Author Topic: and then I woke up... imagined dream scenes  (Read 1175 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
and then I woke up... imagined dream scenes
« on: July 09, 2011, 09:48:46 AM »
My husband and Ma Kettle were on the balcony in the moonlight dancing, and singing "You've Lost That Loving Feeling", and then I woke up.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: and then I woke up... imagined dream scenes
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 12:20:58 PM »
Ooh, We've had weird ones. 

Mr. Thipu has had one that makes us laugh every time we think of it.  He was thinking about the song 'Waltzing Matilda'.  In his dream it became 'Waltzing Hassidim'.  All he could see were men with long beards, large fur hats and black silk knee pants gracefully twirling around the dance floor.

I had one about a cruise ship that was less than perfect.  I was in a sleeping bag on a raw, boilerplate steel floor.  I could hear music below and the call came that it was time for dinner.  I got up, dressed in formal wear and made my way to the stairs.  Before I could get there I had to cross a rope bridge that was open to the sea rushing below. 

The food was excellent and the music was wonderful but, eventually I had to make my way back to the sleeping bag on the steel deck.   

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 11:11:00 PM »
My mother and former stepsister are in litigation over the house my mother owned with my stepfather.

The other night I dreamed I was in that house with former stepsister.  She had some young guys staying there and I was following them around pointing out things they were using belonged to my mother and DEMANDING they put them down. >:(

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 06:20:37 AM »
I cannot work this one out at all.

I was at work but everything was weird. My boss's office kept changing, for a start. There was something about a horse race, and we all had to learn properly how to ride horses and do jumps etc within a day and we had an exam on it?? (I work in a hospital).  There was this weird guy teaching us how to ride and he tried it on with me. I eventually got onto this horse, it turned into a rock and then someone poked me in the stomach area. I woke up feeling MiniHollanda squirm and DF told me it was 2pm. I felt shocked and sat bolt upright thinking we had missed a day's work.  Then I woke up properly and it was 9.25, despite DF waking up and telling me it was 10.45. Now do you understand why I spend my life in perpetual confusion?!?
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 02:12:21 PM »
I'm writing a trilogy right now, but I'm in the middle of the first book.  I have the whole plot outlined for the first book, some general sketches of major plot points for the second book, and just a character or two for the third.  The other night I dreamed up this terrific plot for the third book - would have really provided a good way to ramp up tension throughout the whole series - so I woke up and wrote down as much as I could remember, even though I was starting to forget some bits.

Then I woke up and realized I dreamed about waking up and writing it down, so I don't have any of that great idea other than the vague impression that it was awesome  :'(

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 08:00:49 AM »
I dreamt that I was a flying whale once. I was swimming in a lake in north Europe, but decided it was too cold, so I decided to fly to Italy, by flapping those flippers (which worked) I managed to find my way to the seas south of Italy. At one point I flew past a house and winked at a little boy who was watching me from his bedroom, and he was very excited to see a flying whale.
I woke up as soon as I slid into the warm water. :)

And Slartibartfast, I often have dreams within dreams. I know what it's like. Sometimes it evolves into a lucid dream, where I share dream1 with my husband, realize I'm still dreaming and I'll be telling him 'It's kinda sad that you won't know this next morning, cause I'm still dreaming.' Which is usually the cue to wake up.

purplemuse

• Super Hero!
  • This is going to be super special awesome!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 03:03:21 PM »
I've had the dream within a dream thing as well.

Probably not my weirdest dream, but the weirdest one I can explain without writing a novel (anyone else have dreams with complex backstories?):

For all you Stargate fans-- I dreamed that Tony the Tiger (the Frosted Flakes mascot) was a Goa'uld.

Rohanna

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 03:08:57 PM »
I recently dreamed that I gave birth to quints, and that I hadn't realized I was pregnant (???). My husband now is seriously debating trying for a second kid because he thinks it's a warning....  ;)
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. ~ Jack Layton.

PaintingPastelPrincess

• She of 3 P's
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 03:12:49 PM »
MY BF can't remember what he was dreaming about (I'm guessing ROTC something), but I woke up the other night to find him twirling the pillow and doing a whole routine with it, like I've seen in movies like Major Payne.  It was really interesting to watch lol.

I had a dream that I can't remember, but I work up FURIOUS with him.  Took me all day at work to stop being mad, even though he hadn't done anything in real life.

I also have had dreams about work, except that work was at school and I'd be taking random classes with random coworkers.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 03:16:58 PM »
I had a bizarre dream last night.  I don't remember most of it but I do remember that, somehow, a mama bear and !three! cubs ended up inside my house/apartment.  And there was a fourth cub still outside!

My logical brain was going overtime - it isn't unusual in a litter for there to be twins; triplets are very rare and I've never heard of quads surviving to the running around with mama stage.

I was a little freaked out when I awoke!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

MrTango

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 04:30:34 PM »
I dreamt that I was a flying whale once.

Was there a bowl of petunias as well?  ;)

I frequently have dreams in which I'm driving my old car (A chevy Impala that was totalled in a wreck about 4 years ago).  In my dreams, I'm fully aware that the car's been in a major wreck and probably should be functional, but it never has any problems and gets me where I want to go...

kckgirl

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 04:58:53 PM »
I am on a low carb diet (which seems to be working really well), so I'm avoiding sweets, potatoes, and things made with flour. The other night I was in one of those fabulous bakeries in NYC (bread! pastries! cookies!) and was really tempted to get something, but decided against it because I didn't want to mess up my diet only two weeks in. I was REALLY upset when I woke up and realized it was all a dream and I could have had those goodies with no consequences!
Maryland

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »
I was giving a dinner party with Crispin Glover and I was very, very upset at him. You see, he'd been in charge of the meat course, but had served our guests Spaghetti Bolognese.

So, I dragged him into the kitchen, furiously muttering about what a disgrace this was. He kept trying to tell be that because there was meat in the sauce, it counted, but I was not to be swayed.

"That's PASTA" I whisper-screamed (so the guests wouldn't hear, of course ::) ), while hurling raw mushrooms at him. He dodged the mushrooms, Matrix-style and then pulled a sizeable roast out of his jacket pocket, plated it and said "Fine, if it means that much to you, I'll serve them meat!" while flouncing out of the kitchen.

I have absolutely no idea why this popped into my head, but I about died laughing when I told my fella about it the next morning.
Utah

Kaymyth

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 01:13:02 AM »

For all you Stargate fans-- I dreamed that Tony the Tiger (the Frosted Flakes mascot) was a Goa'uld.

Congratulations, the mental images I got from that one I am going to take to my grave!

I have my share of visits from the Weird Dream Fairy, though the only one that pops immediately to mind is Attack of the Zombie Kittens.  Yes, my brain did this.  Yes, it was hilarious, even when I was immersed in the cutest undead apocalypse ever.  I woke up giggling.

Housemate's dreams are even weirder, though.  She went through a phase of having nightmares about Mr. Myth and I kicking her out of the house for baking too much.  ::)  Now she just has midnight visits from a glam rock star.  She was fully in a state of outrage at this guy drinking milk straight from the carton in our kitchen before she realized that it was David Bowie.

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 09:32:16 AM »
I am on a low carb diet (which seems to be working really well), so I'm avoiding sweets, potatoes, and things made with flour. The other night I was in one of those fabulous bakeries in NYC (bread! pastries! cookies!) and was really tempted to get something, but decided against it because I didn't want to mess up my diet only two weeks in. I was REALLY upset when I woke up and realized it was all a dream and I could have had those goodies with no consequences!

I have a lot of "forbidden food" dreams when I'm dieting. Only it's usually that I've just eaten an entire cheesecake or something and I'm overcome with remorse. Then I get to wake up feeling relieved that I didn't really eat that!
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver