Author Topic: Miami Heat SS's??  (Read 5431 times)

MsMarjorie

• The world was my oyster but I used the wrong fork
Re: Miami Heat SS's??
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2011, 12:39:08 AM »
Slightly off topic but does anyone have any insight into why this woman would take a photo of these people, who she didn't even know?  I do not understand the cult of celebrity and this is just another example which confuses me.  She didn't even know who they were.  I totally agree with Its good to be queen - this woman showed poor etiquette skills.

Why do people stand in line for autographs by authors, when the book will otherwise contain exactly the same words? Why do people pay bizarrely high prices for paintings by artists who are "names", when paintings that are just as appealing languish, because their creators are not well known?

There's something about saying, "I was in the presence of greatness, and here's my record of it".

True, true.  It's just neat to say you've seen someone that other people know of.  I am a huge indie music fan, so a lot of the concerts I go crazy about are of bands no one's heard of before.  But those pictures of me and the musicians are some of my favorite things!  

My husband looveesss the Heat (seriously, there are no words for how obsessed he is), while I could care less, but I would be all excited and try to take a picture of them for him if I had the chance.

Thank-you Twik and Everlee for your replies to my question - I completely understand what you are saying and I get it now.  I could see myself going crazy meeting Einstein (though I think my chance may be nil :) ) or Monet (also nil), I just wasn't thinking of them as celebrities as such, but greatness yes.