Author Topic: Next door home owner is just goofy.  (Read 37692 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Re: Next door home owner is just goofy.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 06:40:21 AM »
I actually laughed out loud at the first part.  I'm still giggling intermittently.

I would be so tempted to make about twenty cardboard cutouts of various dogs staring the in direction of her house and sticking them up all over the yard, some peeking out of windows from your house.
My cat has a nice stare......I could send you a picture of her that you could put in the window. She doesn't "do" outdoors!

our Stolichnaya is the mistress of The Evil Stare. It is disconcerting when you are trying to concentrate on anything!
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Phoebelion

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 09:03:07 AM »
Sorry - just logged back in.

That's it - cardboard cutouts.  That would be hysterical.  I think I'll do it.  I can get lots of cardboard from work.  Even get DH, DS, and DDIL involved.  They are gonna love it.

The day of the driveway I was definitely lucky.  Had left work early due to a power outage.  Or I probably would have come home to a finished job.   I can guess the mess that would have caused, what with police, attorney's and such.  But that was'nt the first time she had tried something like that.

There are 5 massive elms on the property line that have engulfed my fence.  I would love to have them cut down and have the fence replaced, but it would cost around $6000.   The trees have grown so big that they are actually half on each property.  One Saturday morning I answered the door to a tree company wanting permission to bring their equipment into my back yard to cut the trees down.  I asked who was paying for the tree removal.  I was told that the neighbor had contracted the work but we were splitting the cost.   Needless to say, the job wasn't done.  If she had talked to me and offered to split the cost, I probably would have gone for it.  Especially since I know lots of tree companies thru work, and could have gotten us a "deal". 

EmsMommy

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 09:14:39 AM »
Sorry - just logged back in.

That's it - cardboard cutouts.  That would be hysterical.  I think I'll do it.  I can get lots of cardboard from work.  Even get DH, DS, and DDIL involved.  They are gonna love it.

The day of the driveway I was definitely lucky.  Had left work early due to a power outage.  Or I probably would have come home to a finished job.   I can guess the mess that would have caused, what with police, attorney's and such.  But that was'nt the first time she had tried something like that.

There are 5 massive elms on the property line that have engulfed my fence.  I would love to have them cut down and have the fence replaced, but it would cost around $6000.   The trees have grown so big that they are actually half on each property.  One Saturday morning I answered the door to a tree company wanting permission to bring their equipment into my back yard to cut the trees down.  I asked who was paying for the tree removal.  I was told that the neighbor had contracted the work but we were splitting the cost.   Needless to say, the job wasn't done.  If she had talked to me and offered to split the cost, I probably would have gone for it.  Especially since I know lots of tree companies thru work, and could have gotten us a "deal". 

If you were the owner of any company & someone wanted a job done that had a substantial cost (let alone any cost) & they informed you that the bill would be split with another party, wouldn't you verify that with said party before making plans to do the job?  Der  ???  Good gravy she's a character.

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 10:47:32 AM »
Lemur would be happy to give her his "I am not amused" stare.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 10:50:25 AM »
Lemur would be happy to give her his "I am not amused" stare.

He's CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Phoebelion

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 11:48:39 AM »
But then she'd be complaining about beautiful Lemur. 

My company has a lawn care division, and for the last 2 years they have been suing people.  I had to train them.  The first question I asked was is this the OWNER of the property?  Got blank stares.  Most of the individuals were tenants and had moved without paying the bill/cancelling the service.  They were out a ton of money.  They now check every new customer via the internet - it's easy. 

BeagleMommy

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 10:24:52 AM »
Wow, this woman is something.  I guess I should be glad she doesn't live next to me.  The Beagle spends his days lounging in my bay window watching the neighborhood.  She'd probably file stalking charges.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 10:30:39 AM »
I think you are completely in the wrong until you show me a picture of the doggie.  ;D

And frankly, if I lived next door, I'd be sad he doesn't bay. Coonhounds have beautiful voices!  :D
The status is not quo!

kokopellimom

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 10:57:10 AM »
Astonishing. Stories like this make me SO glad both of our next-door neighbors, and the people directly behind us, are so pleasant and reasonable!

Phoebelion

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 10:56:37 AM »
Sorry - no hound pics at work.  All are on home computer.  But she's the typical bluetick.  Evento climbing trees. 

While I enjoy the "noise", most people don't.  At least not in the middle of the city.  There's a possum living uder the next door shed - I think.  For the past couple nights, she's been raising a ruckus at last call.  That just sets off the Corgi across the street.  Corgi's mom is not amused.  But she still laughs at the two of them "gossiping". 

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 01:03:32 PM »
Wow.  Better have a lawyer on call if she does things like contract to cut down trees on YOUR property!  What next -- bricking up all of your windows that overlook her yard/house, so the dog can't stare at her?

Just a thought -- what does she feel so guilty about, I wonder, if she can't stand to have another being look at her?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 03:40:57 PM »
Just a thought -- what does she feel so guilty about, I wonder, if she can't stand to have another being look at her?

"The dogs ... they stare at me ... they KNOW!"
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Daffodil

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 12:39:08 AM »
I actually laughed out loud at the first part.  I'm still giggling intermittently.

I would be so tempted to make about twenty cardboard cutouts of various dogs staring the in direction of her house and sticking them up all over the yard, some peeking out of windows from your house.

I'm here watching TV with my sis while browsing Ehell when I came across this comment. I nearly fell off the couch with laughter  :P

It's good that you can laugh at this woman. Her requests are more than a little "goofy"

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 02:13:09 PM »
Back when my old kitty Vega was still with us she'd sit by the front window of our apartment and look out.  Apparently this really bothered our upstairs neighbor's boyfriend; I happened to overhear that it really "freaked him out" that she'd just sit there and stare out the window "like she was high or something."  I did tell him that she was elderly.  Mr. Sirius pointed out that someone who has a problem with an animal staring at them is the one with the problem, not the animal. 

Blue Tick Coonhounds are cool dogs.  I used to see them at dog shows all the time. 

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 03:31:24 PM »
But then she'd be complaining about beautiful Lemur. 

Yeah, please don't set her on me.

Well done on your attitude OP, you are calmer and politer than I would be.

I think we may have a new EHell Character developing, so please keep us informed.