Author Topic: Next door home owner is just goofy.  (Read 37752 times)

Phoebelion

Next door home owner is just goofy.
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »
You need to know that the house is a rental.  She was there last night finishing up getting the house ready to rent - last tenants moved into their new house a couple of weeks ago. 

Her latest demand is that I get rid of my dog.  Why?  Because my 10 year old Bluetick Coonhound "stares".   She doesn't jump the fence, dig holes, bark or bay  (well, she doesn't bay too much and we make her come inside when she starts up) , jump on people.  In fact, she a major couch potato unless a walk or ride is offered.  She "stares".  She got very upset when I laughed and told her no way.

Prior incident to this, we lost power at work and they told us to go home.  Pulled into my driveway to find a crew putting in forms to widen her driveway - on my property (we have a double lot with the empty lot between her house and ours).   Stopped them and spoke to the company's owner on the phone.  He actually came out and looked at my title survey.  And agreed that she had no right to what she had contracted for them to do.   Her reasoning was that we weren't using that part of our property and couldn't understand when we wouldn't let her widen the driveway.   Laughed at her that time too. 

These are the two latest incidents.  Good thing I find her demands amusing or I'd be on blood pressure meds.  Some people.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
Re: Next door home owner is just goofy.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 01:57:46 PM »
I think you're being very polite in calling her just goofy.  >:D

Phoebelion

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 02:04:11 PM »
It's just so much easier to laugh at her.   Of course, part the the issue with laughing at her is she gets so upset by it.  I think I'm regressing to my teen years. 

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 03:51:06 PM »
If she were smart, she'd get a dog - and you could arrange a staring contest!
Winner gets to keep the 'unused' strip of property!

What an odd woman.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 04:05:28 PM »
Umm, does she have a lot of dressers? If so, it might answer a burning question here at eHell.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »
I actually laughed out loud at the first part.  I'm still giggling intermittently.

I would be so tempted to make about twenty cardboard cutouts of various dogs staring the in direction of her house and sticking them up all over the yard, some peeking out of windows from your house.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

Moonie

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 05:51:31 PM »
I actually laughed out loud at the first part.  I'm still giggling intermittently.

I would be so tempted to make about twenty cardboard cutouts of various dogs staring the in direction of her house and sticking them up all over the yard, some peeking out of windows from your house.

I absolutely LOVE this idea!!!!!

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 06:27:15 PM »

I absolutely LOVE this idea!!!!!

Me too.  And watch out for her encroaching on your property in other ways, I've heard of serious legal issues later.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 06:33:01 PM »
Umm, does she have a lot of dressers? If so, it might answer a burning question here at eHell.

Oooh, so THAT'S where DQ went off to! :)

WithoutIssue

• Coffee & Cat Connoisseur
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 10:22:44 PM »

I was reminded of the naked cavorting snow people  ;)
A cynic is what the idealist calls a realist.

wyozozo

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 10:46:22 PM »

My cat has a nice stare......I could send you a picture of her that you could put in the window. She doesn't "do" outdoors!

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 10:57:48 PM »
While I, too, would laugh at her ridiculous requests, it is obviously not helping anything.  I really do think you should use the pre-approved phrase, "Why would I want to do that?", then go laugh where she can't hear you. 
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 04:47:25 AM »

That is too funny!

Isn't it great when we can laugh at someone who is being incredibly rude to us instead of getting angry.  She has no right to do any of the things she is trying to do.

And just thinking of cardboard cutouts of staring dogs is just too funny!

OP, does your dog look anything like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsqsMFuo6P0
 ;D

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 06:08:43 AM »
The first one was entertaining and reminded me of this:

But the second one would have really made me mad. What if you hadn't arrived home in time? You'd have to be getting authorities involved to make her dig up her new driveway addition.

EmsMommy

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 06:18:37 AM »
The first one was entertaining and reminded me of this:

But the second one would have really made me mad. What if you hadn't arrived home in time? You'd have to be getting authorities involved to make her dig up her new driveway addition.

Exactly.  Do you work until late in the day or did she plan this so that you wouldn't be there to object?