Author Topic: I知 sorry....I think I misheard you?  (Read 22138 times)

P-p-p-penguin

• Crazy... but that's how it goes
Re: I知 sorry....I think I misheard you?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 08:19:27 PM »
He left a message to the effect that I was a stupid selfish lady dog and that he had given me the chance to do the right thing without it costing me and now it will.

How, exactly, does he think that you aren't doing the right thing by risking your house for him?!  I am absolutely mind-boggled at his request, but even more so at his response!

This is one of these times where the request is so outrageous it's actually humorous.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 10:17:03 PM »
Wow!  He's a bit presumptive isn't he?  Just keep repeating no.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 10:34:21 PM »
Please, please contact the credit reporting agencies and have your credit locked down so that you get an alert any time there is any activity whatsoever. Better yet, sign on with Lifelock or a similar agency to protect yourself. It's much easier to prevent credit fraud than it is to fix it. And if he continues to contact you, I only have two words for you: protective order.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Lynda_34

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 10:56:09 PM »
Consult a lawyer, make sure he has no claim.

When I was divorcing I made sure he signed everything over to me free and clear. 

There are agreements where the ex wife/mother of the children can live in the house (and pay all the bills until the youngest child turns 18) and then the ex dad can force a sale and get half of the equity.  Protect yourself.

Good luck.

EMuir

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 10:59:42 PM »
Yeah I'd double check your credit and ask a lawyer how to make sure he can't use your home in any way. 

What an idiot he is!  And a bully by the sounds of it.

Ms_Shell

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 11:05:45 PM »
Yeah I'd double check your credit and ask a lawyer how to make sure he can't use your home in any way. 

What an idiot he is!  And a bully by the sounds of it.

I think that might be a good idea, just to make sure that there aren't any crazy loopholes that he can exploit.  It couldn't hurt just to check. 
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker

HorseFreak

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 11:23:30 PM »
Please, please contact the credit reporting agencies and have your credit locked down so that you get an alert any time there is any activity whatsoever. Better yet, sign on with Lifelock or a similar agency to protect yourself. It's much easier to prevent credit fraud than it is to fix it. And if he continues to contact you, I only have two words for you: protective order.

Clark Howard has some great advice about freezing your credit- it's free and better than Lifelock.

Cuddlepie

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 11:25:53 PM »
I appreciate the practical advice as there is sometimes some aspect to a situation that one can稚 predict and other people sharing from experience can help avoid a problem.  So thank you again everyone.  Must mention though that I do not live in the USA.

A little BG:   <There was a legal agreement at the time of our divorce that this house would be mine (ex had title to another property) but that the bank loan and title would remain in both our names until such time as I could obtain a new loan in my name only.  (At the time of divorce I was not earning enough to qualify for a loan, although I paid the repayments by scrimping and saving like you would not believe.)  I obtained a small mortgage and had my husband痴 name removed from the title about 7 or 8 years ago.  Ex痴 signed all the appropriate forms that were required. >   End BG

Unfortunately, Ex has tried a couple of other silly stunts.  Fortunately, they did not succeed either.  He is good for a belly laugh, if nothing els! >:D    I am taking the advice to speak to my lawyer and have recorded the phone message to leave with my lawyer for safe keeping just in case.

(Reading your responses have certainly lightened my mood it痴 nice to have support from all around the world)  Hugs to you all.

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 11:29:38 PM »
Ok, this just begs another question, what happened to his other property and why can't he use that for collateral ??

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

Cuddlepie

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 11:34:16 PM »
( OP here)   Oooops!  Sorry.  Other house was sold because he could not keep up the repayments. 

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 11:38:18 PM »
Will wonders never cease. I was thinking that may be the case.

[thinking something mighty sarcastic about your EX right now, about just how good his word is................. after all - He wont do it to YOU- Your house is guaranteed ...... He will make all the payments.... Yeh right ]

gingerzing

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 01:54:49 PM »
Well, charming as he is.  I would have also gone with the other phrase "And why would I want to do that?"  Well, it would take a while since I would be laughing so hard to begin with. 
Another bit would be "After discussing it with my lawyer,  which he advised me <insert lawyer sounding stuff of "what a stupid idea">, so no."

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 02:08:49 PM »
And hey, Condolences on the Loss of your Dad <<<Hugs>>>

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 02:10:44 PM »
Wait? You have been divorced over 8 years and he thinks that you should be helping him out? I figured that maybe you were divorced a year or less so he might think to lean on you since he is used to that but 8 years later?? Shouldn't he be at the part where he doesn't contact you for anything anymore?

That Anime Chick

• Rumble Ball!
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 06:03:46 PM »
That's about as insane as my ex wanting me to help him pay for his flight to another country so he could meet his new future wife. I laughed so hard I cried and wet my pants. When I was done I gave him some unehell like advice and don't talk to him ever. Heck, I didn't even tell him that I'd put our cat down a few years ago (well, mine in the divorce). I don't talk to him unless it's absolutely necessary. He's one chapter in my life I don't care to revisit.
http://tinyurl.com/5vuusz Thanks for helping my cute lil dragon grow up. Please help my hatchlings and egg? Please?? ^_^