Kate or Charlene's Dress?

Kate's
76 (71.7%)
Charlene's
20 (18.9%)
Neither
10 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Author Topic: Princess Charlene's Dress?  (Read 14600 times)

MadMadge43

• MadMadge43
  • Super Hero!
  • Etiquette is making others feel special
Re: Princess Charlene's Dress?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 10:25:35 AM »
GeauxTiger,

I think this is where the confusion set it. I really do like Charlenes dress more. And she might even be physically prettier than Kate (obviously this is objective)- but Charlene just didn't radiate like Kate did.

I didn't realize about all the rumors until after I posted this. But it definitely makes sense now.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 10:58:31 AM »
I think there are ways of bringing someone back that don't involve clapping her in chains.

"You care for X, don't you? Do you understand how catastrophic it would be for his reputation if he left? Sure, he's made a misstep, but he truly loves youl Oh, and here's a lovely gift of a zillion dollars he said he wanted you to have as a wedding present. Please don't humilate this man who loves you...."

There can be a lot of psychological pressure put on without any taking of passports, etc.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

GeauxTigers

• Runs with scissors
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 11:07:16 AM »
Right.

Even before all the alleged "infinite persuasion"-at-the-airport stuff happened, it was widely reported that Princess Charlene appeared quite anxious and ill-at-ease in public, as it she was overly concerned about doing or saying the "wrong" thing. It's sadly ironic that she is now styled "Her Serene Highness".

I realize that there are many cultural differences between Monaco and Japan, (as well as the fact that Japan's Crown Prince is not a playboy)  but I really hope that she does not end up secluded and broken like poor Crown Princess Masako.

Shopaholic

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 11:10:11 AM »
I preferred Kate's. It was just more special, IMO, and she did look extremely happy.

jmarvellous

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 11:11:44 AM »
I really like both dresses for both women.
Unfortunately Charlene's looks really rumpled or ill-fitting in the chest/belly area in many of the photos I saw (and she has some kind of white blobs, maybe flower petals, stuck at the neckline), but if it were more smooth, I'd love it. It's definitely more the kind of thing I could see wearing myself, whereas Kate's was totally formal, cathedral-princess, which was gorgeous, but not for me (I was one of the Pippa's dress fans).

I wasn't familiar with the issues around the Monaco wedding, as I don't usually follow these things in the news, but I can't blame her for looking less than enthused if all that's true.

Jess13

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 05:24:32 PM »
Just a follow up to my original post, there is apparently a possible 2nd new child, yet to be born. And the 1st new one is 18 months old. They have been together for 5 years, so I would be sour on my wedding day too if I found out my soon to be husband had not only cheated on me, but fathered another child, let alone 2?

TeamBhakta

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 05:52:02 PM »
In light of the news that her now husband is being tested as the possible father of a 3rd out of wedlock child, I'd have a bit of a sad or sour expression on my wedding day.

unless the child was fathered during their relationship, i wouldn't think this would affect the bride at all.  if the child was conceived before they began their relationship, no reflection upon her husband and none of her business.  if the child was conceived after their relationship started, i would have a sour expression as well...as i ran away from the palace.

How would that be none of her business ?  ???

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 05:56:01 PM »
I might not expect my husband to be to have been celibate before he met me, but there seems to be something ... careless, in having so many unacknowledged children.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 06:12:46 PM »
If it were a man I was marrying, I'd want to know exactly how many children he had, and that he was supporting them and at least trying to be involved as a father (although I recognise that this is not always possible). This isn't something trivial- these are human lives we are talking about.

NE England

LeveeWoman

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 07:03:11 PM »
I might not expect my husband to be to have been celibate before he met me, but there seems to be something ... careless, in having so many unacknowledged children.

From what I've gathered, he supports them financially.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 07:38:45 PM »

That's not quite the same as being a proper father. Money isn't enough of a contribution from a parent.

gmama

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 08:50:15 PM »
I prefer Kate's and agree with a PP who said Kate "radiated".

Apparently, at Charlene's wedding reception, Naomi Campbell wore a *gasp!* WHITE dress!!  There are some articles on the interent saying she upstaged the bride.

Deetee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 08:53:02 PM »
Just a follow up to my original post, there is apparently a possible 2nd new child, yet to be born. And the 1st new one is 18 months old. They have been together for 5 years, so I would be sour on my wedding day too if I found out my soon to be husband had not only cheated on me, but fathered another child, let alone 2?

I just looked this up on Wikipedia and he has two children, but they are 6 and 19, so predate his relationship Charlene. I can't find any reference to an acknowledged 18 month old, but there is an additional paternity suit pending.

Are there other sources that discuss a child born since his relationsip with Charlene.

LeveeWoman

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 09:06:46 PM »

That's not quite the same as being a proper father. Money isn't enough of a contribution from a parent.

It beats what many get. And, I do not know for a fact that he is not in any way involved in their lives.

Mopsy428

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 09:22:54 PM »
In light of the news that her now husband is being tested as the possible father of a 3rd out of wedlock child, I'd have a bit of a sad or sour expression on my wedding day.

unless the child was fathered during their relationship, i wouldn't think this would affect the bride at all.  if the child was conceived before they began their relationship, no reflection upon her husband and none of her business.  if the child was conceived after their relationship started, i would have a sour expression as well...as i ran away from the palace.

How would that be none of her business ?  ???
There are some things that are none of a spouse's business. However, how many children the other spouse has *would* be one of those things that is the spouse's business to know.