Author Topic: Funnel Cakes  (Read 1753 times)

Crazy Chicken Lady

Funnel Cakes
« on: June 24, 2011, 10:32:30 PM »
Okay it's Summertime here and I thought I would share a favorite carnival food recipe......FUNNEL CAKES!  ;D

2 eggs
2 cups cups milk
4 Tablespoon white sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 teas. salt
2 tsp Baking powder

Mix all the dry ingredients first. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Heat a deep fryer with about 1-2 inches of OIL to 375 degrees. Fill funnel with 1/2 cup of batter. Gradually release the batter into the hot oil in a circular pattern. Cook until golden and then turn until the other side is golden. Using tongs, remove from deep fryer and let drain on either paper towels or a rack.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar. We sometimes like to add a touch of sweetened cinnamon or some chocolate syrup to ours.

They are simply to die for! Did I mention I LOVE funnel cakes!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:41:14 PM by Crazy Chicken Lady »

8cowwife

• Come to the dark side, we have cookies.
Re: Funnel Cakes
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 06:02:09 PM »
I love funnel cakes also.  And now I don't have to go the amusement park to get one.  Yipee!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW!! What a ride!"

kitty-cat

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 08:10:24 PM »
Oh my goodness. I. Love. You. I've only gotten to taste the yumminess that is funnel cake once.

Now to experiment.

NE Florida

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 08:27:36 PM »
Crazy Chicken Lady, can you please move this thread to the Recipe Requests folder?  This one, the Cookbook Project folder, is closed so the recipes can be edited for publishing.  When people open threads in this folder, it makes it hard for us editors to keep track of what has and hasn't been edited.

Thanks.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC