Author Topic: New Forum Glitches  (Read 17523 times)

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Re: New Forum Glitches
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 09:34:03 PM »
The banners are back to being a very bright blue that jump out at the eyes when trying to read a post.   It is so bright compared to the rest of the page. 

Here is a link to the post with teh brightness  http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=98285.0;topicseen

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 10:00:32 PM »
The banners are back to being a very bright blue that jump out at the eyes when trying to read a post.   It is so bright compared to the rest of the page. 

Here is a link to the post with teh brightness  http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=98285.0;topicseen

You are serendipitously viewing themes and colors I'm playing around with.  They come and go within minutes. 

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 10:13:07 PM »
Oh! That color bar thing is neat!  I've tried them all but ended back with the light grey blue, which I've always liked.
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

Ehelldame

• Administrator
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 10:23:34 PM »

Ok, here's the deal.   Ive found a multicolor theme I can live with.  Some of you have seen it make an appearance a few times this evening and then disappear.   I'm not going to make it available until we have more customizations done which won't happen until Thursday night at the very earliest.    We'll be playing around with text colors and I want the header tweaked a little.   The multicolor theme has the same text color throughout all the themes so I need to find a text color for the subjects that is more palatable than the orange.  Maybe a more muted burnt orange color.  The forum default color will be the current ice blue.  At a later date I may have more customization done so that the default color are shades of warm beige and burgundy. 

I'm slinging some of the php code which is kind of comical in that I do the trial and error method.  Over the next few days you'll see odd color changes in various places and then disappear. 

The Opinionator

• You keep using that word.
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 10:35:53 PM »
Is there anyway we can get back the time spent on ehell counter back? I really enjoyed it.  :)
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 11:06:51 PM »
thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing the changes!
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2011, 11:25:26 PM »
I just noticed that a smilie inserted into sentence does not throw the sentence spacing off! Now that is an improvement!  :D

(I don't know why that bugged me so much.)

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2011, 11:59:08 PM »

You are serendipitously viewing themes and colors I'm playing around with.  They come and go within minutes. 

Ahhh... I thought it was a glitch that they were all different.  Right now, the banner is a lovely shade of muted bluish lavender. 

furrcats

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 12:41:13 AM »
Sounds great!

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2011, 04:20:31 PM »
I have a question... Where can I see the threads that I am being "notified" about? I used to go to my Profile and then something like Notifications, but I don't see that anymore. It's probably really obvious...  ::)
~Lynn2000

Ehelldame

• Administrator
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2011, 06:06:59 PM »
I have a question... Where can I see the threads that I am being "notified" about? I used to go to my Profile and then something like Notifications, but I don't see that anymore. It's probably really obvious...  ::)

On the top menu  Profile>Account Settings   then on left menu  Modify Profile>Notifications

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2011, 08:01:48 PM »
The way the signatures work has change.  With the old board all every post made by a poster had the same signature.  Now the board is capturing (not sure that is the best word) the signatures with the post and only posts made after the signature has been changed have the updated signatures.

Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:03:42 PM by Animala »

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2011, 10:52:29 PM »
The way the signatures work has change.  With the old board all every post made by a poster had the same signature.  Now the board is capturing (not sure that is the best word) the signatures with the post and only posts made after the signature has been changed have the updated signatures.

Does that make sense?

It makes sense to me, because that's the way it was on the old Delphooey board, if I recall correctly.
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »

On the top menu  Profile>Account Settings   then on left menu  Modify Profile>Notifications

Thanks!
~Lynn2000

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2011, 04:02:34 PM »

Wow!  I have 325 pages of notifications.   I didn't know there is a record of every single thread I have watched or posted!