Author Topic: The "Twist Dress" ad  (Read 2117 times)

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
Re: The "Twist Dress" ad
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 01:08:02 PM »
I have DDs...I doubt this dress would work for me in any way.  :-\

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »
I have the Victoria's Secret version of this and I have come to realize two things:

1. It weighs like 10 pounds.
2. My chesticles are too big to wear without a bra. But it's also impossible to twist the dress in such a way to render the bra invisible.

I am sad. And out $80.  :'(

Ceiling Fan

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 01:32:21 PM »
I've tried one of these on, and I really couldn't stand it. I'm pretty busty, and you can't really wear it with a bra. I tried it without, and no matter what configuration I tried, I always felt like it was about to slip and show everything. Also, I couldn't do any of the complicated styles by myself. I would have needed a friend.

I guess if you aren't too blessed in the front, and have some help, it might be okay.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzMapIdrA4I

Uhhh - how is the second "covered up" one at all 'covered up'???? You can see so much side-breast, I'm surprised she didn't pop out!

Ahaha! I got a particular kick out the way the announcer kept saying 'your girls': "Your girls will appreciate more coverage.." as the boobage is bouncing away ;D

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 02:59:16 PM »
I have one that I bought at Target.  I figured I was willing to gamble the $20.  I haven't worn it yet, because it's a bit complicated.  I think that if I had some help wrapping it, and a few carefully placed safety pins, that I could do fun things with it.  I agree that it's harder to use if you're well endowed.

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 03:31:26 PM »
It doesn't look like I can get one in the UK, and I am not clever enough make one  :(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:43:00 PM by RingTailedLemur »

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 03:40:15 PM »
It doesn't look like I can get one in the UK, and I am nit clever enough make one  :(

Try searching for "convertible dress," there's bound to be someone selling them there.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Cat blog
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 03:52:25 PM »
If you look at "Dessy" who make them there are several UK sellers (Go here, Scroll down and you'll see "Retailers Near you" which has a UK option.).

There's also this lady who shows how to wear a similar dress if you have a bust, and ways to hide a bra.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G86aL0p3npQ&feature=related
Pet Hatchery | My books
Killgrace stories - Webserial current date: 3rd October 1929

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Runs with scissors!
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 03:54:34 PM »
I bought one (tube skirt version instead of circle skirt) off Overstock.com for less than $10 (USA) - the THIN red jersey fabric CLINGS..............tubby tummy and DD girls are highlighted by RED jersey, let me tell you.

I'm thinking a matching tank top to wear under it (something that would cover bra straps) might be what is needed when you are making your own............possibly a sports bra in matching fabric................?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

kitty-cat

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 04:11:47 PM »
I saw on the original website that they have this band thing that "offers coverage and support". Would that work for anyone?

(it's the third down on the original page)

NE Florida

Cemetery Gates

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 04:12:17 PM »
Oh, man, I have about ten of those dresses; I am obsessed with them.  I bought the majority off of etsy (from this seller), but I also picked up two of the Dessy ones on sale somewhere; I just wore one of the Dessy versions to my birthday party this year, and everyone thought it was the coolest thing.  

What to watch out for is how thick the fabric is, because when they're too thin, they get...uh.  "Indecent," I guess, is the word I am going for.  Another possible word would be "nippy,"  if you get my meaning.  Although, you can wear a strapless bra, depending on how you tie the dress (and I usually pin the dress to the bra so it stays hidden).  For a lot of the styles, though, those little sticky doo-dads work better.  

And thus ends my presentation on convertible dresses.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:15:30 PM by Cemetery Gates »

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 04:13:26 PM »
Does anyone remember Multiples or Units or any of those from the 80s? I bought one of their tube-belt type things at Daytons in the late 80s... and...um...  I wore it as a skirt.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 04:59:41 PM »
Does anyone remember Multiples or Units or any of those from the 80s? I bought one of their tube-belt type things at Daytons in the late 80s... and...um...  I wore it as a skirt.

I remember those!  :D

magicdomino

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 05:11:37 PM »

I remember those!  :D

I loved Units, and was very sad when they closed.  The regular Units pants looked too much like leggings on my sturdy peasant legs, but I found an off-brand with a looser fit.  I believe there were gauchos and palazzo pants too.  I had tops, jackets, skirts, the little tube belts/cowl collars (never wore one as a skirt though).  They were very forgiving if your weight wandered up or down.  In fact, I still have a few Units tops and jackets in the current wardrobe. 

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 11:26:22 PM »
I remember Units too.  I liked those.  I didn't have pants, but I did have tops, skirts, and those little tube belts.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC