Author Topic: s/o boots - What Can You and Have You "Cheaped Out" On?  (Read 2425 times)

daen

Re: s/o boots - What Can You and Have You "Cheaped Out" On?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 09:50:44 PM »
Sports socks. I'm going to buy the bag of Hanes or whatever where I get six pairs for $5. I am not buying individual pairs at $8 each.

I'm with you on that. And because it's nearly impossible for me to find black women's socks in multipacks, I now buy from the men's section. The ones I like are less expensive than a similar package of women's.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 10:54:29 PM »
Sports socks. I'm going to buy the bag of Hanes or whatever where I get six pairs for $5. I am not buying individual pairs at $8 each.

I'm with you on that. And because it's nearly impossible for me to find black women's socks in multipacks, I now buy from the men's section. The ones I like are less expensive than a similar package of women's.

Same here.  I got a  pack of socks at Target for like $6.  Just plain white socks.  I like silly socks and I collect them when I find good ones, but for everyday wear at work and stuff, just plain white socks for me and I won't spend $8 a pair for them, either.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2014, 07:43:25 AM »
I cheap out on sunglasses. I only wear them if the sun is super bad for driving. I will invariably lose or break them within a few months. I once got a cool pair of Jackie O style sunglasses that were pricey (for me), and yep, no matter how careful I was, I still managed to lose them. I finally just stopped fighting the losing battle.
On Sunglasses, they can be inexpensive as long as they give the UVA/UVB  protection for my eyes.  I see people buying cute sunglasses for their kids and hope that those mini fashion accessories have the proper protection for those little eyes.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2014, 09:37:58 PM »
I have very dry skin and go through a ton of hand and body cream in the winter.  I've found little difference between a tube from the Dollar Store and the $8-10 name brands. 
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

Peppergirl

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2014, 11:42:20 PM »
T-shirts.  I wear oversized ones as nightgowns and to work around the house and in the yard during the summer.  Old Navy's $5 flag t-shirts are getting a little flimsy these days,

I'm glad someone else noticed this!  When I first bought them years ago  (until recently the 2002 and 2003 year ones held up) they held up for years.  Recent years, not so much. :(  Sure, they are still only $5, but it's sad and disappointing to see the quality change so drastically.

Sahaira

• Angry Citizen
  • Keep On Rollin'
    • Sahaira's Myspace
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »
I pretty much need to cheap out on everything. I'm unemployed and broke. Thriftstore 50% off sales are my friend. If I can't get it for cheap I usually go without. I don't have a lot of quality things in my life, and the new quality items I do have, my mom bought for me.
Don't fear god;
Don't worry about death;
What is good is easy to get;
What is difficult is easy to endure.