News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 22, 2018, 09:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need advice from the gym rats  (Read 2722 times)

Scuba_Dog

Re: Need advice from the gym rats
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 05:38:27 PM »
The next time she does it, I would stop what I'm doing (even though it would interrupt my workout) and say to her; "Do you have any idea how dangerous that is?" I would then briefly but firmly explain why she should never do that again. 

Sounds like she's flirting with you....   :)

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

RUkidding?

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 06:18:43 PM »
The next time she does it, I would stop what I'm doing (even though it would interrupt my workout) and say to her; "Do you have any idea how dangerous that is?" I would then briefly but firmly explain why she should never do that again. 

lol, it crossed my mind (and I do have big tatas 8) but although she doesn't touch the boys when they are lifting she really turns on the chatfest with new male eye candy.  Lots of unnecessary bending over etc. KWIM?  The good news is that it gives me a break from the nonsense.  I almost rescued a guy after about 15 minutes of his being cornered in the Smith machine.  Then I thought, naaahhhhh watching this huge dude look around helplessly for an escape was too entertaining. 

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 06:28:11 PM »

lol, it crossed my mind (and I do have big tatas 8) but although she doesn't touch the boys when they are lifting she really turns on the chatfest with new male eye candy.  Lots of unnecessary bending over etc. KWIM?  The good news is that it gives me a break from the nonsense.  I almost rescued a guy after about 15 minutes of his being cornered in the Smith machine.  Then I thought, naaahhhhh watching this huge dude look around helplessly for an escape was too entertaining. 

Lol, poor guy.

She sounds really annoying.  Does she even work out, or is she just fluttering around?  I remember a girl like that at my rec center.  She acted like it was a nightclub...   ::)
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

ShadesOfGrey

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »
I would not denigrate the amount she lifts a la a previous poster ("you may lift light weight") I would just stick to the safety aspect for you.
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

RUkidding?

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 07:44:59 PM »
Yup, the safety issue is a good call.  To answer pp, yea she's in great shape and is a heck of a lot stronger than am I.  However, what should be a 60 minute workout usually lasts far far longer because of the bouncing and chatting a la nightclub.  The non-touching/safety antics shouldn't get to me so much.  I'm kind of like a grumpy serious dude when I lift.  >:D

immadz

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 07:49:03 PM »
Is there anyway you could have your head set on and just ignore her for a while?

Eternal Dreamer

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 08:04:13 PM »
What if the next time she does this, you continue to do your set, but say "Gimme a sec, let me finish this set." while still lifting? Yes, the first time you do this, it'll mean ruining your concentration, but that way if she tries interrupting again, you won't come off as offensive since she'll have hopefully gotten the hint that you like to finish your sets before talking.

RUkidding?

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 08:55:03 PM »
What if the next time she does this, you continue to do your set, but say "Gimme a sec, let me finish this set." while still lifting? Yes, the first time you do this, it'll mean ruining your concentration, but that way if she tries interrupting again, you won't come off as offensive since she'll have hopefully gotten the hint that you like to finish your sets before talking.
I actually said almost exactly that; while wearing headphones mind you, and a couple of days later she pinged me on the leg when I was doing a squat.  Pffffffttttt raise your hand if you go to gym to WORK OFF stress. Bad me keeps hoping she will irritate one of the guys so much that they go off on her.  I'm going to have to just suck it up and explain it to her.  Or drop a weight as previously suggested.  Kidding. 

PinkWildRose

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 09:16:11 PM »
You have every reason in the world to be firm with her.  She's a hazard.