Author Topic: New Forum Glitches  (Read 17440 times)

Kiara

• My dragons!
New Forum Glitches
« on: July 02, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »
I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but I figured I'd ask.  Is there a way that when you bring up a board, the list of who's viewing that page either doesn't show up, or can go on the bottom?  I'm just thinking that on a normal day.....that's going to be huge listing everyone viewing....Life in General, for example.

If it can't be changed, I will happily live with it, but I figured I'd ask.

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
Re: New Forum Glitches
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 06:21:59 PM »
Is the new forum supposed to be resizing all the pictures we post? I ask because it just resized all three of the ones I posted in a Cutlieness Beyond Belief thread.

I don't mind it resizing pics to uniform dimensions, as that saves me from having to do it myself, but these are awfully small.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 06:27:54 PM »
Not sure if it's a glitch or not but the forum now looks like a movie that wasn't made for widescreen, playing on a widescreen TV.  If that makes any sense...  :-\

I see the forum but I have two pretty large empty sections on both sides of it also.
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 06:40:05 PM »
Not sure if it's a glitch or not but the forum now looks like a movie that wasn't made for widescreen, playing on a widescreen TV.  If that makes any sense...  :-\

I see the forum but I have two pretty large empty sections on both sides of it also.

What resolution is your computer set to? Mine is 1280 x 960 and there is a blank space of about two inches on either side. If your resolution is higher, you may have a larger blank space. Just a theory, anyway.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Miss Charlotte

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 06:49:07 PM »
This is so lame and I apologize for asking, but can anyone tell me if my email address is still hidden? On the last version there was the "hide email" box you could select, this one just says "allow members to email" you.
"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop." Gittel Hudnick

SiotehCat

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 06:50:54 PM »
This is so lame and I apologize for asking, but can anyone tell me if my email address is still hidden? On the last version there was the "hide email" box you could select, this one just says "allow members to email" you.

Yes, your email is not posted.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 06:51:17 PM »
Anyone know how to change back from full version to the previous for mobile?  When I first came today, my view on my BB looked somewhat normal to what it always has. I clicked full version and would like to switch my view back to the less resource intensive version. 

Miss Charlotte

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 06:51:49 PM »

Yes, your email is not posted.

Thank you!!
"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop." Gittel Hudnick

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 06:52:33 PM »

What resolution is your computer set to? Mine is 1280 x 960 and there is a blank space of about two inches on either side. If your resolution is higher, you may have a larger blank space. Just a theory, anyway.

It's like that on my iPad, too.  I think we are still in maintenance mode...  Maybe that's it.   
Winston Churchill

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »
I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but I figured I'd ask.  Is there a way that when you bring up a board, the list of who's viewing that page either doesn't show up, or can go on the bottom?  I'm just thinking that on a normal day.....that's going to be huge listing everyone viewing....Life in General, for example.

I think I fixed it.  Is it still there?

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 09:05:02 PM »

That's a function of the theme design.  One of the earlier test themes did have a lot of white space but on my computer, this current one has maybe 3/4 of an inch on each side.  I want a theme that will let me set the forum size width.

Kiara

• My dragons!
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 09:19:20 PM »

I think I fixed it.  Is it still there?

It's gone!  Thank you so much!!!

CakeBeret

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 10:55:18 PM »
For me, the text is concentrated into a narrow column at the far right (only 4-6 words per line), and the usernames and such are in a small column at the far left. I am on my phone so that may make a difference (though I viewed the site fine on my phone before the update), but right now there's about 30% of empty screenspace in the center. I'm not sure if that makes sense :)

Interestingly, when I go into preview mode, everything is normally proportioned.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »
Is there a way to see your posts? Or no?
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 11:31:12 AM »

That's a function of the theme design.  One of the earlier test themes did have a lot of white space but on my computer, this current one has maybe 3/4 of an inch on each side.  I want a theme that will let me set the forum size width.

It's funny because it's not as large a gap today.  Or, maybe I'm just getting used to it.
Winston Churchill