Author Topic: Worst Date Ever.....  (Read 74413 times)

weeblewobble

Re: Worst Date Ever.....
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2011, 09:14:21 PM »
WARNING: Attempted, but Ultimately Foiled, Pre-marital Scrabble

This was my DH and it wasn't his fault it was awful.  We went to a really nice restaurant to celebrate our fifth anniversary (dating) and he indulged in some seafood. We were attending colleges 200 miles apart, had roommates, and no privacy.  He was visiting (also a rare treat) so we booked a hotel room near my campus.  The minute the hotel room door was closed, DH turned green, clapped his hand over his mouth and barely made it to the bathroom, where he sang hymns to the great porcelain goddess. Our rare opportunity to spend the night alone was spent with him sick as a dog and me taking care of him.

He said he learned two important lessons. 1) Never eat crab. Ever.  

And 2) Any girl who is willing to take care of when you have food poisoning is a keeper.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 09:18:27 PM by weeblewobble »

Aggiesque

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2011, 09:19:05 PM »
wow! I'm feeling very blessed the only guy I dated is now my DH. lol!
Aggie

My favorite blog, which discusses personal finance: http://www.opinmoney.blogspot.com/

Zen

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2011, 09:38:22 PM »
When I was in high school, I was friendly with a bunch of the drama/electronic magic people. One of the guys asks me on a date. We were nearly at summer break at that point, so we made arrangements for him to come and pick me up at my house on a date that was about three weeks after the end of school. And the day comes, and goes, and he does not appear. I was annoyed, but not entirely surprised, as this guy had been a little flaky about showing up on time before this. So, two months pass, and summer break is coming to an end, and I am surprised one Sunday morning with a knock on the door. It's the guy, ready for our date. He claims he forgot my address, and my last name, and what day he was supposed to pick me up.  But being young, and not having much else to do, I get ready to leave and go with him.
A very long story short, I get food poisoning from the pizza we ate (the pizza place we went to closed about a month after causing me to swear off pesto for the rest of my life), and we both hate the movie we ended up watching. He drops me off at home early, and I figure that is probably that.
The kicker? Our 5th wedding anniversary is in about a month, and it's also the 10th anniversary of the day he randomly showed up at my door after standing me up. :)

EveLGenius

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2011, 10:45:32 PM »
Growing up, I was a very naive person.  Oh yeah, and a nerd.

My freshman year in college, there was a cute guy named Steve in my dorm.  Really nice guy, fun to talk to.  One night, he asked if I'd like to go out and look at the stars.  He brought a fluffy blanket.  I brought... my star charts and a red flashlight.

I later commented to my roommate that it was very odd- he couldn't even find the major constellations.  I strongly suspect that Steve and I were both equally disappointed in the evening, but in different ways.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2011, 10:50:10 PM »
Growing up, I was a very naive person.  Oh yeah, and a nerd.

My freshman year in college, there was a cute guy named Steve in my dorm.  Really nice guy, fun to talk to.  One night, he asked if I'd like to go out and look at the stars.  He brought a fluffy blanket.  I brought... my star charts and a red flashlight.

I later commented to my roommate that it was very odd- he couldn't even find the major constellations.  I strongly suspect that Steve and I were both equally disappointed in the evening, but in different ways.

LOL!  That's one of the cutest stories about college dating that I've ever heard!!   ;D

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2011, 11:32:08 PM »
When I was in high school, I was friendly with a bunch of the drama/electronic magic people. One of the guys asks me on a date. We were nearly at summer break at that point, so we made arrangements for him to come and pick me up at my house on a date that was about three weeks after the end of school. And the day comes, and goes, and he does not appear. I was annoyed, but not entirely surprised, as this guy had been a little flaky about showing up on time before this. So, two months pass, and summer break is coming to an end, and I am surprised one Sunday morning with a knock on the door. It's the guy, ready for our date. He claims he forgot my address, and my last name, and what day he was supposed to pick me up.  But being young, and not having much else to do, I get ready to leave and go with him.
A very long story short, I get food poisoning from the pizza we ate (the pizza place we went to closed about a month after causing me to swear off pesto for the rest of my life), and we both hate the movie we ended up watching. He drops me off at home early, and I figure that is probably that.
The kicker? Our 5th wedding anniversary is in about a month, and it's also the 10th anniversary of the day he randomly showed up at my door after standing me up. :)
I love this story!  Are you Meg Ryan and is he Tom Hanks?
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2011, 11:47:39 PM »
Okay I didn't date a lot before getting together with DH so I don't have a lot of bad date stories, most of them were just cases of awkwardness on my side cause I was just kind of awkward with boys till I got to college...and even then, too.

But the date that sticks out most in my mind was one I went on in during my freshman year of college.  The guy was part of a large group of acquaintances, and nice guy that started to hang around with my group of friends more often, and a friend who knew both of us said "Oh so and so says he likes you, which by the way, means he wants to date you."  (This sounds like it might have been condescending but I was really kind of clueless in the ways of 20some year old males)  I thought he was cute in looks and personality so I said okay, let him know I'm interested.

So he asks me out on a date, and since our mutual friend, L, told  him I'm quite the romantic and that I loved Titanic (This was in Spring '98, shortly after it was released) he promises me that he's got quite the romantic evening planned but it will be a surprise and he'll pick me up around 9.  I thought that was kinda late but thought "Maybe he's taking me to a movie or something."   Cool. :)

Well he doesn't show up until 10 and being kind of a doormat at the time and since I was all dressed up anyway I thought "Oh hell I'll go."  So I did.  Now our university is 1/2 an hour from Ocean City, MD so he drove there and I'm thinking "Okay this could be cool, I love the boardwalk, this could be a sweet date, having Thrashers or Drumser's ice cream, and we can go on rides till we puke. 

Nope.  He takes me WAAAAAY away from the boardwalk, we're past the end of the boardwalk and pretty much just have hotels behind us and he lays out a blanket on the beach with a cooler that has a bottle of sparkling cider (both under 21) and some glasses to drink it out of.   Which is still sweet (though more appropriate for a later date and not a first) so I didn't start to freak out until he started talking about the strange pull the sea has on him and that his grandmother, who raised him, committed suicide by walking into the water when she couldn't swim... Meanwhile he's slowly starting to walk towards the water himself, like he's about to do the same thing!  :o

HOLY oversharing, Batman!  I didn't know what to say without sounding insensitive cause I did feel bad for the poor guy, but that...yikes.  Not a good idea to scare your date on the first time you take her out!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2011, 11:51:44 PM »
Is it a date when two of the guys you go to school with pick you and your girlfriend up at the soda parlor and you go riding around with them then they go and park?

OK.  One of the guys (mine) was a gorgeous hunk.  The other was a guy who's family was best friends with our family. He was 2 years older than me and we had grown up together.  He was like my brother.  Well, he was very straight laced and imagine my surprise when he and my friend started kissing.  The hunky guy with me wanted to kiss me but I was dying of embarrassment and just scooted over in the corner of the back seat and sat there staring ahead, frozen in place.   He was insulted, I'm sure, but at least my neighbor couldn't go and tell his mother that I was kissing someone.

So a few months later I was at the soda place again and I saw Hunky guy stop in front (the guys used to do that in their cars to check out the action).  I ran out to his car and planted a huge passionate kiss on him.  He was all aglow (I guess feeling somewhat better about his manhood) and said, "Boy!  Have you changed!"
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2011, 01:13:43 AM »
Hmm. Which one do you want to hear about?

The guy who left me at my junior prom because his girlfriend said he had to be home by 10:30?

The guy I dated for 2 months who told me over beers that he couldn't see me anymore because, due to his profession, he could only "afford to be seen with gorgeous women"? Did I mention that he himself resembled a troll of some type?

The guy who showed up TWO DAYS LATE to take me out for dinner for my 24th birthday, who went on to explain that he was late because he'd been high on cocaine and couldn't remember what day it was?

Sanity Lost

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2011, 01:41:29 AM »

:-[ I agree; and I hope DH never dies or divorces me so I have to figure this stuff out!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2011, 05:30:54 AM »

:-[ I agree; and I hope DH never dies or divorces me so I have to figure this stuff out!

I went one one date my entire life until I met SO online, we've been together for sixteen years now.  I used to wonder if I should have dated more, now I think maybe I should have dated less!

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2011, 07:50:22 AM »

I went one one date my entire life until I met SO online, we've been together for sixteen years now.  I used to wonder if I should have dated more, now I think maybe I should have dated less!
:P   I'll have to remember that line!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:52:00 AM by Bijou »

Nora

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2011, 08:18:48 AM »
I spent those dates (because I'm a slow learner) sitting very very still because I never knew when I would happen upon a gun. It was like an Easter egg hunt but with guns.  

I laughed so hard at this! You poor thing!!!
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2011, 09:13:37 AM »
Hmm. Which one do you want to hear about?

The guy who left me at my junior prom because his girlfriend said he had to be home by 10:30?

The guy I dated for 2 months who told me over beers that he couldn't see me anymore because, due to his profession, he could only "afford to be seen with gorgeous women"? Did I mention that he himself resembled a troll of some type?

The guy who showed up TWO DAYS LATE to take me out for dinner for my 24th birthday, who went on to explain that he was late because he'd been high on cocaine and couldn't remember what day it was?

But Cathy, you are gorgeous.  ???
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

EmsMommy

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2011, 09:16:35 AM »
Oh where to start...in a group of friends there was a guy & we also worked together.  We hit it off & decided to go out sometime.  He asked if I wanted to go out with him for his friend's birthday party. I knew his friends as well & we had all went out before, so it should be a blast...well...not so much.  Guy & his friend (Birthday Boy) both wind up at my house after the bars close (location from where we were at) due to lack of rides home for the boys, but rides are on the way (about 20 minutes to wait).  In the mean time, we all crack a beer & sit around talking.  Guy come out of the bathroom & looks like he has the sniffles, so I ask if he's okay & he just laughs.  Then the light bulb flicks on & I'm yelling "YOU DID NOT JUST GO DO COKE IN MY BATHROOM!!!"  Oh yes he did.  I have never touched the stuff & don't care what you stick up your nose, but there's no way I'm going to go on a date with you & there's no way in frozen tundra that it should ever be in my house.  I will not get in trouble for that, no way, no how.  Birthday Boy is now wasted & starts hitting on me & groping me, I push him away & tell him to go sit & wait for his ride.  Since Guy has amazingly figured out that he isn't going to be playing any scrabble with me he tries to get me to play with Birthday Boy "but it's his birthday!" & other general have you been with two guys at once questions.  Guy was happily bouncing on a yoga ball at the time, so it was pretty easy to knock him over to the floor & I pushed Birthday Boy out of the door.  I got Guy out of the door as well, locked the door (their ride was outside by then), shut the lights off & went to bed.  Luckily they knew better than to try to get back in (before DH my bed partner was a loaded gun)  Sober friend appologized on Monday when we saw each other at work again, but there never went out after that.