Kate or Charlene's Dress?

Kate's
76 (71.7%)
Charlene's
20 (18.9%)
Neither
10 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Author Topic: Princess Charlene's Dress?  (Read 13123 times)

MadMadge43

• MadMadge43
  • Super Hero!
  • Etiquette is making others feel special
Princess Charlene's Dress?
« on: July 02, 2011, 07:35:39 PM »
I think it was stunning. I liked it even more than Kate's dress.

But the sour look on her face made her a very unattractive bride. I only saw the pictures available on CNN, so hopefully there were some where she looked happy to be getting married.

kareng57

• Super Hero!
Re: Princess Charlene's Dress?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 08:16:18 PM »
I didn't see any "sour" looks at all.  Sure she looks a bit nervous, who wouldn't be?  But I think she looks happy and quite content - and absolutely beautiful.  Some people simply don't feel comfortable with enormous smiles.

Wry Exchange

• Appalachia, USA
    • Wry Exchange
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 08:49:21 PM »
Maybe she's not too happy.  It was too late for her to back out of the wedding if the rumors about her trying to leave are true.

yokozbornak

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 09:48:16 PM »
It was pretty and she was lovely, but I liked Kate Middleton's dress much better.  She did appear sad to me also, but you never really know.  I wish them well.

Jess13

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 11:11:23 PM »
In light of the news that her now husband is being tested as the possible father of a 3rd out of wedlock child, I'd have a bit of a sad or sour expression on my wedding day.

still in va

• used to be gjcva1
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 11:36:22 PM »
In light of the news that her now husband is being tested as the possible father of a 3rd out of wedlock child, I'd have a bit of a sad or sour expression on my wedding day.

unless the child was fathered during their relationship, i wouldn't think this would affect the bride at all.  if the child was conceived before they began their relationship, no reflection upon her husband and none of her business.  if the child was conceived after their relationship started, i would have a sour expression as well...as i ran away from the palace.

cbcb

• Canadian living in the US
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 12:28:57 AM »

unless the child was fathered during their relationship, i wouldn't think this would affect the bride at all.  if the child was conceived before they began their relationship, no reflection upon her husband and none of her business.  if the child was conceived after their relationship started, i would have a sour expression as well...as i ran away from the palace.

Child (one of them, there are rumoured to be two) is 18 months, and their relationship is at least 4 years old. She apparently tried to do exactly what you suggested but was detained by some authorities and brought back for the wedding.

All in all, I feel really bad for her.

kglory

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 01:47:35 AM »
Is the poll about which bride had the prettier dress/prettier expression on her face?  That doesn't seem to be an etiquette question.

The part about the groom having potentially fathered a child out of wedlock, I do feel bad for her if that is the case.

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 02:47:20 AM »

If the secret out of wedlock child were fathered before the relationship I think it would still be an issue as it would reflect upon his character.

Talley

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 04:14:38 AM »
I found Charlene's dress a bit "meh" - a safe choice, and while it was ok, I thought it somewhat boring.

I agree that she did not look very happy... I wish her all the best and good luck though.

Lauren

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 04:58:09 AM »
if the child was conceived after their relationship started, i would have a sour expression as well...as i ran away from the palace.

The child is 18 months old. And apparently she did. She was stopped at the airport and her passport taken off her as per rumour.

There's a video of her crying and they don't look like happy tears. It's actually incredibly sad.

LeveeWoman

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 08:00:33 AM »
if the child was conceived after their relationship started, i would have a sour expression as well...as i ran away from the palace.

The child is 18 months old. And apparently she did. She was stopped at the airport and her passport taken off her as per rumour.

There's a video of her crying and they don't look like happy tears. It's actually incredibly sad.

She was prevented from leaving by the government?

Lauren

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 08:14:42 AM »
That's the rumour. Considering the person who married them (in the civil ceremony) was the head of government it's not that far fetched.

LeveeWoman

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 08:18:35 AM »
That's the rumour. Considering the person who married them (in the civil ceremony) was the head of government it's not that far fetched.

From what I've read, she was leaving the Nice airport which is not under the jurisdiction of Monaco.

GeauxTigers

• Runs with scissors
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 09:46:21 AM »
Back to the original question:

Kate's dress suited her perfectly. Looooooved it.

Charlene's dress also suited her to-die-for swimmer's physique perfectly.

The difference: Kate appeared to be genuinely happy.