Author Topic: Things that make you go hmmmm...  (Read 2011 times)

Reuth

Re: Things that make you go hmmmm...
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
I don't put much faith in tarot cards or psychics, but that's hardly fair. She didn't do a divination to see where the end of the line was. Psychics don't claim to foresee every little detail.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 11:49:52 AM »
I do think it's fair.

This young woman's business was right next to the pharmacy.  She knew how the lines worked.     

Like other people in the neighborhood she visited the place frequently to pick up milk, sodas and snacks.  She could see that the line was down an aisle but chose to ignore it.  You don't have to be a Psychic to figure that out.   

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 11:37:19 AM »
I live in a college town, so this may have been some type of initiation.

I worked in our photo lab at one time, when this gem occurred.

A customer had just dropped off a roll of film, and Mary was prepping it, so she didn't see him right away, which was probably a good thing.

A young man walked past our counter sporting a rather interesting hair style. On top of his head he had a pony tail, that was about an inch tall. Going around the back of his head, from ear to ear, was a bald line about the width of an electric shaver, except for a thin "bridge" attaching the hair on the top of his head, to the hair below his ears.

I was standing by our film prep machine and Mary puts the film into it. I whispered to Mary to look "over there" where young man is standing. I was seriously trying not to laugh, because it was just so ridiculous looking. Mary sees him and we both start laughing.

She asked me if Wayne saw him. Wayne worked in the wireless dept right across from us. I said I didn't think so, so we go up to our front counter, and gets Waynes attention, and show him. (This is where Mary and I completely lost it, because was was kinda funny, now became bone achingly hysterical.)

Wayne looks at guy with haircut, and then at us, and mouths "what is wrong with you two" and then ceased seeing us standing there. He completely refused to acknowlege us standing there and went about his business.

Mary and I end up standing there laughing silently, with tears streaming down our faces until guy with haircut leaves and we can actually laugh.

To this day, if we start talking to Wayne about that night, he has no rememberance of it.