Author Topic: Disappearing thread  (Read 4381 times)

Lynn2000

Disappearing thread
« on: May 27, 2011, 07:52:51 PM »
So I read the first two pages of a thread, and when I clicked on page 3, I got an error message. Sorry, I should have written the text down, but it was something like, "You don't have access to this page." I went back and tried again, same thing. Then I went back to the main page for that category and I think the thread had disappeared. It had been almost at the top of the page and when I refreshed I didn't see it at all.

Just from what I read it seemed like the thread had the potential to get heated, so I'm assuming it was deleted by the mods deliberately. But I wanted to note it here on the off chance that it was a glitch of some kind. (The thread was in "Family and Children" and involved swimsuits.)
~Lynn2000

P-p-p-penguin

• Crazy... but that's how it goes
Re: Disappearing thread
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 07:56:48 PM »
I noticed this too and wondered if it had been deleted?  Shame if it had because it was an interesting thread.

Samantha

• Super Hero!
  • Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 07:58:58 PM »
It was probably deleted because of what some of the replies were implying about the OP's husband, even after a mod posted a warning to keep to the topic.

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07

Wavicle

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 07:59:57 PM »
That is the error you will get if is deleted. When I wonder if I am going crazy or if it really was deleted, I go in my history and find the thread to check.

Lynn2000

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 08:21:55 PM »
Okay, it makes sense that the thread was probably deleted on purpose, then. I just wanted to double-check that it wasn't an error, either on my part or the site's. Thanks!
~Lynn2000

Daydream

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 08:37:02 PM »
I'm glad you posted this, Lynn2000.  It was a very interesting thread and I'd read to the bottom of the first page, then stepped away from the computer for about twenty minutes.  When I came back and tried to go to the second page, I got the error.  The most disturbing part of the message was that it might be "off limits to you."  I thought, what did I do!  Then I thought, maybe it was because I was no longer logged in.  But no, that wasn't it.

Anyhoo, I spent about five minutes doing searches trying to find it before it occurred to me to check here and see if anyone had posted about it.  So, thank you for doing that.  :)

Paper Roses

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 08:44:10 PM »
I believe the "off limits to you" part is because the mods have the ability to put threads into a place (a folder, or whatever) where they can see them but the rest of us can't.  I know there have been threads in the past where they've done this in order to check certain posts - sometimes they just delete offensive or inappropriate posts and then put the thread back where we can all see it; sometimes not.

Just a little FYI.
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

ch1pch0p

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 08:46:18 PM »
It happened to me, too....for the second time this week! ;)

Ceiling Fan

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 08:54:01 PM »
That thread has been deleted. I still have it open in a tab, but when I looked for it in my recent posts, it's all gone away.

I hate that, it feels like gaslighting, or messing with my reality :P

Lynn2000

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 09:34:13 PM »
I believe the "off limits to you" part is because the mods have the ability to put threads into a place (a folder, or whatever) where they can see them but the rest of us can't.  I know there have been threads in the past where they've done this in order to check certain posts - sometimes they just delete offensive or inappropriate posts and then put the thread back where we can all see it; sometimes not.

Just a little FYI.

That's neat, I didn't know that.
~Lynn2000

Lynn2000

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 03:17:50 PM »
Okay, another thread has disappeared on me. It might just be me being dumb. I thought the "Noticing a not so nice trend..." thread was in "Coffee Break"? Am I crazy? I was enjoying reading it and then all of a sudden replies stopped appearing so I went looking for it, to see if it had been locked. And now I can't find it at all. Is it sitting somewhere right in front of me, or has something happened to it?
~Lynn2000

IDriveADodgeStratus

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 05:08:58 PM »
Okay, another thread has disappeared on me. It might just be me being dumb. I thought the "Noticing a not so nice trend..." thread was in "Coffee Break"? Am I crazy? I was enjoying reading it and then all of a sudden replies stopped appearing so I went looking for it, to see if it had been locked. And now I can't find it at all. Is it sitting somewhere right in front of me, or has something happened to it?

If you're crazy then so am I! I came here to see if anyone had mentioned it.

wyozozo

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 05:10:35 PM »
It too appears to be gone. I have no idea why.

Lynn2000

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 07:00:13 PM »
Okay, well, I'm glad to know I'm not crazy at least! Maybe it's just a software glitch and it will come back soon.
~Lynn2000

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 10:59:19 PM »
Nah, I'm pretty sure the swimsuit one died... it was getting ugly, and some wacky poster started talking about disturbing swimsuits :P
<---- wacky poster
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-