Author Topic: Next door home owner is just goofy.  (Read 37375 times)

Deetee

• Super Hero!
Re: Next door home owner is just goofy.
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2011, 03:54:33 PM »
So the owner is this "goofy" and she doesn't even live there. It would be pretty dreadful to live next to her full time.

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »
Back when my old kitty Vega was still with us she'd sit by the front window of our apartment and look out.  Apparently this really bothered our upstairs neighbor's boyfriend; I happened to overhear that it really "freaked him out" that she'd just sit there and stare out the window "like she was high or something."

In her younger days, on hazy nights, she and the gang would loiter out in the alleyway, smoking stolen cigarettes in the yellow glow of streetlights, sneering at the uneasy adults who hurried past them on the way to their jobs, homes, and social events. Nowadays, on those same misty nights, she lights up a joint, inhaling and exhaling slowly, then gazes out the window, remembering her past, wishing and hoping that the man upstairs would pass close enough for her to get the jump on him. She would do anything to feel that thrill again.

...Or, she's just a cat. Who stares out windows because that's what cats do.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

Phoebelion

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2011, 09:27:32 AM »
No goofy updates.  The house isn't rented yet tho. 

But how about this?  Since it hasn't been rented, she's been coming over to cut the grass.   We have to put in large brown bags for pick up.  She's been putting full bags of grass clippings IN the house.  Given the heatand the house is closed up with no AC, I can imagine the stentch.  DH is suprised the house hasn't caught fire.   

I sure wouldn't want to show that house.  Phew!!

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 09:38:04 AM »
  This sort of reminds me of a series of Emails from the now defunct site "emails from crazy people".  I will look for it , I can't remember if it was rude but the gist is a neighbor like this and a neighbor like David Thorn and towers of lawn chairs. I'm going to  look  , it might make you feel better OP , if I can find it.

mharbourgirl

• I am what I am, not what everyone wishes me to be
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 11:25:01 AM »
No goofy updates.  The house isn't rented yet tho. 

But how about this?  Since it hasn't been rented, she's been coming over to cut the grass.   We have to put in large brown bags for pick up.  She's been putting full bags of grass clippings IN the house.  Given the heatand the house is closed up with no AC, I can imagine the stentch.  DH is suprised the house hasn't caught fire.   

I sure wouldn't want to show that house.  Phew!!
  :o
Holy jumpin, I'm surprised too.  Ever stick your hand in an old pile of lawn clippings? It'll be warm as toast, and that's a pile that's laying outdoors.  Put it in a heated environment and you quickly create combustible compost. 

Lady better be smart about it, or she isn't going to have a house to rent period, just a steaming hole in the ground.

Phoebelion

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 09:36:39 AM »
Thank you Merry Miss Martin.  I don't feel bad about the whole situation, and I'm sure the site is a hoot.  She cracks me up because I can't believe some of the stuff she comes up with.  But I do keep an eagle eye on what's going on at the house.

She's comic releif after dealing with really crabby people all day. 

Lynda_34

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2011, 10:11:56 AM »
Spontaneous combustion from grass clippings is not that far fetched, talk to any farmer during haying season.  You may be able to buy a nice building lot for cheap after it is cleared of the rubble from the fire.  :D

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2011, 11:07:44 AM »
Please keep us posted!

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »
Spontaneous combustion from grass clippings is not that far fetched, talk to any farmer during haying season.  You may be able to buy a nice building lot for cheap after it is cleared of the rubble from the fire.  :D

OT a little, but I'm saying this for safety purposes.  Charcoal can combust if it gets wet.  Keep it dry!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 01:14:07 PM »
Back when my old kitty Vega was still with us she'd sit by the front window of our apartment and look out.  Apparently this really bothered our upstairs neighbor's boyfriend; I happened to overhear that it really "freaked him out" that she'd just sit there and stare out the window "like she was high or something."

In her younger days, on hazy nights, she and the gang would loiter out in the alleyway, smoking stolen cigarettes in the yellow glow of streetlights, sneering at the uneasy adults who hurried past them on the way to their jobs, homes, and social events. Nowadays, on those same misty nights, she lights up a joint, inhaling and exhaling slowly, then gazes out the window, remembering her past, wishing and hoping that the man upstairs would pass close enough for her to get the jump on him. She would do anything to feel that thrill again.

...Or, she's just a cat. Who stares out windows because that's what cats do.

Brilliant writing!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

virgo

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 05:58:56 PM »
Lemur would be happy to give her his "I am not amused" stare.

LOOOOVE Lemur. ;)

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 06:04:15 PM »
I admit to being pretty partial to him myself. :)

miss scarlet

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2011, 12:16:48 AM »
I would be so tempted to make about twenty cardboard cutouts of various dogs staring the in direction of her house and sticking them up all over the yard, some peeking out of windows from your house.

I die.  :D

Ducky

• Yep Yep Yep
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »

OT a little, but I'm saying this for safety purposes.  Charcoal can combust if it gets wet.  Keep it dry!
  I'm late to this thread, but this is actually a myth
http://www.nakedwhiz.com/wetcharcoal.htm

The amount of charcoal you would need to have on hand to worry about spontaneous combustion is far beyond the amount any normal household would have.  On the other hand, this lady keeps grass clippings in the house /facepalm...

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2011, 01:28:52 PM »

I'm late to this thread, but this is actually a myth
http://www.nakedwhiz.com/wetcharcoal.htm

The amount of charcoal you would need to have on hand to worry about spontaneous combustion is far beyond the amount any normal household would have.  On the other hand, this lady keeps grass clippings in the house /facepalm...

I was going to say, "I stand corrected."  However, I was not corrected by you, so to speak.  Yes, charcoal CAN combust if it gets wet...it would just take a lot of it to do so.  I am corrected in that I was implying that household quantities could do it, and that seems to not be the case.  However, saying that charcoal can combust when wet is a myth is incorrect.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2169/will-charcoal-self-ignite-if-wet
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.