Author Topic: I met Matt Paxton from Hoarders!  (Read 2372 times)

JoyinVirginia

• Super Hero!
I met Matt Paxton from Hoarders!
« on: June 05, 2011, 11:29:38 PM »
OK, so he is a celebrity if you like reality shows where people clean up extreme messes made by hoarders. You can see episodes at www.aetv.com/hoarders
Matt Paxton is the best "extreme cleaner" on the show, and he has written a book, "The Secret Lives of Hoarders" and had a book signing at the local Barnes & Noble recently. Not only was he there, and charming and very nice to talk to, but his mother and grandmother were there and were equally nice to talk to. They all live in the central Virginia area. Matt and his grandmother posed for a photo for me, it was great! His career with cleaning started with cleaning his grandmother's basement and helping her go through all the memorabilia of his grandfather. Grandmother confirmed the story is 100% true! 

LibChick

Re: I met Matt Paxton from Hoarders!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 12:35:30 AM »
He just looks like he's a nice guy, I'm glad he really is!

IDriveADodgeStratus

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:39:51 AM »
Oooooh I'm jealous! ;) How fun!

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:23:10 AM »
Is it weird to admit that I have a bit of a crush on him?  :)

CrayonOutlines

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 01:02:37 PM »
I e-mailed him once to tell him how great I think he is (but he never responded  :().  I still like him, though, and I love how he interacts with the people whose houses he's cleaning.

heartmug

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 05:32:35 PM »
Love it when he is on the show.  How exciting to meet him!
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

JoyinVirginia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 01:45:46 AM »
I read Matt's blog, 5decisionsaway.com and he has exciting news! For US viewers, He will be on A&E this Saturday June 18th 2011 at 1 PM on a pilot he has been working on, "Dirty Money" Try to watch, and tell your friends, family, and other Matt fans to watch!

This is a description of the show from his blog:  "Matt Paxton and his team of loveable misfits at Clutter Cleaner are the kind of guys who will tackle any clean up, no matter how extreme. Whether the township sees your 4-acre car collection as more junkyard than museum, a storm has ripped the roof off your house and soaked everything inside, or you inherit 80 years of your parent’s belongings–Matt will clean it all up. And he’ll do it all for free. But there’s a catch. He only gets paid if he finds enough valuable goods to sell for cash. Follow Matt and the guys on an unbelievable mission that ends not only with the reveal of a cleaned up space, but a tally of how much Matt was able to make on his finds and whether or not his gamble paid off."

CrayonOutlines

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 06:44:48 AM »
I read Matt's blog, 5decisionsaway.com and he has exciting news! For US viewers, He will be on A&E this Saturday June 18th 2011 at 1 PM on a pilot he has been working on, "Dirty Money" Try to watch, and tell your friends, family, and other Matt fans to watch!

Thanks for the heads up!  I hope this doesn't mean that he won't be on Hoarders anymore.

Funny thing: I searched for it on my DVR to record and another show was also listed: "Dirty Money: The Business of High End [Oldest Profession in the World]."  It's also scheduled to air on Saturday June 18th 2011, but on CNBC-W at 2 PM.  ;)