Author Topic: Another postcard of chimpanzees! UPDATE WITH PICTURE #105  (Read 5170 times)

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
Another postcard of chimpanzees! UPDATE WITH PICTURE #105
« on: July 04, 2011, 06:12:26 PM »
EHellions, I need some help!

1) My sister's birthday is coming up at the end of July

2) She's got a great sense of humor

3) She loves this song ("Another Postcard" by Barenaked Ladies)

4) I have an evil idea.

So the song is about how the singer is getting strange anonymous postcards from around the world, all with pictures of monkeys on them, and he's going crazy trying to figure out what's going on.  And I thought to myself, "Self, you 'know' a lot of people from all over the place via eHell.  And via the "Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange" thread, several eHellions have assured me that monkey postcards are not strictly an American thing."

My request: would any of you be willing to send an anonymous monkey postcard to my sister?   >:D  If so, please post here or PM me and I will PM you her address.  If those of you who are non-USians want an additional bribe, I'm more than happy to send you a bit of American patriotic kitch if you give me your address too  ;D  I'm envisioning my sister getting a rash of unexplained monkey postcards during the rest of the month, then I'll let her in on the secret on her birthday.  (Probably including some chimpanzee-themed present . . .)

Absolutely no pressure or anything, and I hope it's not against the rules to ask this here, but I think the collective awesomeness that would result from unexplained monkey postcards is just too cool to pass up   8)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:35:40 AM by Slartibartfast »

MerryCat

This sounds awesome! I hope you sister enjoys the postcards. I'd be glad to send her one from Canada, if you PM me her address.

sugar pie

This is hilarious. It reminds me of Flat Stanley.

NestHolder

Heh.  Sounds like fun - let me know the address by PM?

kitkatswing

Sounds like a great idea.. Im heading to our local market tomorow so will see if I can find a monkey postcard (Melbourne, Australia) :)

jayhawk

• my organizing website
We're traveling this week, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for a monkey postcard!

One Goat to Rule Them All

I'm in! I don't know if I'll be able to find a monkey postcard, but I could certainly tape a picture of a monkey to a postcard to make it look like it was in the picture!

Is it supposed to be a certain type of monkey, or will any kind do?

Carnation

• Super Hero!
I'm in!

:D

Carnation

• Super Hero!
I'm in! I don't know if I'll be able to find a monkey postcard, but I could certainly tape a picture of a monkey to a postcard to make it look like it was in the picture!

Is it supposed to be a certain type of monkey, or will any kind do?

You could always cut the back off a greeting card and fill out the reverse like a postcard.

Silversurfer

Slartibartfast, could i really crush the bounds of etiquette and say i will do it in exchange for a twinkie? Ever since seeing Zombieland, i have wanted a twinkie. Never had one, never seen one. Pretty Please?

SheltieMom

When my brother turned 40, I decided that one card wasn't enough to celebrate that milestone. I bought a bunch of birthday cards, and had my husband's aunt address the cards. From February to November, I gave cards to anyone I knew who was traveling anywhere. He got cards (all unsigned) from as far away as Spain, Latvia, and Alaska. (We're in Texas.) It was great fun!
Send me her address, and I'll look for a postcard tomorrow.
If Timmy had had a Sheltie, he never would have fallen in that well!

Luci

• Super Hero!
If northern Illinois is exotic enough, send me the address.

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
Someone from the netherlands here, and there are waaay enough monkey cards which I can get here. :) I think that getting one from so far away will add to the freakyness! :) And tell me what kind of thing I will need to write in the card in the pm, okay?

Miss Unleaded

Brilliant idea!   ;D  Assuming I can find one, I'll send one from Sweden. 

When is the deadline?

amandaelizabeth

• Amanda's home based ece
Yes I am in although it may have to be a sheep monkeying around.  Send me her address