Kate or Charlene's Dress?

Kate's
76 (71.7%)
Charlene's
20 (18.9%)
Neither
10 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Author Topic: Princess Charlene's Dress?  (Read 14737 times)

Flora Louise

• Nothing like champagne for a champagne occasion.
Re: Princess Charlene's Dress?
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2011, 01:43:32 PM »
Did anyone see Zara Phillips' dress? I thought she looked radiant but I know her choice of dress has been criticised.

http://www.fashiontonights.com/zara-phillips-wedding-dress-photos.html
Just because you're disappointed in me doesn't mean I did anything wrong.

Larrabee

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2011, 01:49:22 PM »
Did anyone see Zara Phillips' dress? I thought she looked radiant but I know her choice of dress has been criticised.

I thought she looked lovely, but I get the feeling that Zara Phillips isn't somebody who would get overly excited about wedding dresses and so on, she always looks more comfortable in riding gear!

She did however look really happy, as did her husband.  I'm no royalist but I've always liked Princess Anne and her children, maybe because I get the impression that they aren't really royalists either!

Flora Louise

• Nothing like champagne for a champagne occasion.
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2011, 02:57:22 PM »
I do hope we get to see Zara compete at the Olympics.  She seems like a fun person. 
Just because you're disappointed in me doesn't mean I did anything wrong.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2011, 03:22:27 PM »
I hope so, too. I'd like to go out for drinks with the royal grandkids. In general, they seem like a fun bunch.

I saw one picture of Zara where it was just amazing how much she looked like her mother.

I liked her dress. The band at the bottom wasn't my taste, but she seemed so happy. Yay for happy brides!
The status is not quo!

yokozbornak

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »

I think her dress is gorgeous!

Starchasm

• And the mome raths outgrabe.
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2011, 05:23:30 PM »

Ugh, the first two pictures make it look like a wrinkled bridesmaids dress, but the picture from the shade shows some really nice satin highlights that makes it look a lot more elegant.  I'd like to see better pictures before I pass final judgment, but the silhouette doesn't really do a lot for me.

Kate's dress was the ULTIMATE, in my opinion.  ;D  And I don't even usually like ballgowns.  Princess Charlene's dress just looked ill-fitting to me.  That center seam was strange, and it bunched in all the wrong places.  She has SUCH a nice figure, and it looked like she was wearing a sack!

I'm really sad about the 'escape' attempts.  If she wants to get out, I hope she manages to stay in SA.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2011, 07:37:08 PM »
I liked the top of Zara's dress, especially the shoulders, but I thought the skirt looked frumpy and wrinkled.

AppleBlossom

« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2011, 07:37:18 PM »

The geometric tiara was the perfect choice for Zara and her bouquet was gorgeous. I think the dress was very fussy and ordinary, considering Zara's usual sleek style. The tulle straps were too fussy, the waistline made her waist and hips look bigger, and the tacked-on hem looked sloppy. As you say though, she looked radiant. Zara and her groom would be the most fun royals to go to the pub with.

Shopaholic

« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2011, 11:21:51 PM »
I thought it was boring, but Zara's never been a big fashionista. She knows what looks good on her, and that dress fit her perfectly.
I don't like the additional band on the bottom, nor do I like those kind of sleeves, which I guess were meant to slim down her shoulders.
I loved her tiara and hair and make up. She almost always looks fantastic in my opinion (except when she goes for shiny), maybe it's the fact that she always seems to be enjoying herself so much.

All the royal ladies looked great, except maybe for Autumn Phillips - that coat was very boxy and made her look older.