Author Topic: eHell flat Stanley. UPDATE pg7 post 96  (Read 5786 times)

kckgirl

Re: eHell flat stanley?
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 06:06:07 AM »
I can't participate by snail mail because I get so busy I forget to do things, like go to the post office, etc. I wouldn't want somebody waiting on me to get my act together, so it's just best that I don't play via snail mail. I wish I lived somewhere a little more exotic, but alas, I do not.
Maryland

hot_shaker

• Super Hero!
  • Friendly EHell Crank
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 06:49:54 AM »
I can't participate by snail mail because I get so busy I forget to do things, like go to the post office, etc. I wouldn't want somebody waiting on me to get my act together, so it's just best that I don't play via snail mail. I wish I lived somewhere a little more exotic, but alas, I do not.

Ah, yes, I understand.  While I would prefer the mail version of the game, I can promise whoever's after me that FS will spend at least a couple of weeks riding around in the back seat of my car.  :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trust me, I'm a scientist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raised on the East Coast,
living in the Mid-West.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 07:29:40 AM »
Should there first be a contest to create the flat character?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 07:33:05 AM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Cat blog
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 07:58:28 AM »
I couldn't do the snail mail version (I'm awful at posting on time) but I'd be very interested in the online one.

Kasia_Kiwi

• Yarn for the Road
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 09:07:28 AM »
Sounds like good fun, I'm in. Although I will not be chasing down any moose or polar bears :P.
Read about my time in scotland: http://yarnfortheroad.wordpress.com/

sugar pie

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 10:41:56 AM »
Should there first be a contest to create the flat character?

Eee! That would be loads of fun! If people want to come up with something, they can post them here and we can create a poll.

And I definitely think we should have an online one running concurrently with the snail mail version (I love getting things in the mail. It's a small pleasure.  :P)

Kasia_Kiwi

• Yarn for the Road
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2011, 10:48:58 AM »
Oh a character-build contest; count me in. If we're snail-mailing should there be guidelines for size and weight? I'm not sure how the original thing worked.
Read about my time in scotland: http://yarnfortheroad.wordpress.com/

sugar pie

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2011, 10:56:27 AM »
Oh a character-build contest; count me in. If we're snail-mailing should there be guidelines for size and weight? I'm not sure how the original thing worked.

Usually it is somewhere in the realm of 6-10 inches and the thickness of a standard piece of cardboard.

sugar pie

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2011, 11:08:46 AM »
Sounds like good fun, I'm in. Although I will not be chasing down any moose or polar bears :P.

I had my fair share of moose when I lived in Alaska. They used to fall asleep on my driveway and make me late for school.  >:(

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2011, 11:56:56 AM »

I had my fair share of moose when I lived in Alaska. They used to fall asleep on my driveway and make me late for school.  >:(
I stepped out the door for work one day and there was a huge stag in the yard.  He would have made me late for work but I scared him more than he scared me, so he ran like heck. 
He looked like Bambi's father and gets bigger and more majestic every time I think about him.
Everyone has deer in their yards around here but we live smack dab in the middle of town. 
Wish I had a picture.  He would have made a great backdrop for flat whomever.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:00:17 PM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2011, 12:33:51 PM »

We'd grab a hatchet and a coal shovel and bang them together. Horrid sound, but the moose would flee.

Also, I'm in.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2011, 03:02:58 PM »
I'm game!
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

behindbj

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2011, 03:11:06 PM »
Count me in, as well!

behindbj

Millicent

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
This sounds like fun!

I would love to participate. I can do snail mail. As long as I do it right away.  :)

I'm in NYC.

Shiraz_Much?

• formerly celtic1973
  • Good wine is a necessity of life for me -Jefferson
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2011, 03:51:05 PM »
Sounds fun.  I have no moose or polar bears...lol...but will be fun anyway.

New York
My soul is adrift in oceans of madness - Disturbed

Wine is sunlight, held together by water! - Galileo Gallilei