Author Topic: New Forum Glitches  (Read 17375 times)

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
Re: New Forum Glitches
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 12:04:50 PM »
I tried viewing the forum on my iPhone with Safari and had a problem with the pop-up menu for selecting a board that appears at the bottom of the page.  Only the current board appears in the scroll list that Safari provides.  I noticed when I do the same thing with Flamingvixen on my regular PC that there is a delay populating that list, so I suspect that Safari is getting the current value but not the rest of them, due to the delay.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

EMuir

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 12:57:14 AM »
Much like Artk2002, I do not see the list of forums in the popup menu.  I tried letting it populate, but it just seems to choose the one forum (that I'm in) and returns me there.  This is on iPhone and iPad.

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 01:31:29 AM »
Does anyone else have a sig picture that seems gigantic now?  I can't tell if mine was always this big, and it just seems larger now because of the layout, or if it's actually larger.  It's a bit scary-looking now.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

T'Mar of Vulcan

• the lost city of Atlantis, the planet Tencton and the moon Pandora!
  • Super Hero!
  • Star Trek will always rule
    • The Flag Waver
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 02:52:58 AM »
Does anyone else have a sig picture that seems gigantic now?  I can't tell if mine was always this big, and it just seems larger now because of the layout, or if it's actually larger.  It's a bit scary-looking now.

It looks the same to me.

I changed my avatar and sig pics in honour of the new forum. Might change them back later.

The only Vulcan from South Africa! :)

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 03:32:15 AM »
I don't have a line under my name that tells me how many messages I have aand if they are new. I liked that so I didn't have to go to a new screen - messages - all the time.

Thanks.

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 06:26:05 AM »

MrsJWine, that picture was always that scary. ;)
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 09:57:19 AM »
Anyone know how to change back from full version to the previous for mobile?  When I first came today, my view on my BB looked somewhat normal to what it always has. I clicked full version and would like to switch my view back to the less resource intensive version. 

can you try hitting your back button?

Also, the simple site I use on my phone has ";wap2" at the end of the url.  Try adding that (it has to be at the end of the #'s, though, not if it says "new" or "topic seen").
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 12:40:54 PM »
I'm seeing sigs even though I disabled them in my settings.

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 03:52:20 PM »
This new format gives me eye strain & the worst headache if I look at it too long.  The "new" orange buttons aren't so great either.  I have to close my eyes while typing to give my eyes a break...

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 06:42:29 PM »
I actually like the forum look/layout - it's a bit more streamlined (it's sort of a blue color for me right now).  One comment/suggestion - when I look at a board (say, Life in General), the thread topics are *veryclosetogether* so it's difficult to distinguish from one topic to the next - almost like when someone writes an OP with no paragraph breaks - it feels like the topics need line spacing breaks, like 1.5 spacing instead of 1. 

Also, the OP's name is in bold below the thread title, and it might be more helpful to have the thread titles in bold, so there's a bit more of a distinction between them. 

Just a thought/comment.
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 07:33:54 PM »
I agree with DP - the subjects are schmushed together and it would be nice if read topics on a page were dimmed and unread bolded as they were on the old forum. Makes it easier t distinguish read vs unread.

Salvage3

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 07:34:24 PM »
Just a minor little thing --and definitely not any kind of deal-breaker; but I am hoping we will once again have a choice of themes, i.e., colors.  I love the color blue; but I really did like the choice of being able to change once in a while.  Some of us --okay, I admit I am one --spend a lot of time here, and I just like a "new environment" once in a while.  Thanks for considering.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 08:54:35 PM »
Just want to say I appreciate the changes!  I just noticed the subjects have greater space and are not so jammed together.  I also notice some changes in colour themes.  I like the  blue background with black text.  One page had a really BRIGHT blue line on the top, just above the post start.  Now it is a far more muted blue which is much better and not so bright on the eyes.  Thanks so much for taking our feedback!

HoneyBee42

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 09:13:43 PM »
One thing I noticed (not sure if it qualifies as a "glitch" or not, but it's rather annoying) is that the locked threads are getting highlighted with a darker bar that runs all the way across the line.  It just seems like it draws my eye directly to the locked thread (if I were going to pick, I'd say that "thread I have posted in" would make more sense to highlight, but I'd be happy with just no highlighting on the line of a locked thread).

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 09:29:44 PM »
I just noticed the theme colot changes too - just wanted to say the op's name is still bold when I click "New replies to your posts/since last visit" but not if I visit the forum directly (eg click Etiquette hell>Life in General). Wasnt sure if that was intentional or not/it was going to change or not/so I thought I'd just report what I'm seeing.