Author Topic: Octomom vs. Kristen Johnston: who was ruder?  (Read 11785 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Octomom vs. Kristen Johnston: who was ruder?
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »
Unfortunately, even "mainstream" media outlets have come to the conclusion that tabloid is where the money is.

And I doubt they just one day thought, "Hey, we haven't heard anything about OM for a while. Call her up, and let's invite her on." OctoMom is, I understand, going to have a reality tv show. This was a publicity tour thing. Probably the networks are somehow connected, and this is an "ad", in effect, for her show.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

MissRose

« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2011, 09:15:13 AM »
I would have no issue with 8 toddlers on a plane but hoping they would have plenty of people to keep an eye on them all (which in Nadya's case it may have not been), plus keep them entertained & fed, etc.  I am sure even the most polite person would break & complain if subjected to someone's constantly noisy kids and forced to say something.   I know I would have a migraine, and would file a complaint with the airline with documented evidence like photos etc

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2011, 11:40:15 AM »
All I can think about is how 8 toddlers on a plane scares me far worse than snakes on a plane.

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2011, 11:01:54 PM »
I think the rude one here is the person at the Today Show that set things up for Sulyaman and her kids to fly at all. The interview should have taken place at Sulyaman's home or at a studio near it.

Well, they were rude - assuming that they put a gun to her head, and forced her to do this. She may well have insisted ("Hey, I get a trip out of this, as well as that lovely, lovely publicity!").

Then they should have declined to interview her. This was a tabloid type interview, IMO. She's not truly newsworthy and a necessity to have her on. No one put a gun to their head to have her on either.

I think the less publicity she gets the better. There are so many things about her and her kids' lives that are troubling that the "Octomom, the woman we love to hate" aspect of the news coverage is distasteful to me.

Well, people love to hate a different person now (no names mentioned ::))   Octomom is yesterday's news. :P

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2011, 11:18:41 PM »
All I can think about is how 8 toddlers on a plane scares me far worse than snakes on a plane.

It sounds like one of those rare sequels that is actually scarier than the original.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

Flora Louise

• Nothing like champagne for a champagne occasion.
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2011, 10:33:35 AM »
Mrs. JWine, that photo is precious. It reminds me of the comedian who did a bit about being five years old.

"You never have a bad hair day when you are five. You wake up with your hair standing on end and you say, 'I slept in my bathing suit, and I feel GREAT!' "   ; :D

Just because you're disappointed in me doesn't mean I did anything wrong.

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2011, 10:45:51 AM »
Mrs. JWine, that photo is precious. It reminds me of the comedian who did a bit about being five years old.

"You never have a bad hair day when you are five. You wake up with your hair standing on end and you say, 'I slept in my bathing suit, and I feel GREAT!' "   ; :D

That's hilarious! When does ridiculous hair go from being cute to being completely unglamorous?

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

Just Lori

• USA
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »
Unfortunately, even "mainstream" media outlets have come to the conclusion that tabloid is where the money is.

And I doubt they just one day thought, "Hey, we haven't heard anything about OM for a while. Call her up, and let's invite her on." OctoMom is, I understand, going to have a reality tv show. This was a publicity tour thing. Probably the networks are somehow connected, and this is an "ad", in effect, for her show.

Perhaps the networks notice an appreciable jump in their ratings when they interview these tabloid types.

Seriously, if people would quit watching this junk and feeding into the machine, we'd be blessedly free of many of these attention seekers.  But we're fascinated by train wrecks.  You don't see a reality show about a quiet family of four, whose children sometimes act out but who are usually pretty well-behaved, and whose parents tend to agree on most things and keep their disagreements private.  I doubt it would sell.

General Jinjur

• This is serious business!
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2011, 07:34:35 AM »

That's hilarious! When does ridiculous hair go from being cute to being completely unglamorous?

Maybe she'll become an emo singer and won't need to change a thing.