Author Topic: Missing Buddy/Ignore List Option  (Read 3410 times)

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
Missing Buddy/Ignore List Option
« on: July 02, 2011, 10:52:31 PM »
Underneath my "Modify Profile" button, I have all of the options in the drop down menu that I should have, except no "Buddy/Ignore List" that others seem to have. The last option I have is "Personal Messaging." At least one other person has reported missing this option as well.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 10:56:17 PM by Shores »
Wherever you go.... there you are.

C0mputerGeek

• C0mputerGeek
Re: Missing Buddy/Ignore List Option
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 10:55:22 PM »
Underneath my "Modify Profile" button, I have all of the options in the drop down menu that I should have, expect no "Buddy/Ignore List" that others seem to have. The last option I have is "Personal Messaging." At least one other person has reported missing this option as well.

Yes, it was there earlier but now it's gone.

Jess13

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 11:20:20 PM »
I'm missing this too.

Veronica

• Super Hero!
  • the Patron Saint of Judgmental Statues
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 01:06:16 AM »
I'm also missing it.

Florida

Akarui Kibuno

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 01:38:03 AM »
Ah, same here, but I can guarantee it was there for me when the forum came back (I even posted a thread about fonts in this folder) .
My FB rants blog (English) - My personal site (French)
A click on one of the ads every so often would help a lot if possible. Thank you <3 .

katycoo

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 08:48:15 PM »
I'm missing it too.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 10:20:07 PM »
Me too!  Where is it????

furrcats

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 10:28:33 PM »
Me ether ?

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 10:29:31 PM »
I reported my own post in hopes that Ehelldame will see it quicker. :D
Wherever you go.... there you are.

Luci45

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 10:32:44 PM »
I'm waiting, too.

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 09:52:42 AM »
also missing it.
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »

Here is the scoop on the Buddy/Ignore List.   It is currently disabled for now.   In the earlier Release Candidate versions, members could ignore moderators which did not make a whole lot of admins and moderators very happy.  I'm not sure yet if that has been corrected in the final version and recent tests seem to indicate it has not so I disabled it until another solution could be implemented.    Seen other forums where members could ignore moderators/admins and that's not happening here. 

It may be that I enable the feature with a stern warning that when I run logs and catch anyone putting a moderator or admin on ignore , it's an automatic banning from the forum. 

Akarui Kibuno

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 01:03:34 PM »

Here is the scoop on the Buddy/Ignore List.   It is currently disabled for now.   In the earlier Release Candidate versions, members could ignore moderators which did not make a whole lot of admins and moderators very happy.  I'm not sure yet if that has been corrected in the final version and recent tests seem to indicate it has not so I disabled it until another solution could be implemented.    Seen other forums where members could ignore moderators/admins and that's not happening here. 

It may be that I enable the feature with a stern warning that when I run logs and catch anyone putting a moderator or admin on ignore , it's an automatic banning from the forum.

A friend and I tested the feature when it was active to answer the question of what would happen in threads, would we still see the posts, things like that... I think the only problem the function would pause with the mods would be that with the default aspect of the Ignore list, one cannot PM someone who ignores you. However, apparently you can make it so that the people you ignore can still PM you.

Also, it does not make posts disappear, you can still click them... so I think the "make this a bannable offense" route would be fine especially for E-Hell.
My FB rants blog (English) - My personal site (French)
A click on one of the ads every so often would help a lot if possible. Thank you <3 .