Author Topic: Why is this YOUR problem?  (Read 15207 times)

Fluffy Cat

• Formerly MoretaTorene
Re: Why is this YOUR problem?
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 05:59:56 PM »
Way to ruin the debate by quoting forum rules, squeakers! (I kid.) :D

I think the key point is "try to resolve." Sending someone a nasty or argumentative PM is not indicative of someone trying to resolve the situation. Sending someone a PM that says, "Look, it seems like we get on each other's nerves a lot. Is there something we can do to make the forum more pleasant for each other?" could be construed as an adult way to handle a disagreement, which should be done via PM and not on the thread itself. In my interpretation, of course.

This
"Its so fluffy I could DIE"

Mikayla

Re: Why is this YOUR problem?
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2011, 08:51:34 PM »
Way to ruin the debate by quoting forum rules, squeakers! (I kid.) :D

I think the key point is "try to resolve." Sending someone a nasty or argumentative PM is not indicative of someone trying to resolve the situation. Sending someone a PM that says, "Look, it seems like we get on each other's nerves a lot. Is there something we can do to make the forum more pleasant for each other?" could be construed as an adult way to handle a disagreement, which should be done via PM and not on the thread itself. In my interpretation, of course.

This

More this.

I'm naive, I guess.  My PMs have all been friendly exchanges.  I'd respect someone trying to resolve a difference, or further explain what they were saying, but I'm a little surprised that people send nasty stuff via PM.