn't scare anybody!  Now I'm goign to go put it in the craftig folder!

Thank you, Opinionator.  I'm so excited I keep making typos!  Wheee!!!!!  This is fun. 

Bijou:
How do you post a picture just from your own computer and not through google or photobucket, etc?  I used to know how but have forgotten.  Thanks to anyone who can help.  I think there used to be an option on the posting page for adding an attachment.  I think I must be missing something. 

MariaE:

--- Quote from: Bijou on October 19, 2014, 12:50:12 AM ---How do you post a picture just from your own computer and not through google or photobucket, etc?  I used to know how but have forgotten.  Thanks to anyone who can help.  I think there used to be an option on the posting page for adding an attachment.  I think I must be missing something.

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure this has been removed in order to optimize performance and for safety reasons. Storing images (or other attachments) potentially takes up a LOT of space, and can severely influence the performance of the database.

Also, allowing attachments to be stored directly on the server is an excellent way to spread viruses.

In other words, I'm pretty sure you have to go through photobucket, flickr or the likes.

Bijou:

--- Quote from: MariaE on October 19, 2014, 08:53:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bijou on October 19, 2014, 12:50:12 AM ---How do you post a picture just from your own computer and not through google or photobucket, etc?  I used to know how but have forgotten.  Thanks to anyone who can help.  I think there used to be an option on the posting page for adding an attachment.  I think I must be missing something.

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure this has been removed in order to optimize performance and for safety reasons. Storing images (or other attachments) potentially takes up a LOT of space, and can severely influence the performance of the database.

Also, allowing attachments to be stored directly on the server is an excellent way to spread viruses.

In other words, I'm pretty sure you have to go through photobucket, flickr or the likes.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the reply.  I do have photobucket but haven't used it in a long time and seem to have run out of space. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version