Author Topic: I知 sorry....I think I misheard you?  (Read 21953 times)

shiksagoddess

• Stop me before I volunteer again!
Re: I知 sorry....I think I misheard you?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 04:56:46 PM »
Persistent little jerk, isn't he?

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 05:25:46 PM »
Persistent little jerk, isn't he?

PLJ, for short.  :)

rain

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 09:32:01 PM »
 (forshadowing)  Earlier today I told DH about the OPs ex's requests.  My DH could not believe it - his response was "Who does that!?" 

My DS has been at my ex's for two weeks & I went to pick him up this evening (we meet half between our homes).  Ex & DS were at inexpensive sit down restaurant.  I get there and am supprised to see that they're not waiting for me in the parkinglot.  I go inside & discover that ex's debit card has been declined & ex asks me (in front of DS) to cover it & he'll pay me back.  If DS hadn't been there I wouldn't have done it. 

I know, not as bad as the OP's ex; but ex used to do this type of stuff all the time...next time I'm leaving the credit cards home & saying "I'm afraid that won't be possible"
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

Cuddlepie

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 07:49:41 AM »
Dear o dear !  My Ex, otherwise known as the Persistent Little Jerk  is living up to his Hell reputation.

Today I received a letter from his solicitors asking that I sign papers regarding Ex痴 request as soon as possible.*     I gather from this letter that they are under the impression that the loan on my house and title are still in both mine and my ex痴 names.

My dilemma is which way to mess with the ex  >:D

1.    Ignore the letter because it is never going to be *possible .   This will cost ex $痴 as the solicitor will write another letter.
2.    Reply saying that I will not be signing anything.  This approach will probably cost him $痴 too.
3.    Reply and include a copy of my loan and the papers that we signed when the house was put into my name only.  (I now think the ex has forgotten this little detail)
4.    Phone Ex and tell him the loan and title are in my name, so I can hear the disappointment in his voice when he realises that he is an idiot.

So everyone, which option gets your vote?    (I know only one  is E-hell approved but....)

PS:  Thank you to those who have mentioned unreasonable requests from your ex's.  I am happy to know I am not alone, but sorry that others have to put up with stuff like this too.

JadeAngel

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 08:27:11 AM »
Honestly I would go with option 3... as much fun as it would be to mess with the ex and cost him money, in the end its best for you that this matter is dropped as soon as possible so you (and the ex) can get on with your lives.

Not to mention that you're creating a paper trail which will be useful to you should the ex attempt any more shenanigans...

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 08:58:57 AM »
I'd go with three. No point in dragging this out further. If it helps, you'll probably still get a ranty phone message you can laugh at.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

HorseFreak

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 11:45:29 AM »
Personally, I would go with #1 or 2 and ignore the ridiculous. Why put yourself out for stupidity?

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 11:49:04 AM »
I would never give copies of my financial documents (#3) unless compelled to by a judge, so I would just ignore it unless and until I am legally forced to do something.  I might call the ex and let him know that.

sisbam

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2011, 12:01:31 PM »
I'd go with #4, whatever your country's version of a cease and desist letter from your lawyer, complete with flowery language stating "appropriate documents available upon request."

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
I would never give copies of my financial documents (#3) unless compelled to by a judge, so I would just ignore it unless and until I am legally forced to do something.  I might call the ex and let him know that.

That's a good point. I was thinking of just the paperwork showing he has no claim on the house. That I would release.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

Ginya

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 12:30:46 PM »
Dear o dear !  My Ex, otherwise known as the Persistent Little Jerk  is living up to his Hell reputation.

Today I received a letter from his solicitors asking that I sign papers regarding Ex痴 request as soon as possible.*     I gather from this letter that they are under the impression that the loan on my house and title are still in both mine and my ex痴 names.

My dilemma is which way to mess with the ex  >:D

1.    Ignore the letter because it is never going to be *possible .   This will cost ex $痴 as the solicitor will write another letter.
2.    Reply saying that I will not be signing anything.  This approach will probably cost him $痴 too.
3.    Reply and include a copy of my loan and the papers that we signed when the house was put into my name only.  (I now think the ex has forgotten this little detail)
4.    Phone Ex and tell him the loan and title are in my name, so I can hear the disappointment in his voice when he realises that he is an idiot.

So everyone, which option gets your vote?    (I know only one  is E-hell approved but....)

PS:  Thank you to those who have mentioned unreasonable requests from your ex's.  I am happy to know I am not alone, but sorry that others have to put up with stuff like this too.

I'd go with a combination of #3 & 4. Contact the solicitors via written letter and if possible by phone to inform them he has no claim on your house/loan and you are not going to be signing or agreeing to any such thing. Also call your Ex and tell him the house/loan are in your name and his attempts are bordering on financial fraud and if he continues you'll have no choice but to take legal recourse. The other options drag the process out and could possible complicate things for the worse. If he somehow managed to get things processed without you it would be a legal nightmare, and could seriously hurt your financial credibility. My Aunt is currently going through something similar and it's destroyed her credit and the legal process is slow and costly.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 12:46:21 PM »
I would write a letter to his 'solicitors' and let them know that your ex has no claim whatsoever to the house, that you have supporting documents proving that -- (but DON'T send copies of those) -- and that if you are further contacted you will be filing harassment charges, because that is exactly what is happening here.

Then I'd contact a lawyer.  (Or do that before you write the letter.)

I would not contact your ex at all.  You have no need for further conversation with him.

gingerzing

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2011, 12:55:46 PM »
I would write a letter to his 'solicitors' and let them know that your ex has no claim whatsoever to the house, that you have supporting documents proving that -- (but DON'T send copies of those) -- and that if you are further contacted you will be filing harassment charges, because that is exactly what is happening here.

Then I'd contact a lawyer.  (Or do that before you write the letter.)

I would not contact your ex at all.  You have no need for further conversation with him.

This.  Write a letter to his solicitors (or have your solicitor write it) to let them know that your house is under your name only and that they are to contact your solicitor for the paperwork. 
And as much as it would be fun to hear the disappointment in his voice, I believe it falls under the "do not engage with crazy".

supernova

• thanks for all the fish
  • dancing alone
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »
*You* don't need to do anything but call your solicitor/lawyer.  Give her or him a copy of the request from the other solicitors.  Let him or her figure out the proper response, and handle it.

Then you get to relax and don't worry about a thing.  This is what you pay your solicitor for.

In other words...  get proper legal advice before proceeding. :)

- saphie

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2011, 04:15:49 PM »
I agree with PPs - tell his solicitor (by recorded delivery letter) why your ex has no claim on the property and make it clear you should not be contacted again.

Your ex appears to have control/boundary problems, so I would not speak to him at all - I honestly don't think he would back down in a verbal discussion.  Hopefully his solicitor can talk some sense into him.

I am still shaking my head at the sheer GALL!