Author Topic: Lohan in court again... Brilliant or Rude?  (Read 3369 times)

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
Lohan in court again... Brilliant or Rude?
« on: June 24, 2011, 02:33:18 PM »
http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture-in-atlanta/lindsay-lohan-latest-lawyer-says-lohan-persecuted

I guess if you can't leave the house to go to your favorite establishments, you bring the party to you!  I don't know, nothing was technically illegal, but I don't think "house party" would be the first thing on my mind if I were on house arrest. The fact that this was drug into a hearing type situation actually makes me a little sad. Seems like a waste of time and money on all sides.

On the bright side, Ms. Lohan looked very nice in court... I really liked the high pony/blue shirt combination  ;D
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Lohan in court again... Brilliant or Rude?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 03:01:32 PM »
Well, it's pretty hard to proclaim how you're "cleaning up your life", when you're having alcohol-fueled parties in your home.

Lohan has gotten a lot of breaks - many more than I think she understands - because people keep believing that she gets it, this time she REALLY does, that she has a substance-abuse problem, and that she'll get it under control. And each time, she proves them wrong.

Hey, she might have spent the night of the party sipping soda with lime. But the image is of "If I can't go to the wild party, I'll bring the wild party to me." It's not the image of someone trying to kick the habit. And at some point (for her sake, i hope it's sooner than later) she will hit a judge who simply does.not.believe that she "gets it", and sends her to jail. Right now, I think that's going to be necessary to save her life. Certainly, her career.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 03:35:27 PM »
I was just discussing this with the husband, and we realized that the only celebrities that we could think of that did actual hard time were all male... and Marha Stewart, if you count that.

I with they could sentence you to house arrest/work release with hard labor  >:D
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 03:51:46 PM »
I totally agree with you Twik. But my point of view is she's had way more breaks than she deserves. I wish they'd throw the book at her. Maybe then she'd get it.

Ed.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 05:47:49 PM »
I agree she's had too many "second chances". The judge's comment that "alcohol isn't illegal" seems ill-conceived, since she's on probation, and part of the probation was that she should work at getting clean. Legal or not, drinking isn't good for addicts trying to recover.

I think sending her to jail could do a "Robert Downey" on her. Have her face up to reality, without a lot of pushers and sycophants around her, and allow her to discover her own inner strength. I really fear this girl will be killed with kindness, because she's shown that "one more chance" doesn't work. She obviously has had so many that she doesn't believe there's a point where there are no more chances.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 08:32:54 PM »
Neither Lindsey nor her lawyer seems to "get it."  The only reason this is still going on after 4 years is because of Lindsey.  If she would've cleaned up her act and did what she was supposed to the first time, then it would've stopped!  She has gotten chance after chance, and she keeps getting in trouble again because she keeps screwing up.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 08:45:26 PM »
"Her favorite iced tea drink contains a minute amount of alcohol."

THEN DON'T DRINK IT. Yeesh! "But sir, I only violated probation a little bit. Come on! Give me a break! Remember how cute I was in The Parent Trap remake?!"

I'm really afraid people are going to enable that girl right into her grave.
The status is not quo!

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 08:47:49 PM »

THEN DON'T DRINK IT. Yeesh! "But sir, I only violated probation a little bit. Come on! Give me a break! Remember how cute I was in The Parent Trap remake?!"

I'm afraid you're right. 
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 08:53:33 PM »
I am baffled by the judge's comments. I've worked in the courts with people on probation, for many years, and alcohol is a major no-no for addicts, and probationers in general. In fact, we don't get ankle monitors for our clients and alcohol is the biggest issue we have with our kids. We know they all drink because we don't have accurate tests to monitor it. But if we find out they've been drinking, they get into trouble.

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 06:51:34 AM »
She looks awful for a 24 year old. :P

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 09:09:53 AM »
Yes, that's really alarmng how weathered she looks.

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 10:06:36 AM »

I read where some parolees sign a form stating they will not consume food that includes poppy seeds.  That way if they test positive for opiates, they can't blame it on food.     

Alas, they try. ::)

SadieBaby

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »
People on the work release program and home detention (in one of the counties where I used to be the parole lady) were not allowed to use mouthwash.  Not only because of the alcohol content itself, but because when the inmate tested positive for alcohol, they would whine "but I just used mouthwash!"   Prohibiting mouthwash eliminated this excuse.

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 02:43:51 PM »
People on the work release program and home detention (in one of the counties where I used to be the parole lady) were not allowed to use mouthwash.  Not only because of the alcohol content itself, but because when the inmate tested positive for alcohol, they would whine "but I just used mouthwash!"   Prohibiting mouthwash eliminated this excuse.

We get a lot of cold medicine excuses.

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 12:28:38 PM »

I'm afraid you're right. 

I was just going to say the same thing.

Anyone else thinking of Ryan Dunn? I know it's a completely different thread but it's sorta the same thing. He had an OBVIOUS problem and no one did anything to stop him. And now he and another have perished because of it. I see this going down a similar street.