Kate or Charlene's Dress?

Kate's
76 (71.7%)
Charlene's
20 (18.9%)
Neither
10 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Author Topic: Princess Charlene's Dress?  (Read 14187 times)

oogyda

Re: Princess Charlene's Dress?
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2011, 03:57:24 PM »
I love Princess Charlene's Dress.  Gorgous and very unique. 

It's not what we gather along the way that matters.  It's what we scatter.

GeauxTigers

• Runs with scissors
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2011, 04:09:07 PM »
Princess Stephanie is looking so old- I remember when she was amazing and glamorous. Princess Carolyn still looks great.

I didn't want to be the first person to mention this.

She's 45 or 46 - yet looks much older than Caroline. Too much sun? Too much something else? Her eye makeup did not help matters, either.

Back to the bride - I agree that it appears that she may have lost a not-insignificant amount of weight after the final fitting - and satin is an unforgiving fabric.

Now the media are saying that she attempted to flee 3 times - the first time in Paris after a fitting at Armani. The words used were "sought refuge at the South African embassy". After attempt #3, her passport was confiscated and according to Le Journal du Dimanche " an arrangement was reached between the future bride and groom."

Interesting  - the honeymoon destinations include South Africa...

ydpubs

• Has a fine singing voice.
  • Reading the threads here makes me hungry.
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2011, 04:27:23 PM »
I didn't vote ultimately because I liked both dresses equally.  :)
No matter where you go, there you are...

katycoo

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2011, 07:43:10 PM »
Naomi Campbell's dress for the reception, was IMO, entirely inappropriate.

Thoughts?

ydpubs

• Has a fine singing voice.
  • Reading the threads here makes me hungry.
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2011, 08:09:38 PM »
Yes, that dress is very tacky and rude.
No matter where you go, there you are...

Larrabee

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2011, 08:11:17 PM »
Yes, that dress is very tacky and rude.

I expect nothing less from Naomi Campbell!

Shopaholic

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2011, 11:32:14 PM »

I agree that she doesn't look all that happy in most pics, but because I don't know her, I can't tell if it's just the stress of a very public wedding, if she's not normally smiley, or if she really did want to escape.

I totally agree. I think she looks extremely tense before the ceremony, but she loosens up after. There is a nice picture of her and Albert talking together as they walk back up the aisle.

Thoughts?

That dress is horrendous. It's sole purpose is to scream "Look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
The fact that it's white bothers me less, because a lot of guests wore light colors, including Princess Stephanie and Princess Victoria, I think.

I have another O/T question: why is Prince Edward wearing white military regalia? I noticed that most, if not all, of the royal men wore white - but Edward has always been one to prefer regular clothes to uniforms, including at his own wedding, and recently at William's. I really don't remember any recent event where he wore uniform, especially not white - I didn't even know that there were white uniforms in the British army.

BabylonSister

• Shake it!
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2011, 11:40:20 PM »
I love the little bridesmaids and their outfits are adorable.

They're wearing traditional Provençal costume (or it might be the costume from Nice. Heaven help those who say Nice is in Provence.)
[...]
I agree that she doesn't look all that happy in most pics, but because I don't know her, I can't tell if it's just the stress of a very public wedding, if she's not normally smiley, or if she really did want to escape.

I think she's just not a very smiley person, from pics I've seen of her before. That's a shame. She's a beautiful woman and she looks even better with a smile. I hope she's happy --smile or not-- and I hope they can make their marriage work.

And I loved the neckline on her dress. I'm not a huge fan of strapless wedding dresses. Maybe she and Princess Catherine can help put a bit more variety in necklines or bring back sleeves.  ;)

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2011, 11:46:15 PM »

Thoughts?

I think Kam's avatar says it all for me.

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2011, 09:15:26 AM »
Ok, I know that if you take a bunch of pictures you get some bad ones, but is picture 23 the most awkward kiss ever?

I've seen other photos by other photographers of that kiss, and they're all awkward. It just seems as if she's straining so hard.

As to the musician's outfit. Totally inappropriate. jI've never heard of this guy and will have to look him up. He could have at least shown up with a tie and taken it off for the performance.

Princess Stephanie is looking so old- I remember when she was amazing and glamorous. Princess Carolyn still looks great.

I thought likewise about Princess Stephanie.  She's 8 years younger than Caroline.  I remember when she was a teenager, out having a grand time.   C'est la vie!

PS, my heart belongs to Diana's dress.  It was lovely for such a young bride.

missmolly

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2011, 10:09:39 AM »

Thoughts?

I think Kam's avatar says it all for me.

That kind of outfit would make a showgirl shake her head. It's bad enough she wears such a tasteless cut dress, but in white?
"Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out". Chekhov.

Flora Louise

• Nothing like champagne for a champagne occasion.
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2011, 10:42:02 AM »
And some people think soap operas are far-fetched. It's "Dynasty" revisited.
Just because you're disappointed in me doesn't mean I did anything wrong.

cbcb

• Canadian living in the US
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
See, my feeling is that her dress offers a minimum of objects to be hurled in anger, which can only be a plus. Unless those green decorations are detachable, then everyone watch out.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2011, 12:06:46 PM »

I didn't want to be the first person to mention this.

She's 45 or 46 - yet looks much older than Caroline. Too much sun? Too much something else? Her eye makeup did not help matters, either.

A lot of fairly rough living, I think.

If it were a man I was marrying, I'd want to know exactly how many children he had, and that he was supporting them and at least trying to be involved as a father (although I recognise that this is not always possible). This isn't something trivial- these are human lives we are talking about.

This so very much.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2011, 12:35:04 PM »

Thoughts?

Fur in the summer?