Author Topic: It just started to cook!  (Read 5826 times)

Giggity

• Super Hero!
Re: It just started to cook!
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2012, 08:38:11 AM »
Yeah, I know it's old. The recipe is so good it HAS to be brought up into Recent Posts.
Words mean things.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2012, 09:44:13 AM »
Now where was this recipe when I did my taco bar last week?  ;D

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2012, 08:35:12 AM »
Here's the recipe. Large crockpot -

about 6 or 8 lbs of beef, usually chuck, but I guess you can do it with Top Sirloin now too. Whichever is on sale: I usually buy two decent size chuck roasts, this time I used three large top sirloin
1 Lg Onion
3 or three medium tomatoes (or how many you have on hand)
1 bunch cilantro
1 bulb garlic
1 jar salsa
2 small can diced chilies

Salt & Pepper beef, cover heavily in cummin (you can not be heavy handed enough with the cummin)
Throw in a handful or two of crushed red pepper

Cook 12 hours on high.

Just a question:  Do we throw all of the other stuff in the crockpot with the beef for 12 hours? 
I'm assuming yes, but I've learned to never assume. 

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 11:31:46 AM »
I tossed in all the cut-up veggies first. Then I put salt, pepper, and cumin in a big ziploc bag, put a piece of meat in it, and Shake-and-Baked it until the meat was covered with flava, and repeat for the other piece.

I used kosher salt, and I'll use less next time. It's still a tad salty. Also, next time I'll get even heavier on the cumin.

Warning: if you crockpot this overnight, prepare to be woken by the smell. I swear, I felt like Wile E. Coyote. The smell had actual fingers and they were tugging at my nose all night. It is an astonishing and delectable smell.
Words mean things.