Author Topic: New Forum Glitches  (Read 17421 times)

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Re: New Forum Glitches
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2011, 01:58:50 PM »
Is it possible to make the thread title darker or bolder and lighten up the second line with 'started by... etc.'.  For me, the started by line stands out more than the thread title. 

On the default, the thread title was also smaller font than the 2nd line.  I was able to use the control/scroll function in FF to increase the fonts which has made the pages much easier to read.

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2011, 09:27:17 AM »
I am having an issue with quoting.  When in full version, I click "quote" and a little pop up box appears that says "retrieving quote" but then it never does. I can let it sit for minutes and it wont ever get the quote into the reply box.  Am I doing something wrong?
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2011, 09:43:51 AM »
I am having an issue with quoting.  When in full version, I click "quote" and a little pop up box appears that says "retrieving quote" but then it never does. I can let it sit for minutes and it wont ever get the quote into the reply box.  Am I doing something wrong?

I'm not experiencing the same problem and if only one person reports a problem, it is usually something wrong on their end, not the forum software.  Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to diagnose your problem. 

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »
I have problems with quick reply.  When I hit quote, it takes me down to the quick reply screen where I can type my post.  Frequently, after I hit post, I get a message I already submitted the post, which I never did.  I have to clear out the entire reply box and start over.  There have been times when I decided not to post and the other quotes displayed in a post that had nothing to do with the post I'm answering.   Anyone else have this issue with quick reply and error messages?

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2011, 02:19:55 PM »
I am also using quick reply - I'll switch to full reply (though I'm not sure how exactly) and see if the problem persists.
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2011, 02:26:14 PM »
I just switched from QR to see if it fixes the quoting and posting problem.  It was happening more often than not and I had to try several times to get a post to go through.  I thought maybe there is a time limit between posts so that one can't spam the board.

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2011, 02:32:54 PM »
http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=98618.msg2413743#msg2413743

I just posted this in the testing folder.

Basically, if you hit "quote" with the quick reply open, the popup box appears, but it doesnt actually retrieve the quote.  If the "quick reply" is closed, it will quote just fine. 

Also, if you hit "reply" and then "insert quote" the same thing happens - popup box appears, but it doesnt actually retrieve the quote. 

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2011, 03:14:36 PM »
I'm not sure if this is what y'all are talking about in some of the previous posts, but when I reply to a post, my text goes off the screen on the right for about 2 or 3 words.  I have to just type blindly and hope that I'm spelling everything correctly, because I can't see what I'm typing.

The reply screen needs to be enlarged a bit to show what we're typing.

Pepper Saltzman

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2011, 03:32:20 PM »
I'm getting error messages and am sometimes unable to load the forum at all.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2011, 03:55:15 PM »
I'm not sure if this is what y'all are talking about in some of the previous posts, but when I reply to a post, my text goes off the screen on the right for about 2 or 3 words.  I have to just type blindly and hope that I'm spelling everything correctly, because I can't see what I'm typing.

The reply screen needs to be enlarged a bit to show what we're typing.

The reply screen at teh bottom is small.  I switched to the full reply mode and haven't had any problems.  You can do that from your profile under layout.

JamFly

• A fly made of jam? Ridiculous!
  • Any etiquette for a tiny elephant on a trampoline?
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2011, 06:57:54 PM »
Pretty small glitch, and not really all that important in the grand scheme of things, but I am ridiculously amused nonetheless. The birthdate section in edit profile will let you enter any four digit year you wish. I have a secret for you guys, I was born in the 1200's.  :P Don't believe me? It even says so on my profile (until I edit it out, anyway.)  /easily amused.

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2011, 07:55:22 PM »
LOL! Then I can change my birthdate to 3015 and come from the future!
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

General Jinjur

• This is serious business!
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2011, 07:52:41 AM »
This morning, I left an innocent little "f" out of "shifts" and discovered that the filter doesn't seem to be working. I also discovered that my fingers are naughty beasts who sometimes work against my prim and proper brain.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2011, 02:47:40 PM »
I stopped using quick reply b/c it kept mixing up posts, some would double quote and I kept getting an error message.  I just do normal replies now and have not had any problem.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2011, 03:58:54 PM »
What is 'Quick reply"? Where is it ? What is it used for?

By the way, I had my wallpaper set on  light lilac, I think, so the new auto color didn't bother me at first, but now I am beginning to be unhappy with how dirty my screen looks with the new color. (And, yes, I've wiped it a  lot.)