Author Topic: Co-Worker - When you think he likes you back, but just can't be sure! Update p8  (Read 35457 times)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!

For what it's worth, I'm getting the impression that the OP is maybe letting out some feelings *here*, but remaining professional in real life.  Maybe even helped along by being able to get out a few thoughts here where it's safe to do so.

In other words, by being able to write her thoughts down, she's more able to remain professional in the office where it's necessary.  So far I haven't seen anything (in her posts) to indicate she's done anything other than remain professionally friendly with this guy.

This is also my impression.  I think she's using us as an outlet for her feelings, and isn't that what we're here for?   :)
There is nothing to indicate that she isn't behaving in an entirely professional manner at work.

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!

For what it's worth, I'm getting the impression that the OP is maybe letting out some feelings *here*, but remaining professional in real life.  Maybe even helped along by being able to get out a few thoughts here where it's safe to do so.

In other words, by being able to write her thoughts down, she's more able to remain professional in the office where it's necessary.  So far I haven't seen anything (in her posts) to indicate she's done anything other than remain professionally friendly with this guy.

This is also my impression.  I think she's using us as an outlet for her feelings, and isn't that what we're here for?   :)
There is nothing to indicate that she isn't behaving in an entirely professional manner at work.

Venting isn't exactly what eHell is for - venting threads usually get locked.

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!

She isn't venting!! (at least not by my definition of 'venting')

Spoder

I didn't think she was venting, either. She's not blowing off steam in anger. She's just updating those who were following the thread.

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.

It isn't etiquette either, though. Although I just tuned into the saga, so who knows, maybe there was etiquette in the beginning?
Wherever you go.... there you are.

seabird

• I'm doing science and I'm still alive

"Playfighting" and "invasion of personal space" with someone you have professed romantic feelings to is not entirely professional.  The OP has even stated that if other colleagues behaved in a similar fashion to her crush, she would not find that acceptable.

OP, it would probably be in your best interest (both personally and career-wise) to take things down several notches with this guy.  I think you are well past the point of being harmlessly flirty friends, especially with the comments you have received from other co-workers (meaning, people are noticing your behavior). In addition, work may not be the most appropriate place to be flirty friends anyway!  It was very brave of you to put yourself out there, and now you can stop wondering what his glances and touches mean.  Better yet, stop the glances and touches altogether, and let him find a new toy to play with at the office.
You can't fight biology...

Samgirl2

"Playfighting" and "invasion of personal space" with someone you have professed romantic feelings to is not entirely professional.  The OP has even stated that if other colleagues behaved in a similar fashion to her crush, she would not find that acceptable.

OP, it would probably be in your best interest (both personally and career-wise) to take things down several notches with this guy.  I think you are well past the point of being harmlessly flirty friends, especially with the comments you have received from other co-workers (meaning, people are noticing your behavior). In addition, work may not be the most appropriate place to be flirty friends anyway!  It was very brave of you to put yourself out there, and now you can stop wondering what his glances and touches mean.  Better yet, stop the glances and touches altogether, and let him find a new toy to play with at the office.

To clarify, the playfighting and invasion of space was him not me. I have not laid a single finger on the guy. Sadly :-)

Samgirl2

Thanks to everyone who has replied and given constructive or supportive comments, they've been much appreciated.

Rather than start an argument, as some people obviously find my continued posting in this thread annoying/puzling and non-etiquette related I will not be posting on the subject any more.

seabird

• I'm doing science and I'm still alive
[To clarify, the playfighting and invasion of space was him not me. I have not laid a single finger on the guy. Sadly :-)

I did get that, but I think it is up to you to put a stop to this behavior.  He is going to keep playing with you as long as you let him, and that's not entirely professional of either of you.
You can't fight biology...

KimberlyRose

Yes, but is it a good idea to do that *here*?  This is the thread where people were really encouraging the OP, even in spite of the red flags, because it was all "so exciting."  Is it really a good idea to keep coming back to the place where people were happy to use the OP's real-life situation to get some sort of vicarious thrill?

I see the OP isn't going to be updating this, and I really think that's the best course of action.  She needs to find a place where she's not going to be getting harmful advice because some people are using her situation for their own entertainment.

cass2591

• Global Moderator
Locked because the thread has run its course, esp since the OP has dropped out.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.