Author Topic: What little things MAKE your day?!  (Read 23538 times)

turtleIScream

Re: What little things MAKE your day?!
« Reply #390 on: July 31, 2013, 01:55:05 PM »
Finding that one of my very favorite books as a young child is now available on Amazon (it had been out of print for many years). I bought three, so now I have one, and both of my kids have their own copy to cherish.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #391 on: July 31, 2013, 08:02:47 PM »
Looking out the window at sunrise or sunset and seeing beautiful, puffy clouds that look like they've been painted by Maxfield Parrish.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #392 on: August 02, 2013, 02:04:43 AM »
A car repair that came in UNDER the estimate.

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #393 on: August 02, 2013, 10:22:45 PM »
Finding an appropriate thread in which to post my story  :).

While driving though my neighborhood today, I passed a house where four children (5-7) were playing “baseball” in the yard.  There was a batter, a runner on first, a pitcher, and a catcher.  Thus, the pitcher was serving as the entire infield (there was no need for an outfield).  Whatever happened in the game, the little pitcher guy had to deal with it. 

As I watched, the catcher tossed the ball to the pitcher, missing him by several feet.  The runner advanced to second.  The pitcher picked up the ball and threw it to second base, as if there were a second base player.  It looked like he’d seen pitchers on TV do this and figured it was the right thing to do.  He looked a little surprised when the ball landed with a plop on the ground.  The runner scooped up the ball, gently lobbed it back to the pitcher, and then ran like hell to third base (a distance of about eight feet).

It made my day to see these cute kids having a joyous time on a beautiful afternoon.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:28:32 PM by CrazyDaffodilLady »
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #394 on: August 02, 2013, 10:35:54 PM »
The funny and sweet things my kids do.  Today I was out on an errand with my two younger boys since the eldest was at a friend's house.  Pirateboy2 really dotes on the Piratebabe so he insisted on carrying the little guy into Target and it was rather sweet to see the little one with his arms wrapped around his brother with his head on his shoulder and smiling while seeing Pirateboy2 also  smiling. :)

The little guy also loves to "sing" so he'll hear a song on either the radio, computer or cell phone and he'll do his best to lip sync to it.  It cracks us up, especially when I play "Strangers in the Night" and with the way he moves, he truly looks like he's serenading someone.  One of these days I hope I'll be able to get it on my camera. I've tried, but everytime I pull out my camera he stops and runs towards it and wants to see.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #395 on: August 02, 2013, 10:46:58 PM »
Root beer, Tacos, and Monopoly, all enjoyed with DH on the last day of his vacation.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #396 on: August 02, 2013, 11:09:25 PM »
New nail polish. $2 or $3 and I get a whole new way to express myself. Today I bought violet.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #397 on: August 02, 2013, 11:51:40 PM »
Yesterday my granddaughter brought over her two children to visit for a while.  I loved it!  I don't see the little ones often because everyone is so busy with their lives, working, going to school and so forth.  It made my day.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

dawnfire

« Reply #398 on: August 03, 2013, 06:03:21 AM »
*It's winter here. So the first daffodil of the season, which means to me spring isn't too far off

*A dog I see being walked in a nearby park. He reminds me of my first dog. 

*cuddles from my toddler, particularly the first cuddle of the day

jmarvellous

« Reply #399 on: August 03, 2013, 10:37:46 AM »
Hot air balloons.  I've always dreamed of going up in one, and today I came as close as I bet I ever will -- we attended a 6-balloon launch at dawn and got to see every little bit up close.  So cool!!!

Oh, and as silly as this sounds, good goodbyes. We are moving away after 10 years here, many of which I doubted that anyone liked me at all. It's sweet to think anyone will miss me enough to have a CAKE and PARTY to say goodbye.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #400 on: August 03, 2013, 10:45:25 PM »
I'm an abysmally slow runner (13 minute miles) and in years past when I ran with friends, they'd inevitably get tired of sticking to my pace and took off without me. It wasn't a lot of fun afterwards hearing about how much fun they had and "Wow, mbbored, you said you were slow, but I had no idea you were that slow!" After a few rounds of that, I've always insisted on running by myself.

However, a new group of friends convinced me to sign up for a 5K with them and swore up and down we'd stick together. Today after the first time I fell behind, the fastest runner (8 minute miler) immediately noticed and declared me to be the pace setter. We stuck together through the finish line and had the best time on the way.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #401 on: August 03, 2013, 11:05:53 PM »
Looking out the window at sunrise or sunset and seeing beautiful, puffy clouds that look like they've been painted by Maxfield Parrish.
What a lovely image.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Betelnut

« Reply #402 on: August 04, 2013, 10:03:54 AM »
On a really hot day, going to the pool and being able to immediately plunge into water that is the perfect temperature--not too cold and not warm.  Ah!  It feels SOOOO good!
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #403 on: August 04, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »
Digging into the first cantaloupe of the season and finding it one of the best we've tasted in years. 

HotMango

« Reply #404 on: August 04, 2013, 11:52:25 AM »
After dropping my husband off early this Sunday morning at the airport for a business trip, came back to load the cat-puke stained comforter into the washer and sit down at the computer to take my mind off what is sure to be a very stressful work week. Then I hear the cicadas starting up their morning chorus and I'm immediately transported back to my youth of long summer lazy days where I didn't have a care in the world and now I'm immediately relaxed and happy.