Author Topic: Worst Date Ever.....  (Read 85927 times)

SoCalVal

Re: Worst Date Ever.....
« Reply #615 on: August 14, 2014, 12:38:09 PM »
Jezebel has a weekly competition for readers to submit their worst story along a particular theme (worst encounter with a wild animal, worst roommate) and this was the one for worst online dating story:

http://jezebel.com/your-online-d@ting-horror-stories-1597154142  <-- copy and paste the address and replace the "@" with an "a" to get a functional link.

Scroll down to the bottom of the comments and make sure to click "View all Replies" then go back up to the start of the comments and begin reading from there, because there are some doozies hidden deeper in the comments section that don't show up on first load.

How have I been interneting since back when everything was just words on a black screen, yet I never knew this existed?! Thanks to archives, I'll never be bored again!  ;D

This is how I found Etiquette Hell -- I was searching for "dates from hell" stories.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #616 on: August 14, 2014, 04:58:54 PM »
High school was one of the worst periods of my life. I wouldn't go back for millions of dollars.

POD!  I got a good education, and that's in spite of the bullying and other horrors of high school.  I want nothing to do with those people.

Make that trillions and I still wouldn't go back.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Cali.in.UK

« Reply #617 on: October 06, 2014, 06:30:08 AM »
I love this thread! So many cringe-worthy stories.
In high school my two closest friends were prettiest/most sought-after girls in school and I always felt like their big lumbering friend. Both of them were about 5'2-5'3 and very slender/petite while I was 5'10 (which I'm happy with now but in high school I always felt like I was taller than 80% of the guys in school). I was pretty used to being ignored by guys in high school when my friends were around but a time or two it was particularly awkward and upsetting.
I transferred schools and I was asked out on a date by a guy from one of my classes. I really didn't know anyone and I think it was a bit of a relief to be asked out because I thought the guy was nice and it seemed like a good opportunity to meet people. I had a bit of a crush on him in class and I was flattered he asked me out. He suggested doing a double-date, which was fine so I invited my friend from my previous high school.
When the guys came to pick us up, my date took one look at my friend and for the rest of the "date" he and his friend (who was my friend's date) sort of competed for her attention, asking her questions, telling jokes and just sort of ignoring me. And then when we got to the place for our date... my date paid for her and not me. It was pretty humiliating. Then some other random guys came up and started talking to my friend and the two guys got mad. I felt like I was awkwardly trailing after some weird high school version of the bachelorette.
My dating life improved after high school.

squashedfrog

« Reply #618 on: October 06, 2014, 07:14:56 AM »
Ouch Cali in uk!  That's harsh!  What did your friend do?

Cali.in.UK

« Reply #619 on: October 06, 2014, 10:31:25 AM »
Ouch Cali in uk!  That's harsh!  What did your friend do?

She wasn't exactly flirting back but not really deterring the attention either. I think in hs most people are not at their best so even though I wasn't exactly thrilled with any of them (her included) at the time I did eventually get over it. She also changed for the better in college.

rosegirl

« Reply #620 on: October 11, 2014, 02:06:26 PM »
A guy once told my BFF, "I'd go out with you if you lost 20 pounds".

Her response was, "I don't want to go out with you now.  Why would I go out with you if I lost 20 pounds?"

I think my reply would have been, "I'd go out with you if you grew a brain"!