Author Topic: Lohan in court again... Brilliant or Rude?  (Read 3622 times)

Peggy Gus

Re: Lohan in court again... Brilliant or Rude?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 02:08:17 PM »
I was just discussing this with the husband, and we realized that the only celebrities that we could think of that did actual hard time were all male... and Marha Stewart, if you count that.

I with they could sentence you to house arrest/work release with hard labor  >:D

Lil Kim did a year in jail.

Melxb

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 02:31:24 PM »
If I ever have any sort of criminal legal issue in LA County I want Shawn Holley Chapman to represent me!  I will pay whatever she wants.  Seriously.

She found a hole in the original judge's orders big enough to drive a truck through.  She is terrifyingly efficient.  According to the order, Lindsay Lohan should have only been tested for controlled substances up until Feb. 25th.  Alcohol is not a controlled subtances, and Lindsay Lohan's original DUI in 2007 came from not being drunk, but being under the influence of cocaine.  As strange as this sounds, she could have been rip roaring drunk every day of her home confinement, but as long as she didn't leave he rhouse she wouldn't have been breaking the law.  The LA Co. Probation Dept seriously overstepped its authority by testing her for anything after that.  The Probabtion department is now under scrutiny from the State of CA as to why they didn't just simply read the order from the judge.  They tested her illegally. 

Do I think LiLo deserves jail time?  No, not really.  She's an addict.  She loves to drink.  She loves to snort cocaine, but she hasn't been behind the wheel of a car while under the influence of anything (that we know of anyway) since her DUI in 2007.  She has major psychologically problems that she needs to address, but I'm not sure jail could help her with this.

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 07:13:35 PM »
If I ever have any sort of criminal legal issue in LA County I want Shawn Holley Chapman to represent me!  I will pay whatever she wants.  Seriously.

She found a hole in the original judge's orders big enough to drive a truck through.  She is terrifyingly efficient.  According to the order, Lindsay Lohan should have only been tested for controlled substances up until Feb. 25th.  Alcohol is not a controlled subtances, and Lindsay Lohan's original DUI in 2007 came from not being drunk, but being under the influence of cocaine.  As strange as this sounds, she could have been rip roaring drunk every day of her home confinement, but as long as she didn't leave he rhouse she wouldn't have been breaking the law.  The LA Co. Probation Dept seriously overstepped its authority by testing her for anything after that.  The Probabtion department is now under scrutiny from the State of CA as to why they didn't just simply read the order from the judge.  They tested her illegally. 

Do I think LiLo deserves jail time?  No, not really.  She's an addict.  She loves to drink.  She loves to snort cocaine, but she hasn't been behind the wheel of a car while under the influence of anything (that we know of anyway) since her DUI in 2007.  She has major psychologically problems that she needs to address, but I'm not sure jail could help her with this.

Well, there was also that whole theft charge, etc.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 09:12:08 PM »
I was just discussing this with the husband, and we realized that the only celebrities that we could think of that did actual hard time were all male... and Marha Stewart, if you count that.

I with they could sentence you to house arrest/work release with hard labor  >:D

Lil Kim did a year in jail.

I totally forgot about that... I just thought she was out of the news because she was working on an album  :-[
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

MsMarjorie

• The world was my oyster but I used the wrong fork
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 09:47:35 PM »
and the whole hitting a baby in a pram thing in her car http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/09/03/lindsay-lohan-hits-baby-stroller-nanny-maserati-reports-say/

I wish someone would step in and help her and stop enabling her.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 08:24:56 AM »
Even if she is legally allowed to drink, I really don't think it's the best idea ever. No, that doesn't mean they should test her illegally, but it does mean I desperately wish someone would show up in her life who actually wants to help her.
The status is not quo!

Melxb

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 09:45:56 AM »
Even if she is legally allowed to drink, I really don't think it's the best idea ever. No, that doesn't mean they should test her illegally, but it does mean I desperately wish someone would show up in her life who actually wants to help her.

And this is where I totally agree with you.  I don't thinkshe should use drugs or alcohol.  The woman is a huge, huge mess.  She's around people who only want to use her for their own means.  I'm including her mother, sister, brother and father in this group too.  I wish that someone cared enough about her to stop enabling her.

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 11:49:10 AM »

Agreed. Addicts who are truly in recovery know that if they drink, even if alcohol wasn't their drug of choice, are putting their sobriety at huge risk. She clearly is not a person who really think she has a problem.