Author Topic: eHell flat Stanley. UPDATE pg7 post 96  (Read 6041 times)

wyozozo

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
Re: eHell flat stanley? UPDATE pg.4
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2011, 12:40:04 PM »
Knowing the Atlanta eHellions, Flat Stanley will be pictured next to many glasses of wine :)  I have no artistic talent, but a Flat Dresser Queen might also be a fun one - she must travel with a flat dresser & each participating eHellion with a dresser must also submit a pic of her with their own dresser   >:D
Except that would leave out my soldier...which is fine btw.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2011, 12:46:39 PM »
There is Aunt Etty    http://www.etiquettehell.com/images/Cast/AuntEtty.jpg   She was previously known as Aunt Fifi but she's been resurrected as Aunt Etty.  I'm just tossing her into the possibility pool as an image that can be used but feel free to design your own. 

In addition to photos of ehell's flat Stanley with area attractions, it might be amusing to have photos of an ehell flat Stanley "observing" an ongoing faux pas....like a car double parked or shopping carts left for others to return, etc.    Guessing what the faux pas is in the photo could be interesting.

If I can facilitate this in some way, let me know.  Ticia often does the graphic images for the site and I can arrange to have her design a suitable flat Stanley which I can host on the site.  Games like this have such great potential to bring pleasure, delight and fun to people so I'm all for that!

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2011, 12:47:12 PM »
Knowing the Atlanta eHellions, Flat Stanley will be pictured next to many glasses of wine :)  I have no artistic talent, but a Flat Dresser Queen might also be a fun one - she must travel with a flat dresser & each participating eHellion with a dresser must also submit a pic of her with their own dresser   >:D

Dresser pic only required when a dresser is available.  She needs touristy pics too.  Flat Dresser Queen needs to travel - no one can stand to be around her for too long if she stays in one place  ;D

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

sugar pie

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2011, 01:07:47 PM »
There is Aunt Etty    http://www.etiquettehell.com/images/Cast/AuntEtty.jpg   She was previously known as Aunt Fifi but she's been resurrected as Aunt Etty.  I'm just tossing her into the possibility pool as an image that can be used but feel free to design your own. 

In addition to photos of ehell's flat Stanley with area attractions, it might be amusing to have photos of an ehell flat Stanley "observing" an ongoing faux pas....like a car double parked or shopping carts left for others to return, etc.    Guessing what the faux pas is in the photo could be interesting.

If I can facilitate this in some way, let me know.  Ticia often does the graphic images for the site and I can arrange to have her design a suitable flat Stanley which I can host on the site.  Games like this have such great potential to bring pleasure, delight and fun to people so I'm all for that!

That is...brilliant.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2011, 01:29:23 PM »
I love the idea of Flat Fifi!
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Ashaela

« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2011, 01:38:05 PM »
I think this is a super idea, and would love to take part!  (Austin, TX)
Hooray, it's raining!

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2011, 01:56:44 PM »

I love the idea of a flat Aunt Fifi/Etty. I am definitely into doing it digitally; but will have to think about snail mail. I really really want to; but like other posters i am not so good at getting things into the mail  :-[

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

sugar pie

« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2011, 01:57:35 PM »
You don't have to commit to snail mail right away. If you feel like jumping in later, just let me know!

PurpleFrog

« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2011, 05:08:18 PM »
I'd love to play too, the snail mail version gets my vote.  ;D
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

Iris

« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2011, 06:52:17 PM »
I've already said I'd love to play but I'm voting for digital, simply because it takes mail so darn long to get to Australia and back. Also, as I've mentioned, eHell is very much a school holiday indulgence for me and I barely keep in contact during term, so timing would be an issue for me.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

lipli

« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2011, 09:18:58 PM »
First, I'm in. Atlanta.

Second, how about this for the snail mail idea - a thank you card.  It would be small enough to mail with standard postage and ever so appropriate.  Plus, all of us who participate in the snail mail could sign it.  Although, a fist fight might break out on who keeps it. ;)

lipli

« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2011, 09:23:25 PM »

No it wouldn't.  He could take it next to his footlocker.  :)  Trying to be as inclusive as possible!

sevenday

« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2011, 10:22:36 PM »
I'd be happy to join.  I do have a couple of suggestions.

1) call it Snowy (for Snowflake) instead of Stanley? :D
2) make it small enough to fit in a bubble envelope for easy/cheap mailing
3) make the tchotchkes that you send on be something small and light. I suggest postcards from your locale.  Whoever gets the envelope can choose to keep the postcard as a souvenir/kudos for participating, or leave it in the envelope to pass on?

sugar pie

« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2011, 11:35:35 PM »
Mini-update:

So far more than 20 people spanning the globe have sent me their addresses. Even if no one else signs up, this is going to be one well traveled little cardboard person! I'm really pleased so many people are interested. Also, I just wanted to reassure everyone who has sent me an address that I copied them to a separate file on my computer and deleted them from my PMs. I know I get a little paranoid with info on the net so I just wanted everyone to feel safe and secure with sending me personal information.  :)

I think what we've settled on for those playing the snail mail version is each person will include some small token from their area, like a bumper sticker, post card, etc in the envelope with our traveling mascot.

As far as pictures go, some really great ideas have been thrown around here. Taking pictures with landmarks, faux pas, or dressers are all brilliant, but don't feel limited. Once we've got our little person out there, a Tumbler blog will be set up so people can post the pictures directly to that as well as a little blurb. Those who will be doing online only can print out their own mascot and post pictures there as well.

Remember, if you'd like to submit a character design for consideration, please post it here by Friday the 15th so we can vote on it and choose a name.

SiotehCat

Re: eHell flat stanley? UPDATE pg.4,6
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2011, 12:02:52 AM »
Will there be some kind of schedule made? And how much time will each person get with Flat Stanley?