Author Topic: Worst Date Ever.....  (Read 86288 times)

Iris

Re: Worst Date Ever.....
« Reply #525 on: January 28, 2014, 02:39:05 PM »
^^ Siamesecat my take home lesson from your prom is that your neighbor-home-from-college was a quality young man.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #526 on: January 28, 2014, 02:51:16 PM »
^^ Siamesecat my take home lesson from your prom is that your neighbor-home-from-college was a quality young man.

Absolutely!  He was/is quite charasmatic, and generally a nice guy. Always willing to lend a hand, and also the life of the party (in a good way). I had known him from age 9 or so when his sister and I were friends and I spent a lot of time at their house. He's married now, to a classmate of his sister, and I hear about him every now and then, as his mom and mine still keep in touch.

Coralreef

« Reply #527 on: January 28, 2014, 04:24:12 PM »
Not me but a friend...

She met someone on a dating site.  They emailed, then phoned and a date was set up at a cafe.  After spending about half an hour with him and having a hard time with the discussion, he finally said to her, and I quote : "I just wanted to meet you to tell you that I think you're fat."

:o :o :o :o :o >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

[/right

heartmug

« Reply #528 on: January 28, 2014, 04:35:22 PM »
Not me but a friend...

She met someone on a dating site.  They emailed, then phoned and a date was set up at a cafe.  After spending about half an hour with him and having a hard time with the discussion, he finally said to her, and I quote : "I just wanted to meet you to tell you that I think you're fat."

:o
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

melicious

« Reply #529 on: January 28, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »
Not me but a friend...

As aggravating as that is, this man obviously has such low self-esteem that he is making an elaborate effort to project his insecurities on others.

That being said - I'm afraid the evening would find me in jail after that statement. How did your friend respond? I'm super incensed on her behalf.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #530 on: January 28, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »
Not me but a friend...

Could he not figure out how to do that via email? Or did he feel shaming her in public would just make his jerk level sore?

I was on a dating site why back when and I had a guy message me (yeah, it said gay and woman seeking woman, I'd still get tons of messages from guys because...reasons I guess) to let me know I was too tall and kind of fat, otherwise he'd be "down for a good time". Sweet! If I can get short and loose 20 pounds some guy will be willing to play scrabble with me! Oh wait...I'm gay, can't change my height, like my body and have self-respect so...no.

Coralreef

« Reply #531 on: January 28, 2014, 04:46:23 PM »
I think she said a few (or a lot) of non eHell approved things to him.  I was amazed she let him live.  We both decided that we're better off alone, sorting through jerkdom to find that elusive diamond takes way too much energy.

[/right

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #532 on: January 29, 2014, 06:33:45 AM »
<snip>
" It did have a happy ending as he jumped in the shower, threw his dad's tux on, came and took me to the prom.  He was tall, dark and handsome, and such a gentleman. And we not only had a blast, but I raised a lot of eyebrows on the following Monday, as everyone wanted to know just WHO my date was...I think they thought a "loser" like me couldn't possibly find someonte that good lookint to be my date!

awww i think i'm in love with your neighbor!

Next one:
<snip>

Awkward doens't even begin to cover it. I stink at small talk, and she basically dragged me over to him (he knew she had someone she wanted him to *meet*" and then left us. I felt like a deer in headlights, tried as best I could to make chit chat, failing miserably, and the final blow was when I asked him "so what do you do?"

Well, you would have thought I asked him about his s*xual orientation or scrabble preferences. He looked at me, and then said back to me, in this incredulous tone of voice "What do I DO???" Not long after that I made an excuse, said goodbye to mom #2 and left. I had literaly run out of things to talk about such as weather, sports, etc. As I said, I was not a follower of this group, so I wasn't going there.

did you ever find out what he does?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #533 on: January 29, 2014, 07:01:50 AM »
I think I forgot to post about this...

I had a super creepy dates once when I was maybe 18 or 19.  The one who kept touching me in little ways (brushing my arm, leg bumping...the kind you are not quite sure if it's intentional or not at first). The one who announced that I would be the mother of his unborn children.   The one who professed his undying love for me on the first date.   ???

Yeah, I ran for the hills and never looked back.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #534 on: January 29, 2014, 09:36:28 AM »
I had a date with a guy I met at a bar the previous weekend.  He seemed on the up and up, although a little money focused.  For example, he emphasized that he was a doctor with a boat and a lake home and motorcycle, and he clearly dressed well and drove a nice car.  He picked me up and we went to a nice restaurant and that's where the problems started.  He didn't want to pay for valet, or for parking at all, which meant we drove around for a long time until I finally insisted on paying the valet.  This cheapness from the guy with the boat and the vacation home.  It was a white tabecloth italian restaurant and he was quite rude to our waiter, at one point asking sarcastically, "All this fancy noodles and crap - no.  I just want long noodles and red sauce.  Can you DO that? And parmesan in the shaker, not this shaved crap."  MORTIFYING.  He also spoke 93% of the time, and 92% of what he said was describing his love for Slash and following Velvet Revolver around on tour.  When he took me home he was shocked I didn't invite him in, but rebounded quickly by suggesting we make out in his car. 

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #535 on: January 29, 2014, 12:15:48 PM »
<snip>
" It did have a happy ending as he jumped in the shower, threw his dad's tux on, came and took me to the prom.  He was tall, dark and handsome, and such a gentleman. And we not only had a blast, but I raised a lot of eyebrows on the following Monday, as everyone wanted to know just WHO my date was...I think they thought a "loser" like me couldn't possibly find someonte that good lookint to be my date!

awww i think i'm in love with your neighbor!

Next one:
<snip>

did you ever find out what he does?

I think I did, or had known, since my second "mom" had clued me in. But not specifics, and I was honestly fishing for something to converse about, had exhausted every subject I could, and that was all I came up with.  But it was so long ago, I can't even remember anything about him!

gingerzing

« Reply #536 on: February 11, 2014, 12:16:15 PM »
I had a date with a guy I met at a bar the previous weekend.  He seemed on the up and up, although a little money focused.  For example, he emphasized that he was a doctor with a boat and a lake home and motorcycle, and he clearly dressed well and drove a nice car.  He picked me up and we went to a nice restaurant and that's where the problems started.  He didn't want to pay for valet, or for parking at all, which meant we drove around for a long time until I finally insisted on paying the valet.  This cheapness from the guy with the boat and the vacation home.  It was a white tabecloth italian restaurant and he was quite rude to our waiter, at one point asking sarcastically, "All this fancy noodles and crap - no.  I just want long noodles and red sauce.  Can you DO that? And parmesan in the shaker, not this shaved crap."  MORTIFYING.  He also spoke 93% of the time, and 92% of what he said was describing his love for Slash and following Velvet Revolver around on tour.  When he took me home he was shocked I didn't invite him in, but rebounded quickly by suggesting we make out in his car.
When they tell you how cool their car is or that they have a boat or that they are a "DOCTOR tm " I generally think that they are trying too hard.
Never mind the too cheap for a valet or to find a place to park.  (I kind of get it)  But RUDE to waitstaff will get you a very cold shoulder.  And if you are so money obessesed then you ought to know quality food (Green Can shaker isn't it). 
Yeah, I can see how he would be shocked you weren't impressed with him.  Or rather that he had made an impression  ... bad one but still.

Syfygeek

« Reply #537 on: February 11, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »
2000-I met a guy through a chat group, or something, we talked over the phone, agreed to meet. Wanted to go eat, then a movie. We met at a shopping center, then got in his car for dinner and a movie.

Dinner was Wendy's drive through, and included the phrase "oh, did you want something?"

I picked the movie- Pitch Black, horror/sci fi and Vin Diesel- what could go wrong? My date turned into an octopus! Skipped the hand holding, the cuddling, and was trying for 2nd base before the first person was eaten! He was also 6'8" and so had the arms that seemed 4 feet long. The date ended before the movie, he took me back to my car and called me a prude for not putting out. Yep, he actually expected to score in the movie theater.
That's my purse! I don't know you!

StuffedGrapeLeaves

« Reply #538 on: February 11, 2014, 03:08:58 PM »
This is not my story, but my friend's story.  She went on a date with this guy, but the whole time he just talked about another friend of hers, how beautiful she is, yadda yadda yadda.  And at the end he asked my friend if she would be willing to put in a good word for him to her friend. 

Yeah, no. 

perpetua

« Reply #539 on: July 12, 2014, 08:34:19 AM »
Finally, after years in the wilderness, I have a contribution for this thread.

Fellas, a tip: If you don't want your potential new date to hang up on you and immediately sever all ties, it's probably best *not* to use the phrase 'p***k-tease' to refer to her during a phone call, even if it *is* as a metaphor for something else.

Sigh. It'd been going *so* well up until then. I think I'll stay in the wilderness - it's far easier.