Author Topic: Worst Date Ever.....  (Read 86198 times)

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
Worst Date Ever.....
« on: June 12, 2011, 08:22:17 PM »
I am a huge fan of funny date disasters....when I lived in a dorm those of us who were stuck dateless on weekend nights would sit in the hallway to hold "The Walk Of Shame" and get the funny date stories as the other girls filtered in. It was wonderful fun.

So let's swap "date from hell" stories.....funny disasters though, not stuff that you call the cops/therapists over.

Mine? Why sure.....

I've been very lucky not to have had many true helldates, most of my fellas have been great and I love them all for it. BUT....(there's always a "but", isn't there?)

My friend Jake asked me out "just as friends". He wouldn't tell me where we were going (it was a "surprise") but he verified that I was a history major (this was when I was 19, before I left college...nursing came later). He told me to wear something comfortable, but presentable. So he came to get me and as we were leaving the dorm parking lot he said "Oh man, I forgot my wallet. We're running early for the date anyway, can we run by my place and get it?" I thought that sounded a little weird, but maybe he wanted to hang out and talk first, so fine. We went to his place. I was going to wait in the car since he just had to run in for his wallet but he insisted I come in. When I walked in I noticed him roommates were out. He led me to his bedroom where there are candles lit and music playing. I balked at the door, made some lame excuse about needing to borrow the bathroom and wondered why college apartments never have bathroom windows a healthy sized girl can climb out of. When I came out he got the point and we left.

We arrived on campus where I made the happy discovery that Stephen Ambrose was on campus for a one night only free lecture about Sherman's March to the Sea. I was thrilled beyond words. We had a great time, I got to meet Ambrose after...it was great. I raved to Jake about how much fun I  had had, thanked him profusely and decided that the candle deal in the beginning wasn't a big deal. I can't fault the guy for trying to hook up, I thought. He did, after all, get the hint when I beandipped, so all's well. Right? Riiiiiiight.

So he asked if I wanted to go for pizza and I said sure. He insisted that it was on him. We sat down, I let him order (he's buying, he picks the toppings...standard starving college student etiquette). We talked about the lecture, gossip, etc. Then, Jake goes in for the kill.

"I've always liked big girls."

:o

Okay, I was no waif, but who wants THAT pointed out? I sputtered something about "I thought that we agreed this was just friends, I like you okay but I'm not thinking attraction..." blah, blah. Another hasty retreat to another bathroom with another tiny window where I learned the true nature of the suffering of Tantalus...so close, yet so far away.

When I got back to the table, Jake ups the ante and goes on and on about curves, how fat women were prized during the Renassaince, skinny girls weren't "soft" enough, etc. I started feeling like some fat love goddess and didn't like it worth a darn. I finally said "Jake, drop it. You're creeping me out." He was embarrassed and admitted that he did have a "thing" for me but didn't know how to tell me. I told him I was sorry I didn't feel the same and left off telling him that rhapsodizing about my fatness hadn't helped. He took me home and (mercifully) didn't try to kiss me. I told him I had had fun at the lecture and that I'd see him around. It was weeks before I could look at him straight again.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:24:49 PM by Auntie Venom »
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

MasterofSquirrels

• hi.
Re: Worst Date Ever.....
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:12:42 PM »
i haven't had a bad therapy worthy date.. but... i did date a wierdo...

he was short which i could have lived with... he was kind of attractive, but not the gorgeous brad pitt/george clooney clone he felt himself to be... but he went on and on and on about how good looking he is.. and how he can't help that people just find him sooo attractive and how lucky i am that he chose me to date.  ::)

he then told me he was bise*ual... which, i wasn't sure about... i was honest about my feelings, and that though i didn't have an issue with his choice of partners, i was insecure about his attraction to both men and women... he said he understood, and then went on to tell me how being a model was just hard work, and he someone as beautiful as him just can't let only women or men have the chance to be with him...

i didn't go out with him again... i don't care what his orientation is.. but self-absorbed is a deal breaker.  ;D

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 09:24:10 PM »
WOW. I'm afraid I would have laughed my head off when he said I was lucky to be on a date with someone as good looking as him.

Lovemykids

• Formerly known as Lovemygirls
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 09:28:23 PM »
In college I went on a single date with a guy who later became known as "The Stalker" to me and my friends.  He and I shared a theology class, and after class one day he asked me out.  I didn't know anything about him other than his name, so I agreed, and the night we went out I let my roommate know where we were going for dinner and such (in the days before cell phones).  We went to a Chinese restaurant I had been wanting to try, so that was great, but then he proceeded to overshare BIG TIME, especially for a first date.  I found out where he and his sisters were conceived and why she was given the name she was given, that she was beautiful and his friends called her "McBabe," all sorts of inappropriate info for a first date.  But we did have a few things in common and so when dinner was over he suggested going to a Star Trek movie that was playing in the suburbs, and since it was fairly early, I accepted (but had no way to let my roommate know I was staying out later).  On the way to the movie the oversharing continued, and I began to feel uncomfortable.  After the movie he drove me back to my dorm, and asked to kiss me.  I thought to myself, "Well, maybe he's a good kisser, and he'll redeem himself a bit," but, no, it was like kissing a parrot -- hard, pointed beak lips.  Just a horrible date all around, but I politely thanked him for the date and went up to my room where my roommate and a couple of friends rightly chastised me for not letting them know I was staying out later and worrying them!

After our next class he asked me out again, but not wanted to lead him on any further, I stated politely but firmly that I just didn't think we had enough in common and that I didn't feel comfortable going on another date.  He then showed up at my dorm room with a rose (thank goodness a friend saw him walking to the dorm and ran to my room to warn me -- roomie and I shut and locked the door and were silent inside, pretending not to be home).  He called me multiple times over the next couple of days (I didn't take the calls) until I actually had to enlist the help of a male friend who took one of the calls and said, "Dude, she's not interested -- leave her alone!"

The kicker?  At our five year college reunion I was at a large table of friends at a local diner catching up, and noticed him in a booth across the diner.  He was giving me the evil eye.  Seriously?  Years later?

bluedahlia

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 09:37:05 PM »
First date, first real boyfriend.  He and I went out for a drink after work and his most recent ex-girlfriend was waiting for him in the parking lot.  This should have been a clue for me, but again, he was my first real boyfriend so I didn't see it.

Several years later I spent a snowbound evening with a really good friend of mine and the guy I had been crushing on for months.  As the evening wore on it became clear to me that this was a first date...for them. 

sadiemae

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 09:45:44 PM »
Well, with this story ehell gets another peak at My Crazy...

So my mom's parents were very controlling, and she followed suit. I was the first born grandchild and a girl, so there was nothing I did that wasn't monitored. Really- if I was invited to another students birthday party, my mom went too. She also worked as support staff in my school district and always chose assignments in the school I was in.

Finally, I get asked out on a date in my junior year of high school. My first date. He is a friend of my closest friend (whose parents were as hands off as mine were hands on) and he had graduated from the high school the year before. Of course, I told my mother about this and at first she refused to let me go. I begged and pleaded and stomped my foot a few times. She responded that she wanted to go over to his parents home and meet them and check out where he lived. I was not having that, so I told her I would just cancel.

A few days later she suggested he come in to meet her when he picks me up. That, I was willing to do. So I'm all excited, getting ready for my date. Date drives up and knocks on the door. I come out of my room to see him sitting nervously on a chair as my mother pulls an 8x10 copy of his high school year book picture out of her purse, places it on the table and says "I have done a lot of research on you. I spoke to your former teachers and your guidance counselors. I know what your grades were. I know your address and I know your parent's names and where they work. Keep that in mind when you are out with my daughter."

Date assures her that we will be fine. I was, of course, livid. Its one thing to be overprotective. It was crossing the line into using her position at the school to make such a show. That made me feel completely violated.

When we get in the car, Date says how weird it is that she did that. I agree. She asks if she was always like that. I confirmed. He took me to dinner but cancelled on the movie and meeting friends part and dropped me off very quickly. The story spread like wildfire and I didn't go on another date until I moved out of my parent's house.

drzim

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 10:12:05 PM »
I met up with an old high school acquaintance at a party with mutual friends.  I was attending a local university at the time; he was working but still living at home.  His parents were very rich, they lived in a 6000 sq ft house, and most likely got him his job at a brokerage firm.  Now, this guy was the type who had never given me a second look in high school, but I had "blossomed" so to speak in college and he was very persistent on getting me to go out with him.

He would drive up in his swanky BMW, pick me up at my modest apartment, and take me out to nice restaurants.  You can see how this was tempting to a poor student whose normal main meal was ramen or pizza.  He was a nice guy, so I didn't mind the company, but we didn't have much in common; I was a molecular biology major and he was not the intellectual type.  But we went on several dates.

This was about the time that credit card companies started sending out tons of notices in the mail trying to get you to sign up for their card.  It was really easy to get a credit card, even with little or no income.  This guy liked to dazzle me with his array of credit cards with which he would pay for the meal.  On what was to be our last date, he decided to use the card with his name as "Dr. David Carter" when his real name was David Carter.  When he signed up for the card, he just listed himself as "Dr." thinking it was a clever gag.

Well, the restaurant owner/manager and the police didn't think it was too funny.  Nothing as fun as winding down with a cup of coffee after a meal in a fancy restaurant when your table is stormed by police officers.  Apparently, the waiter thought he looked too young to be a Dr. and unfortunately for him, there actually was a real Dr. David Carter who frequented that restaurant and they thought the card was stolen.

magician5

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 10:15:39 PM »
Oh! The stories I could tell! I have been on SO MANY dates that would send an ordinary person running away as fast as they can go!

Wait a minute ... wait ... oh.

Seems every such date I can think of was my fault.

[Emily Litella voice:] "Never mind."
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 10:21:16 PM »
Nothing as fun as winding down with a cup of coffee after a meal in a fancy restaurant when your table is stormed by police officers.  Apparently, the waiter thought he looked too young to be a Dr. and unfortunately for him, there actually was a real Dr. David Carter who frequented that restaurant and they thought the card was stolen.

David Carter -- 0
Karma -- 1

I cracked up at the ending to this story!  Well told!

Asharah

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 10:24:08 PM »
The story spread like wildfire and I didn't go on another date until I moved out of my parent's house.
Which I assume you did soon after turning 18. GOD ALMIGHTY! What a control freak!  :o
On what was to be our last date, he decided to use the card with his name as "Dr. David Carter" when his real name was David Carter.  When he signed up for the card, he just listed himself as "Dr." thinking it was a clever gag.

Well, the restaurant owner/manager and the police didn't think it was too funny.  Nothing as fun as winding down with a cup of coffee after a meal in a fancy restaurant when your table is stormed by police officers.  Apparently, the waiter thought he looked too young to be a Dr. and unfortunately for him, there actually was a real Dr. David Carter who frequented that restaurant and they thought the card was stolen.
Did they actually arrest him?
Asharah

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 10:24:44 PM »
Oh! The stories I could tell! I have been on SO MANY dates that would send an ordinary person running away as fast as they can go!

Wait a minute ... wait ... oh.

Seems every such date I can think of was my fault.

[Emily Litella voice:] "Never mind."

Tell on yourself, girlfriend...we're all buddies here!

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 10:55:47 PM »
When I was in college the first time around, I joined a sorority.  Naturally, we had a lot of functions parties with fraternities, and that's where I met this guy who was a Vice President or some other officer in his frat-Sigma Alpha Epsilon, if I remember.  He asked me to dinner, and our first date was great-a kitschy little Italian place with the vase candles with wax all over, the red checked tableclothes, etc.  After that, he took me to a spelunking club meeting (caving).  I thought he was cute and sweet, and so when he asked me out to some swanky dinner/dance for his fraternity, I was thrilled!  It was called the White Rose Dinner, I think, and would  be held at a mansion just outside of the city.

I'd barely been on a date, let alone to something that fancy.  I never went to prom, so I had no idea what to wear or what to do (no Ehell way back then ;)).  So, I went out and bought a knee-high yellow dress with ruffles on the skirt.  I loved that dress.  My dormmates fixed my hair and makeup, and here comes my date-in full National Guard uniform  ::).  He looked at me with a look that said, "What kind of woman doesn't know how to dress for this?"  This was in Ohio in February, so when we finally arrived at the mansion, I had to teter up a driveway in heels. 

I've never felt so embarrassed in my life.  All the other women were dressed in ballgowns and fancy jewelry.  I was in that beloved dress with my yellow sunflower earrings  ::).  Now I know I would have been perfect for a casual summer or spring wedding.  Speaking of weddings, dinner was the kind of tasteless chicken often found at large splashes.  I thought I did pretty well in salvaging the evening, but my date looked like he wanted to fall into the floor. 

Then came the dancing, which would have been fine had my date not been 6'2 and I topped out at 5'0.  He was being such an arrogant patoot that I don't remember much of him, but those fancy dressed women and I actually hit it off, and ended up doing a giant Electric Slide in the middle of the floor.  My date tried to get something out of the evening, and attempted to make out with me next to a fireplace.  When I said no, that was the last straw, and Mr. Guard took me home-and that was it.

True, today I would check out the dress code more closely, but that was such an awful night (except for the electric slide  :D), that I didn't date at all for a long time.

HappilyInsane

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 11:08:26 PM »
http://myveryworstdate.com/

Some really strange people in this world.

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 11:15:34 PM »
You totally spotted my inspiration....I love this site.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 11:48:57 PM »
Well this is really about someone else's date from hell.

In HS my friend Mo and I both had a crush on Tony the football hero.  He was conceited and arrogant and along with all the girls, in love with himself.
Mo asked him to the girl date boy dance and he accepted.  Since we always, behind his back, compared notes about him, she told me this about their date.  I didn't care because I was losing interest in him.
However, he stopped me in the hall one day and lamented that no one had invited him to the dance.  I knew Mo had, of course, but, (Ehell, here I come) I asked him if he wanted to go with me.  He was so happy and said yes.  We arranged for the time he would pick me up and it was all set.  Then I ran and found Mo and told her what happened.  We decided to just let things go and see how he got out of having made 2 dates for the same dance.
He never did show up to pick up either one of us, and we just went onto the dance (as we had planned) with friends.  He came to the dance alone. I figure that was a kind of stressful evening for him, but we enjoyed it. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.