News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 17, 2018, 04:17:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Etiquette of dealing with a trespasser  (Read 6199 times)

JoyinVirginia

Re: Etiquette of dealing with a trespasser
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 09:07:31 PM »
I think you were very nice. I wouldn't have opened the door. I would have called the non emergency number and reported a prowler, but I live by myself.
I would have called the emergency number first thing. Sometimes thieves check out the neighborhood to see what houses are occupied, who keeps a look out, who has a dog that barks, etc.

MasterofSquirrels

• hi.
Re: Etiquette of dealing with a trespasser
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 10:27:23 PM »
i have 3 noise makers that would prevent anyone from getting too close to my house..   ;D
they are Sydney, Dallas, and Sam respectively.

but should that not deter someone, i have a bunch of guns.. mine is pink... it's pretty! i live in such a rural area that the police would be called only to clean up a mess. though we have a non-emergency number, it wouldn't help.

my mom has had to call before.. (she lives in civilization) and a patrol car was sent around... she felt better.

funny story! when me and my sis were kids, we played hide and seek with some neighborhood kids. the police were called because of a reported prowler in the area... well.. 6 kids dressed in all black being sneaky could look creepy. after that, we stayed well away from a certain neighbor's yard. the police i think found it funny, but they were most stern!