Author Topic: Font size  (Read 2424 times)

Akarui Kibuno

Font size
« on: July 02, 2011, 04:49:39 PM »
Hi all!

I was wondering if this is just me.

When I am using Chrome and seeing the website at 100% size, the font seems rather small (Verdana 8pt ) .

I had to up the zoom to 120 % to get the font for the posts to be Verdana 10 pt but the links still appear rather small :P .

My screen resolution is 1024x768, and the former layout posed no problems to me.

What do you think ? To the Dame, is there a new layout you are planning on where the font sizes will be different ?

Thanks in advance.
My FB rants blog (English) - My personal site (French)
A click on one of the ads every so often would help a lot if possible. Thank you <3 .

Kaypeep

Re: Font size
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »
I'm on a PC with Mozilla Flamingvixen and I have the same problem.  The font size is much smaller than the old site.  Probably an 8 pt font.  If there's a way to change defaults for Ehell only, I'd love to know.  I hate to have to zoom every time I log in to the site.

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 05:15:12 PM »
I'm having the same problem as well in Flamingvixen on a netbook.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »
F.i.r.e.f.o.x. was giving me issues with blank drop downs so I switched to Internet Explorer and everything works and font is readable.  This forum I guess works best in IE.

silvercelt

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 05:29:40 PM »
I'm also using Flamingvixen, and the font was tiny.  I just held down the CTRL button and scrolled up with my mouse to make it bigger. :)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 05:46:47 PM »
I have Flamingvixen (same as Zilla has) and in their Help section I found a way to increase or decrease the size and it does seem to stay that way when I went out and came back in.  It said to press ctrl with +  (the plus sign)to increase it and to press ctrl with - (the hyphen or minus sign)to decrease it.  On my Internet Explorer there is a little place in the lower right hand corner f the screen that allows you to magnify or make smaller.  Hope this helps.
I don't know about chrome, though.  You might go to it's Help section and ask the question.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Mikayla

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 06:57:54 PM »
I agree with Bijou.  The control and just one touch on "+" got the font looking exactly as before for me (using mozilla).

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 09:08:28 PM »
I've been testing various themes all day and some have gotten rejected because to me the text or the layout appears too "pinched".  I'm on Fire Fox and the current theme appears acceptable. 

gmatoy

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 06:04:21 PM »
I have Flamingvixen (same as Zilla has) and in their Help section I found a way to increase or decrease the size and it does seem to stay that way when I went out and came back in.  It said to press ctrl with +  (the plus sign)to increase it and to press ctrl with - (the hyphen or minus sign)to decrease it.  On my Internet Explorer there is a little place in the lower right hand corner f the screen that allows you to magnify or make smaller.  Hope this helps.
I don't know about chrome, though.  You might go to it's Help section and ask the question.
Just lost my big font and looked for this thread to help me get it back up. Thank you; this was so simple!